What happens to Royal Promenade when it rains?

BoiiMcFly

I see the new Mega ships such as the Harmony of the Seas having an open promenade. Is it able to close when it rains or how does it deal with the weather to prevent flooding?

PS. I love the central parks they have on the ships now.

Central Park is not the Royal Promenande. Only the Boardwalk and Central Park is open. The Royal Promenade is still inside. You walk through a set of doors at the end of the Royal Promenade to access Central Park/Boardwalk

Edited by wolfcathorse

sorry am not familiar with all the exact names. I guess I am referring to the Boardwalk and Central park. The new ships have lots of open spaces, so I was just wondering how they dealt with heavy rain?

They have drain lines to deal with it.:D

sorry am not familiar with all the exact names. I guess I am referring to the Boardwalk and Central park. The new ships have lots of open spaces, so I was just wondering how they dealt with heavy rain?

Same as any open deck on a ship...the water is drained through floor drains and scuppers.

I remember being on oasis and we were walking to Chops Grille (central park) for a dinner reservation. It was raining pretty good. We walked on the sides to get there. I can't remember if the sides are covered, but I think we walked pretty close to the side so we wouldn't get wet.

Edited by slyster

If I remember correctly, there are umbrellas at either end of Central Park that you can use. I may be dreaming though...

You are not dreaming, you are correct. At both ends there is a holder with several umbrellas you can use.

At least thats what we experienced on Allure.

If I remember correctly, there are umbrellas at either end of Central Park that you can use. I may be dreaming though...

You are correct - you're not dreaming (unless it's dreaming about being on board and walking thru Central Park).:)

I see the new Mega ships such as the Harmony of the Seas having an open promenade. Is it able to close when it rains or how does it deal with the weather to prevent flooding?

PS. I love the central parks they have on the ships now.

That's what the kids' clubs are for. When it rains they hand all the kids bailing buckets and the game of the day is 'bail out the ship'!:D

Edited by DirtyDawg

I remember being on oasis and we were walking to Chops Grille (central park) for a dinner reservation. It was raining pretty good. We walked on the sides to get there. I can't remember if the sides are covered, but I think we walked pretty close to the side so we wouldn't get wet.

We did the same

You're not dreaming, they are outside all the restaurants and at the entrances to the park.

[quote name='

What dummy takes a picture of the drainage area? That’d be me

16350111251_03a09179b8_b.jpg

Ugh...that would be me:D

2egf8y0.jpg

I was fascinated with everything in Central Park. I bet there are a lot of people who don't even notice the brass stands with magnified scenes(dioramma miniatures???) in the top' date=' but I took pics of those too...LOL

[img']http://i68.tinypic.com/63t45u.jpg[/img]

21c9lb6.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo