Promo info?

CruisersTimesThree

I know in the past I have sometimes seen a couple of people who get a heads up on what the next promotion will be when one is coming to an end and then are kind enough to post it here on the boards to let others know.

Just wondering if anyone "in the know" could share what might change (or stay) when the current promo ends after Tues.

Thanks in advance if anyone has the info!

It can be rather hap-hazard. I use to work as an on-line advocate for Celebrity. Sometimes we would get a heads up of a promotion but much of the time our first notification was when we logged onto their sight in the morning.

Often there are promo's posted to the RCL Agent portal giving a heads up.

Much of the time as many of us witness on an ongoing basis the programming was not in place to take advantage of the promotion ... e.g. the $25 deposit.

One thing I can say with certainty is that often the promotion's are a shell game. The prices are raised and then the next day they have a 50% off second person promo. The net price is the same.

Best bet is book when you see a cruise you like and then keep an eye on promos. As long as outside final payment you can then get the price/promotion that may be playing if better than you purchase price.

Thanks for the info Jim!

I know that a couple of times there was I think a TA here on the boards who would sometimes post a link to a PDF showing what promo was up next.

Was kinda hoping that would be the case from my posting the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use to work as an on-line advocate for Celebrity. Sometimes we would get a heads up of a promotion but much of the time our first notification was when we logged onto their sight in the morning.

Jim_lain: what is an on-line advocate for celebrity? Just curious..Thank you

The current promo will be extended to 2/28 with no changes. There is a website that always has these things listed. I'm surprised it's not more well known.

Any clues about the site that you can share for us that are just getting into cruising?

Any clues about the site that you can share for us that are just getting into cruising?

This may get deleted. Not sure. But it's a publicly accessible website so it can't be too terribly secret.

http://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/Wave.html

Here's the flyer with the extended dates:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16054357_CEL_Wave_Generic.pdf

Edited by Jeremiah1212

This may get deleted. Not sure. But it's a publicly accessible website so it can't be too terribly secret.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16054357_CEL_Wave_Generic.pdf

Thanks. Always good to have another source of info while I keep an eye on pricing for our anniversary cruise in Nov.

Edited by cdn_tbird

One thing I can say with certainty is that often the promotion's are a shell game. The prices are raised and then the next day they have a 50% off second person promo. The net price is the same.

Best bet is book when you see a cruise you like and then keep an eye on promos. As long as outside final payment you can then get the price/promotion that may be playing if better than you purchase price.

Well said.

Thanks! This is good news.

The current promo only covers cruises until April 2018. If it's extended, does it mean there are (still) no promos for cruises beyond that and therefore there is no incentive for us to book anything onboard when we sail in a week's time?

I don't see anything that mentions cruises later than 4/2018. It's too early to see promos that far in advance. I don't think this is uncommon that it's not listed.

However, if I try to book the 2/1/2019 Southern Carib on Silhouette, I'm seeing Big, Better, Best offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't see anything that mentions cruises later than 4/2018. It's too early to see promos that far in advance. I don't think this is uncommon that it's not listed.

However, if I try to book the 2/1/2019 Southern Carib on Silhouette, I'm seeing Big, Better, Best offered.

Both the links that you posted indicate that the sailing range is from 1 March 2017 to 30 April 2018. If I continue to book in suites, the promo doesn't really matter as we currently get all four perks anyway. However, I was thinking of booking an AQ stateroom for our next cruise while onboard and getting the "free" second perk would have been good. Was hoping they would extend the sailing range once 31 Jan had come and gone; looks like that won't be the case!

While I agree this is often true it is not universal - in fairness, you did use the word "often". There have been many occasions for me where a new promo comes out and the prices don't go up resulting in real savings opportunities. That's why I agree that you should book when you are comfortable with the price, but to keep checking diligently.

Mike

Edited by mandream

Jim_lain: what is an on-line advocate for celebrity? Just curious..Thank you

You may recall about a year ago Celebrity had a trial program where you had a pop-up speak with an Advocate. The company that sponsored it does it also on many sites but NCL is the only Cruise Line I know of. They recruited us from Cruise Critics. They also had a group of Celebrity CSR's that were competing against us.

The customers we chatted with loved it as we helped them navigate Celebrity's site and could give them quotes and advice on cruising on Celebrity.

Celebrity decided not to continue and dumped the program.

You may recall about a year ago Celebrity had a trial program where you had a pop-up speak with an Advocate. The company that sponsored it does it also on many sites but NCL is the only Cruise Line I know of. They recruited us from Cruise Critics. They also had a group of Celebrity CSR's that were competing against us.

The customers we chatted with loved it as we helped them navigate Celebrity's site and could give them quotes and advice on cruising on Celebrity.

Thank you!

I remember asking Curt (off these boards) what had happened as the scheme didn't appear to last very long. He stated that X had decided against continuing.

Back to the question regarding booking onboard: we were able to obtain the 2 perks, plus the extra OBC for a cruise sailing after April 2018 ;).

Still cruising then

you know it makes sense.

:)

hope you and the gang are well

regards

john

Yes, all good. Hope you are too? We had a fabulous time on Millie over Christmas (Hong Kong to Singapore). Notice that you've booked another sailing on Crystal - it must have been good? We will try Azamara when the boys eventually don't want to come with us :rolleyes: :D.

• 2 months later...