AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

On 2/3/2020 at 6:32 PM, Jamesatgsu said:

Has anyone had UPS lose their package? UPS supposedly delivered it to my local UPS store today, but the store says they have no record of a package.

Trying to figure out how this is ultimately getting resolved and how long it will take.

I have gone to pick them up at the UPS store and was told they couldn’t find it.  Then they gave me someone else’s package. They finally found it,  they were looking for a package and not an envelope.  

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

They can sometimes take a full week or more to arrive. I know it doesn't seem that way since many of us have mentioned getting them in 3 days or so, but technically, Allstate's info. will say it could take up to 10 days. Yours will be coming USPS. You can give Allstate Rewards customer service a call. I think they can give you a tracking number.

Pawesome ill chill and see in a few days

When booked through a TA you can pay gratuities directly to carnival on the website with credit card or pay pal. There is no gift card option. 

What I do not know: 

1. Can you call carnival to pay gratuities by gift card when booked with a ta?

2. Can you call ta to pay gratuities by gift card, or add it to balance? Does it matter if already paid in full? Or passed pif date? 

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

When booked through a TA you can pay gratuities directly to carnival on the website with credit card or pay pal. There is no gift card option. 

What I do not know: 

2. Can you call ta to pay gratuities by gift card, or add it to balance? Does it matter if already paid in full? Or passed pif date? 

We booked through a TA (big box).  There was no place to add gratuities to our booking, or to pay them.  I had to call to have them added.  Since we are past final payment, I just had them take the GC over the phone.  Maybe if they were added in the past, you can make the payment.

Woohoo! My first Carnival gift card for $1k is out for delivery today!  Can't wait. 🎉

I ordered 4 more $500 cards a couple of days ago since the $1k cards went out of stock.

As an aside, I now have Allstate insurance and my husband and I have already earned $62 cash for our good driving thus far for using the DriveWise app. (Or may have been sign up bonus.)  I am starting to become obsessed with this app. I check it after every trip to make sure I did not have any hard breaking.  Hubs has 132k points and I still have over 90k after buying $3k in gift cards.  

For anyone who's placed a recent order, maybe late last week or this week, would you mind checking your Transactions History when you get a chance to see if it says "Null" anywhere in your name for the shipping info? To get there, login to your account, click on My Rewards at the top of the page, then scroll down to your recent purchases (you might have to click View Transaction History). To the right of the purchase, it'll say Details. Click on that to see the order info. Is your name in the shipping info. correct, does not say "Null" as part of it? It seemed to only happen to those of us who placed orders during the first part of last week, but now that people have placed more recent orders, I'm just curious to know if they fixed the Null bug. Thank you.

13 hours ago, lcgvol said:

I have gone to pick them up at the UPS store and was told they couldn’t find it.  Then they gave me someone else’s package. They finally found it,  they were looking for a package and not an envelope.  

Turns out, they didn't check it in properly, so they did have it, just nobody apparently wanted to actually look.  I won't be using that location again for a pickup (its independently owned and operated as it turns out).

4 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

What I do not know: 

3 hours ago, rukkian said:

We booked through a TA (big box).  There was no place to add gratuities to our booking, or to pay them.  I had to call to have them added.  Since we are past final payment, I just had them take the GC over the phone.  Maybe if they were added in the past, you can make the payment.

It's easier just to add the gift card to you sail and sign acct for all on board spending including gratuities.

Edited by regoodwinjr
Word

5 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

It's easier just to add the gift card to you sail and sign acct for all on board spending including gratuities.

Yes.  But, if you think you might spend lot on the first day or 2, it might make sense to use the gift cards to buy cruise cash to get you started.  This way, you can wait a couple of days to go to guest services (when the line will be shorter), without an additional hold going to your credit card (or debit card).

33 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

For anyone who's placed a recent order, maybe late last week or this week, would you mind checking your Transactions History when you get a chance to see if it says "Null" anywhere in your name for the shipping info? To get there, login to your account, click on My Rewards at the top of the page, then scroll down to your recent purchases (you might have to click View Transaction History). To the right of the purchase, it'll say Details. Click on that to see the order info. Is your name in the shipping info. correct, does not say "Null" as part of it? It seemed to only happen to those of us who placed orders during the first part of last week, but now that people have placed more recent orders, I'm just curious to know if they fixed the Null bug. Thank you.

My order a couple of weeks ago, I was null, but the one on Sunday still has my name, however I do not have it yet.

20 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

I just wanted that part done before boarding.  I wanted to get as many gc added as cruise cash, but you are limited to $500, and with 4 people x8 days, the grats alone are almost $500.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

When I go to the shipping information, it has a link that says track package. There is no name. When I click the link, a blank page comes up.  When I track on the UPS page, no name is provided.

13 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

When I go to the shipping information, it has a link that says track package. There is no name. When I click the link, a blank page comes up.  When I track on the UPS page, no name is provided.

Yes, same here. No worries though. Have faith. They will show up. 🤞

48 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Yeah, don't click the "Track Package" button. I was talking about at the top of that same page where it lists your name & shipping address. Like this:

uc?export=download&id=1DRMHab9uGlWm3UaYuLfB_X1lUCPnCl6S

Where it says "null" should be my last name, but their bug was replacing last names with "null." It seems like they've got it fixed now. Thanks for looking.

And as for that Track Package button, it doesn't work for anyone. It used to work when you'd view that page using a mobile browser, but since they updated the site format, it no longer works at all.