AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

20 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Are you talking about the website from a computer or the smartphone app? I don't use the app, but have messed around with it over the years, and it used to allow us to buy gift cards and enter promo codes directly in the app. Now it just opens the mobile browser. If you're talking about the desktop site, make sure you're using the right URL. Try this one: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

No problem with desktop version..... It's the mobile app. It recently changed and the promo box seems to have disappeared.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:43 AM, Petersonfcu said:

As a self-proclaimed "travel hacker" and an avid collector of points and miles of all different stripes,  I can say that this is an issue that repeats over and over in all different travel contexts.   There is no way to really control the spread of "good news" like this on the internet -- basically, you just have to hope that Allstate gets enough value out of this program to continue it/expand it even when there are hundred or thousands of new folks taking advantage of it.

You have any travel hacks for Chase Sapphire, Capital One Venture or United Airline miles? 

59 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

You have any travel hacks for Chase Sapphire, Capital One Venture or United Airline miles? 

Unfortunately, this is not really the place for discussing credit cards and miles.  I can (briefly) say this, though: I don’t collect United Mileageplus miles, because if you want to fly free on Star Alliance airlines (including United), there are much better mileage programs for doing that.  You mentioned the Capitol One Venture card, and those CapOne points transfer to Avianca Lifemiles and Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, both better mileage programs than United Mileageplus.  Also, the Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards points transfer to Singapore.   If you do some simple Google searches (e.g., Points Guy United Lifemiles), you will get all sorts of info on these programs.  For some really fun stuff, google Frequent Miler Turkish Airlines United . . . . (Turkish Airlines is a transfer partner for Citibank Thankyou points).

I was getting nervous that the cards may not be available again  before my final payment first of March, so when I saw they were there Sunday morning I ordered eight of the $500 ones. They came today, Wednesday, at lunchtime and luckily my husband was home to sign for them. Such an easy way to save $400! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

$100 Princess Gift cards are back in stock.

Freaking FB group got them all.  I'm an Allstate customer  for both home and auto, want to save 200 on my first Princess cruise and now I need to play the wait game.

Doubly complicated because Cruisecritic no longer notifies me of any new posts on my followed threads, so I missed jbethel11's post.

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Freaking FB group got them all.  I'm an Allstate customer  for both home and auto, want to save 200 on my first Princess cruise and now I need to play the wait game.

Doubly complicated because Cruisecritic no longer notifies me of any new posts on my followed threads, so I missed jbethel11's post.

I see you have cruised Carnival before, but not Princess.  I have cruised both lines many times, and likely will do both again many times in the future.  Frankly, though, I prefer Carnival over Princess.  I know that Carnival gets a bad rap as being a "party boat" cruise line, but I find its pretty easy to avoid those particular cruises with a lot of drunken younger adults by taking Carnival's longer cruises or, when taking shorter cruises, doing midweek cruises.  Mostly I like Carnival becuase, generally, I find the food to be better on Carnival than Princess.   I know some may disagree with me, and certainly food quality varies from ship to ship within the same cruise line, but overall I feel this is true.  I could go into excruciating detail on this, but I will spare the gentle readers.

But my bottom line going forward is I don't really care if Allstate fails to keep the Princess cards in stock, as long as they make the Carnival cards readily available.  🙂