What do you think of Royals TV channel offerings??

We would like some enhancements to Royals TV Channels. You like it the way it is or would you want something different?

Yay another channel thread.

What I'd prefer is for them to make it easy for me to hook up a computer/roku/chromecast to the TV and just watch my own content. It can be done, sorta, but it's a PITA. Can't stand watching TV with commercials, regardless of the channel. For news I'd rather read it than watch some lame talking head bloviate about it.

Hey, you asked :cool:

Yay another channel thread.

What I'd prefer is for them to make it easy for me to hook up a computer/roku/chromecast to the TV and just watch my own content. It can be done, sorta, but it's a PITA. Can't stand watching TV with commercials, regardless of the channel. For news I'd rather read it than watch some lame talking head bloviate about it.

Hey, you asked :cool:

That would be neat.... we DVR most shows... we don't generally sign up for the Voom Service or Streaming.... like to get away from those things... many of the channels on Royal don't show commercials but play music during the commercial.

I think this is the forth time you've asked about channels this week..

However, I do think it could be improved. More free 'on demand' stuff.

However, I don't go on a cruise to watch TV. Barely ever watch it.

Maybe we are different. We like to watch TV in the morning when we get up. It may play in the background as we are getting up and dressed for breakfast. We come back to the cabin to getting ready for dinner, and generally turn on the TV. Then as we go to bed, we will turn it on for a bit...

Is this really different from others....

I think RCI is getting like a lot of big international company's and that "Just getting Lazy"

Some line up have been showing on there channel for passed 3 yrs and the RCI website need some new content, ships have had referb's with no upgraded pics or announcement. Think the [emoji146] & ️ site was last updated with stories from 2014

Isn't it funny how some people, can't just read threads and commit about the point of interest, but have to be personal to others. Pointing fact if you have read it 3 time before, go read the newspaper, because a lot are reading it for the first time . [emoji39][emoji39][emoji481][emoji481]

Just our thoughts cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe we are different. We like to watch TV in the morning when we get up. It may play in the background as we are getting up and dressed for breakfast. We come back to the cabin to getting ready for dinner, and generally turn on the TV. Then as we go to bed, we will turn it on for a bit...

Is this really different from others....

Us too. I loved the CBS "Eye on Royal"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also enjoy having the tv on in the cabin. I miss news, sports events and a variety of progams when at sea. (I'm also one of those people who might watch tv very late at night or early in the morning if unable to sleep.) I agree RCL's tv options on cruises are poor considering the wide range of programs that can be streamed or obtained by satellite. Most of the time it doesn't bother me that much. However, I've also been on cruises when major news, weather and sports events were occuring in the world, and it was very frustrating not to have good tv access to breaking news.

I also enjoy having the tv on in the cabin. I miss news, sports events and a variety of progams when at sea. (I'm also one of those people who might watch tv very late at night or early in the morning if unable to sleep.) I agree RCL's tv options on cruises are poor considering the wide range of programs that can be streamed or obtained by satellite. Most of the time it doesn't bother me that much. However, I've also been on cruises when major news, weather and sports events were occuring in the world, and it was very frustrating not to have good tv access to breaking news.

We agree

Horrible, The only time we have the tv is on before bed. Just to have the tv on in the back ground usually watch the cruise ship channel. But that is ok I am never in the room to watch tv

We would like some enhancements to Royals TV Channels. You like it the way it is or would you want something different?

I agree there should be more enhancements! There is simply not enough variety in their "adult" programming. We need more options in the "adult" programming area! Get to it Royal!