Your favorite ports and ship...go

Gabruska

Deciding between different ships. Sailed Carnival and RC and definitely prefer RC now. Loved Independence and don't want to go on any smaller boat. Leaning towards Oasis or Harmony. As far as ports we have done Mexico, Belize and Raotan couple of times. Now thinking Eastern....what ports are your favorites. Cruising with teens. Thank you for any input.

Celebrity Summit and Jewel of the Seas.

Port Dominica and St. Maarten. I definitely agree about St. Maarten. I usually do a tour around the whole island. It includes Orient Beach on the French side and Maho to watch the airplanes. (Also get the treat of watching idiots standing at the fence behind an aircraft taking off, risking incineration.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Favorite ship to date- Allure- love the size and stuff to do onboard. Favorite port? Maybe Santorini or Ephasus (sp?) [both were done on Brilliance, also a great ship!].

Lol- just saw you're going to the Caribbean :). Hmm, I like most ports there. Maybe Grand Cayman, Labadee, and Barbados.

Least favorite ship - Adventure, it was in need of a refurb, rude passengers, not great staff. Least favorite port- Jamaica, we've seen what we wanted to see there, don't like the port shopping, and will probably just stay on the ship next time we go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by vacationlover_mn

I thought the Explorer/Freedom class was the cat's meow, but no comparison to the Oasis/Quantum class. My favorite ports are Aruba, St. Marteen , Venice & Bermuda. I would have added NYC, but I'm a stone throw from it. When I sailed many years ago, the NYC skyline was marvelous & magnificent. Got a glimpse of what I missed, when we sailed the Anthem from Bayonne this past August, the Captain decided to go left and instead of right to the Ocean. We got to see the Lady of the Hudson River, the downtown skyline, Governor's & Ellis Island. It is a sight.

Least favorite ship - Adventure, it was in need of a refurb, rude passengers, not great staff. Least favorite port- Jamaica, we've seen what we wanted to see there, don't like the port shopping, and will probably just stay on the ship next time we go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We went on Adventure in December after the update and the ship is in much better shape. However staff is still as underwhelming probably the worst we've seen with RCCL. It's why we are considering going with another cruise line for our 2018 trip to Europe, oh and the washrooms on the 2nd floor take 5-20 minutes to flush after you press the button but as they told me that's normal on cruise ships.

Favorite ship was Rhapsody and that is because they had the best staff we've seen, ports it's a close one between Kusadasi (Ephesus), Curacao or Santorini.

Edited by CdnTraveler78