My time dining

You can use the cruise planner to book table from 5:30 to 8:45 in 15 minutes interval prior to your cruise (time might depend on ship).

I have used My Time Dining since it was introduced, but never booked tables prior to the cruise. I did want to flexibility of MTD to plan for late departures. shows or other activities.

As soon reservation is open the first day I'll do the first reservation, and then I normally make reservation for the following day.

You can always change an existing reservation.

We are sailing on LOS July 23rd, 2017. This will be our first cruise with My Time Dining. Will we be able to make reservations for dining prior to our cruise? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

We are sailing Allure in a couple weeks. We made our MTD reservations weeks ago. :cool:

If you're on my time dining, is it essential to make reservations or can you still just go and eat at any time? Is there generally a wait time if you havent made a reservation?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's the whole idea of MTD = flexibility...show up when you want to...How long you may have to wait (if at all..varies). We always do a table for two and after many cruises since MTD has been an option the longest we've had to wait was a few minutes.

We've never had MTD but have pre-registered for 5:30 each day..

Does that mean any thing if there's 100 people in line in front of you who just show up and want to eat at the same time or are there 2 lines ... One for reservations and another for those who just show up?

If you're on my time dining, is it essential to make reservations or can you still just go and eat at any time? Is there generally a wait time if you havent made a reservation?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You do not need reservations. You can eat any time during their dinner hours. There might be a short wait, but people that do that say it is never long.

We've never had MTD but have pre-registered for 5:30 each day..

Does that mean any thing if there's 100 people in line in front of you who just show up and want to eat at the same time or are there 2 lines ... One for reservations and another for those who just show up?

Ashland can probably answer that better, but I think those with reservations get seated first.

Ashland can probably answer that better, but I think those with reservations get seated first.

Usually it's a different line...many times our line has been shorter and yes we did end up getting seated before those in line with a reservation.

Seems like more and more are feeling the pressure to make reservations...which is fine with us. ;)

Does anyone know what time the shows start on the Jewel? Trying to set up MTD, but would like to coordinate my reservation with the evening's entertainment.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Shows are timed to be convenient for the two tradtional dining times, so you should be OK picking times close to those.

Is it me or has RCL scheduled shows at times to make people skip the main dining room? I had a hard time finding dining times that will allow for us to see the big shows. Another way RCL hopes to cut costs!

:confused:How would they cut costs by making you skip the MDR? You would still eat something, presumably in the WJ.

It is you - most folks have no problem finding dining times to be able to make the shows,

We had my time dining last week on the Liberty, we never made a reservation. There are 2 lines, one is for those with reservations, the other is for those without reservations. If you don't have a reservation and it's busy, they take your cabin number and give you a pager that works anywhere on the ship. We never waited more then 10 or 15 minutes. We have done my time dining in the past and had very good service, this cruise we found the service in the dining room to be very poor. There were no shows requiring reservations. We did find the food in the windjammer to be pretty good in that we were always able to find something we enjoyed (made to order omelettes, fresh stir fry, and COOKIES the oatmeal raisin and ranger cookies were awesome, the last sea day they had shrimp cocktail and lobster) there were items that we did not care for also, the food in the dining room was hit and miss. We did first night done right at Chops, the food was excellent. We had the filet mignon it was amazing, and the forest mushroom soup was incredible. Sorrentos always had sandwiches and salad and pizza plus a few puddings (our go to was the subway sandwich and chop salad) I didn't like the pizza at all. Promenade Cafe was good for morning coffee and pastries, they also had a few sandwiches in the evening but we never tried them. We didn't purchase the cafe select card, but if you are really picky about your coffee you might want it, we found the included coffee to be acceptable most of the time, occasionally it was mud from sitting too long. We didn't do the drink package, and we're glad we didn't. The drinks were strong so we didn't need very many, Edward at the Solarium pool bar was awesome. And I recommend the Texas Tea at sail away to start your vacay off right, ask for a little more Texas and a little less tea 😁.

If, over time, less people eat in the MDR then RCL has to hire less staff. I can promise you that RCL has used data analytics to determine how to cut costs with food and dining and this is probably one of the results. Not all food costs and service are equal.

It is those analytics and bean counters that bit RCI in the a$$ when they tried Dynamic Dining. While some things look good on paper, they don't always work out with people.;)