Problems with reentry to US

FLJudi

After the president's ban on people from several Middle Eastern nations entering the US, will this affect any Celebrity passengers?For example, if you have a green card or a student or H2 visa and leave the country, will you be allowed back? If I were from one of these countries, I'd be wary of leaving the US, even for a Caribbean vacation.

What will Celebrity do?

the reality is that no one really knows, but if you are in a potentially effected group, you have to think carefully about what could happen.

What if someone in that group is past final payment and now needs to cancel due to the real fear of not being let back into the US? Will Celebrity, other cruise lines, airlines offer full refunds?

Irrespective of what anyone thinks about the issue, it's a real mess.....

As a result of today's border actions, unless you are a US citizen, and you are of one of the seven Muslim countries you are not allowed back in even if you have a green card or visa.

Green card holders are now said to be treated on a "case by case" basis. Still, very worrying. I cannot think that such actions will encourage tourism to the US from any country.

Stuart

Cruise lines should refund or give future credit to those affected by the change. I doubt cruise lines would lose much anyway since the number of tourists and green card holders from those specific countries going on a cruise within the next few months must be ridiculously small.

Cruise lines should refund or give future credit to those affected by the change. I doubt cruise lines would lose much anyway since the number of tourists and green card holders from those specific countries going on a cruise within the next few months must be ridiculously small.

I hope the cruise lines can adopt soon enough their policy on the effects of this executive order for those affected.

Read an article today where companies such a Google, recalled affected out of country staff and advised those on vacation to return.

WestJet and Air Canada announced they will waive cancellation fees for passport holders from affected countries. I'm sure others have/will as well. I'd wonder if it is covered by travel insurance. Kind of like a travel advisory in reverse. Maybe cruise lines will waive too. Always pax responsibility to ensure they can legally travel. What about a stay at a resort. Will they/should they refund? Also unclear what will happen to those with dual passports, 'allowed' country and banned.

Edited by YoHoHo

Some people were literally in the air, on a plane, when this happened. What about them? So the companies who have ordered their employees to return & cut short vacations, work visits, are stuck wherever they are and can't get back. Airlines are stopping people from boarding the plane.

As of 5pm this date. A Federal Supreme Court Judge has approved that anyone in transit, on a holiday cruise that departed from a US Port, valid green cards, and travel visas already in place can still travel to and through the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As of 5pm this date. A Federal Supreme Court Judge has approved that anyone in transit, on a holiday cruise that departed from a US Port, valid green cards, and travel visas already in place can still travel to and through the US.

Which judge and which court? I am monitoring this situation quite closely tonight for work and have not heard that the Supreme Court has stepped in. The New York district court order does not quite say this, if that is what you are referencing.

Of course it would have been less disruptive for some if the order had taken effect a few days later but only truly naive people didn't see this coming since november 8. My sympathies are with Kate steinles family not whiners.

Mexico isn't on the list of the countries where LEGAL, green card holders have been refused entry or detained and the EO had nothing to do anyone from Mexico. These were people who went through the channels, had their green card and were legally in the United States, free to travel in and out of the country, so why would they have expected this? They've all gone through a vetting process that lasted from 18-24 months. Some have been in the country for ten years so why wouldn't they feel free to go on a cruise and return? They were legally able to do this. The first person detained was a man from Iraq who had a green card and had worked with our military force for 10 years as a translator and would have been put in grave danger if returned to Iraq. He was handcuffed and detained. I don't think he falls under the category of "whiner."

Mexico isn't on the list of the countries where LEGAL, green card holders have been refused entry or detained and the EO had nothing to do anyone from Mexico. These were people who went through the channels, had their green card and were legally in the United States, free to travel in and out of the country, so why would they have expected this? They've all gone through a vetting process that lasted from 18-24 months. Some have been in the country for ten years so why wouldn't they feel free to go on a cruise and return? They were legally able to do this. The first person detained was a man from Iraq who had a green card and had worked with our military force for 10 years as a translator and would have been put in grave danger if returned to Iraq. He was handcuffed and detained. I don't think he falls under the category of "whiner."

Very well said.

I am a green card holder, currently in NYC. I am not one of the 7 countries banned.

I was sailing on Navigator of the seas today :eek:

I called RCL and told them I spoke to ACLU and airport official at JFK/LGA who advised not to travel unless emergency since the EO has been vague on instructions it is better to get a waiver/permission or something from the consulate before leaving US.

I hope they can offer some refund towards my next sailing.

I had booked with AA flying from NYC to Miami and they did not refund :(:

Already $275 down the drain, but I can hardly enjoy a vacation not knowing if I will be allowed to get home :eek::eek:

This is my home. And I do have a genuine fear of being detained or such every since the days of my visa applications.

They vetted me - it took them about a year and tons of documents. :(

Correct, its for already sailed cruises, but not for cruises after Friday :(:(

As a result of today's border actions, unless you are a US citizen, and you are of one of the seven Muslim countries you are not allowed back in even if you have a green card or visa.

That also affects airline personnel such as pilots and flight attendants. They are currently not allowed to fly to the USA.

Not sure how many cruise ship personnel are from those seven countries.

Green card holders are now said to be treated on a "case by case" basis. Still, very worrying. I cannot think that such actions will encourage tourism to the US from any country.

Stuart

It is only 7 very dodgy Muslim Countries that have a history of terrorist acts by its citizens that are affected. By the way it seems Iran has banned all American tourists from entering their country.Alah only knows what that will do to their tourist industry.

😱😜

Apparently they reckon no Green card holders have been denied entry!

Trump said that entering the USA is not a 'right", it is a privilege for any non-citizen. Before he got power, I would totally agree it was a privilege, I have been to the US in excess of 50 times over the past few years and feel very privileged to count so many Americans as my friends..

However I am not sure I, and many others, feel the same way about entering the USA anymore whilst he is in power.

It is only 7 very dodgy Muslim Countries that have a history of terrorist acts by its citizens that are affected. 😱😜

Which, in a global world, affects many residents and workers in the US.

As for "dodgy" one can only wonder why certain other countries weren't listed...? Seems it was a "dodgy" edict.

I am a green card holder, currently in NYC. I am not one of the 7 countries banned.

I was sailing on Navigator of the seas today :eek:

I called RCL and told them I spoke to ACLU and airport official at JFK/LGA who advised not to travel unless emergency since the EO has been vague on instructions it is better to get a waiver/permission or something from the consulate before leaving US.

I hope they can offer some refund towards my next sailing.

I had booked with AA flying from NYC to Miami and they did not refund :(:

Already $275 down the drain, but I can hardly enjoy a vacation not knowing if I will be allowed to get home :eek::eek:

This is my home. And I do have a genuine fear of being detained or such every since the days of my visa applications.

They vetted me - it took them about a year and tons of documents. :(

If your passport is not from one of the seven countries as you say there's no reason to cancel. Tens of thousands of green card holders exit and re-enter daily.