Any US Entry Issues Since Executive Order?

sasset

I know this is thin ice, but have there been any issues for crew from any of the seven designated countries (Iran Iraq Libya Somalia Sudan Syria Yemen) upon re-entering the US?

I did some research the other day on the various boards and local newspapers. Apparently one person was held for a few hours getting off the Allure of the Seas. At this point does not appear to have any effect on Celebrity Ships.

I did some research the other day on the various boards and local newspapers. Apparently one person was held for a few hours getting off the Allure of the Seas. At this point does not appear to have any effect on Celebrity Ships.

Mr. Don,

Thanks for a very sensible post, as usual. :)

There are still a lot of ships that are out on sailings and will not be returning to a U.S. disembarkation port until later this week, or next week, or the weeks after that. So it's a little too early to determine what the final effect of the EO will be on cruise ship passengers.

Edited by DirtyDawg

Good morning, the last thread about this went waaayyyyy off topic and

the moderators deleted it (thankfully). So, yes it is on thin ice.

I could see how that could happen...guess that's why I couldn't anything on the subject.

I was thinking about issues with crew since they do come from so many countries. My understanding is/was anyone with a passport from any of the named countries wouldn't be able to re-enter the US even if the ship only went to Nassau for example.

Glad to hear there have been no issues (as of yet).

Glad to hear there have been no issues (as of yet).

There have been issues with airline flight crew. It stands to reason that this could affect Celebrity crew too, although I don't recall ever meeting any crew from those seven countries on any of the cruise lines I have been on. The vast majority of crew I have encountered come from the Philippines or Indonesia.

It would be prudent for any crew member, without the necessary citizenship papers, to not disembark at any American port. I would think that advice would have been given to them to avoid any controversy or problem.

Are they even OK stopping there without disembarking?

I'm sorry I missed that other thread.

There have been issues with airline flight crew. It stands to reason that this could affect Celebrity crew too, although I don't recall ever meeting any crew from those seven countries on any of the cruise lines I have been on. The vast majority of crew I have encountered come from the Philippines or Indonesia.

By the way the biggest muslim country in the world is Indonesia (only a side note!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app