What do you think of Royals TV channel offerings??

This is the first time I have noticed this thread. I've never sailed on RCCL so I don't even know what's offered. Can someone tell me what the offerings are? I'll be sailing on LOS Feb 5, and I enjoy watching the news (CNN). Can someone give me an idea of what news sources are available?

Thank you,

Karen

This is the first time I have noticed this thread. I've never sailed on RCCL so I don't even know what's offered. Can someone tell me what the offerings are? I'll be sailing on LOS Feb 5, and I enjoy watching the news (CNN). Can someone give me an idea of what news sources are available?

Thank you,

Karen

CNN is the only news available but switches at times to CNN International.

I'm pretty happy with the function that lets me check my bill. Otherwise, I'm on a ship to NOT WORRY ABOUT THE TV!!!!

I've always wondered how one gets to over 2000 posts in less than six months. Probably 3000 if their threads didn't constantly get deleted. Now I know.

(FWIW, I moderate on a totally non-travel related forum. I'd have banned you and blocked your IP by now. At least give it a rest for a couple of weeks.)

I'm pretty happy with the function that lets me check my bill. Otherwise, I'm on a ship to NOT WORRY ABOUT THE TV!!!!

I've always wondered how one gets to over 2000 posts in less than six months. Probably 3000 if their threads didn't constantly get deleted. Now I know.

(FWIW, I moderate on a totally non-travel related forum. I'd have banned you and blocked your IP by now. At least give it a rest for a couple of weeks.)

Going on a cruise Sunday and leaving tomorrow. My post count goes up then down. To be clear, I don't believe I personally said or did anything on my part as OP. I believe others were not happy with my request to add another channel.

I would like enhancements to Royal TV.

Ditto. The only channel I really keep on is the ships location speed etc. this is on when we are dressing to go out. I know it's different for everyone but for us the room is basically to sleep in. There is so much to do we are usually pooped by the time we get to our room.

I snorted when I read this thread title. It combined with the new look, just about made me giddy.... and not in a good way.

I would enjoy better tv channels, but I rarely actually watch anything on them. I did enjoy the cruise directors Late Night 15 minute show on the Anthem though, My wife watched it every morning. It was better than Jimmy Fallon, but then that wouldn't be all that hard....

We were on a river cruise in the Eastern bloc a few years ago when the Ebola crisis and Ferguson were burning. It was weird, watching Sky news the BBC, Al Jezeera cover this stuff. If one believed the stuff they tell you on tv you would have surely believed the world would have burned down by now and we would all be history.

JC

I snorted when I read this thread title. It combined with the new look, just about made me giddy.... and not in a good way.

I would enjoy better tv channels, but I rarely actually watch anything on them. I did enjoy the cruise directors Late Night 15 minute show on the Anthem though, My wife watched it every morning. It was better than Jimmy Fallon, but then that wouldn't be all that hard....

We were on a river cruise in the Eastern bloc a few years ago when the Ebola crisis and Ferguson were burning. It was weird, watching Sky news the BBC, Al Jezeera cover this stuff. If one believed the stuff they tell you on tv you would have surely believed the world would have burned down by now and we would all be history.

JC

On our 11 day cruise, we actually watch the Next Cruise presentation from beginning to end.

Could not care less. They kids might watch it while we get dressed. Other than that.. I'm on vacation. Don't want to spend my hard earned cash on the most expensive TV show ever..

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A3003 via Tapatalk

Ditto. The only channel I really keep on is the ships location speed etc. this is on when we are dressing to go out. I know it's different for everyone but for us the room is basically to sleep in. There is so much to do we are usually pooped by the time we get to our room.

I agree with these. I like to know where we are and sometimes watched the Cruise Director's show.

When I go on a cruise, I like to take a break from all personal electronics. I don't use my cell phone, computer, Wi-Fi, watch the news or anything. I like that the TV shows information about the ship, the weather, and cruise related stuff, but that's all I want, so I'm satisfied with what they've got.

Other than looking at my account- the only thing I would watch is ESPN for background noise.

If I were doing a TA or TP, we might want to watch some movies.

Sometimes I do watch CNN since it's CNN international, and stuff that we don't see is up there, and it's sometimes interesting.

Other than that, I vacation to stay away.

TV line up is no big deal for us. We like the background noise while in the cabin and usually by day 6 we do enjoy a lay in bed being lazy for the morning kind of start to the day but so far we haven't been able to find absolutely nothing to see. So to answer your question....it's fine for us, obviously it's not for you.

The way I look at it is that Royal wants you out of your cabin. All those "sales" in the promenade, $$$'s going into the slots, and overpriced drinks are not being purchased if people are all cozy in their cabins with their favorite news/movies/tv shows. I have no idea how expensive it is for them to have a certain line up of channels...but I would bet the bigger issue for them is making sure their captivated guests stay captivated. Along w/ their wallets.

That being said, I don't really think Royal is looking at these threads as much as you seem to think. I obviously could be completely wrong and I know you've written multiple times about how you've voiced your concern over tv in other ways. I still think that would probably get you further than here as it appears quite a few CC'ers don't really care about the TV. As others have said-if you need Fox news that badly then buying the internet is your best bet at this point.

Generally, other than early morning and a little at bedtime, we will turn on the TV. Like many of you, it will not be news, often the ships channel regarding position and speed.

However, on our 11 day cruise that took place in November, many like minded cruisers that we visited with in the CL, were very interested in the events of the day. On a 11 day, TV at times comes in handy.

Just our feelings. I will leave my MAGA hat at home as I wish not to cause a issue on the ship. I will wear my 101st Airborne hat and my Flag shirts.

Peace and love...... see you in a week...

On my cruise in Nov. It would have been nice if they'd offered some documentaries about the ruins & the civilizations that built them near the ports we were visiting - Croatia (twice,) Rhodes, Venice & Ephesus. These days there are so many documentaries out there & a little refresher on the history/natural history of the Adriatic would have enriched the experience of seeing those places.

Maybe we are different. We like to watch TV in the morning when we get up. It may play in the background as we are getting up and dressed for breakfast. We come back to the cabin to getting ready for dinner, and generally turn on the TV. Then as we go to bed, we will turn it on for a bit...

Is this really different from others....

I watch TV about the same as you. I would like more recent world news instead the endless loop of CNN. I do feel "cut off from the world" news wise. Also maybe more frequent movie changes = again not the same one in a loop.

Why don't you make a list of the channels on Allure and report back to us.

BTW, wasn't there a release that Royal did sign a deal with Fox news this fall. Was that just BS?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Will do on Allure TV channels.

Killing time at our hotel with plenty of channels because our boarding by deck number is not until 1. ����

It is COLD and raining here in South Florida. Seas and Ocean not looking so good for next few days. Hope we get to Nassau to buy our cologne/perfume as well as having cracked Conch.

Edited by troykahack