I will never, ever again eat_____________onboard

cowboygene

Really?

I think across the board the new menus are worst that the old ones.

Both the mussels and the lamb in Le Bristro are case in point.

Lois

Agree! I found Le Bistro to be sorely lacking in quite a few things on their new menu. [emoji848][emoji20]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

MODERNO!

While I have eaten in several Brazilian steakhouses with this concept on land, some really really good to others just okay.

The meat in Moderno was just awful (2x), they keep coming around with the crap over and over trying to fill you up before the "better" meats come and even those are not up to snuff.

MODERNO!

While I have eaten in several Brazilian steakhouses with this concept on land, some really really good to others just okay.

The meat in Moderno was just awful (2x), they keep coming around with the crap over and over trying to fill you up before the "better" meats come and even those are not up to snuff.

This certainly has never been our experience and I am guessing we have eaten at Modernos 6 or 7 times. if we wanted to wait for something else, we simply said no thank you, we too have eaten at many land brazilian steak houses: some are better than Modernos, but the price tag reflects that.

MODERNO!

We just got off the Jewel this morning (fabulous Panama Canal cruise!) and have decided we are done with Moderno. Four tries on two different ships, and we had the same reaction every time. The meats were just not good (and often were cold to boot). I think they can't pull off the concept of a churrascuria on a cruise ship, where the volume of diners is not enough for them to have sufficient quantities of properly cooked meat coming around.

I'll never eat the mass scrambled eggs again in the buffet.

I may try to never eat more than 2 desserts in one sitting. :D

I totally forgot about the eggs, they are terrible! Always runny and nasty!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Totally agree with this. the mussels in pernod were my favorite dish at le Bristro. Had the mussels on the BA with the new recipe, and they were terrible. The "wine" broth was just water with so much salt I could not even eat them. I will not order them again.

Oh my gosh I am sad to hear they changed the recipe...I dream about those mussels and was looking forward to them again in June :(

I totally forgot about the eggs, they are terrible! Always runny and nasty!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I went to get coffee and left my breakfast plate uncovered at the Great Outdoors on the Epic while docked in port. A bird took some scrambled eggs and spit it out! So bad a scavenger won't eat it.

I agree with you. I cannot understand how this is an upcharge restaurant. There is much better food at the buffet. When La Cucina was $10 it was ok and worth it for the atmosphere. I have tried it a few times and its hospital cafeteria style food IMHO. They looked at us like we were crazy when we told the staff at Taste that their gnocci was so much better than La Cucina. It blows my mind when I read people rave about the food there. That is MDR quality period.

I would say that I never had a "bad" meal ever on any NCL ship though. The pizza place on Epic had miserable pizza but I still ate it.

1. Steak from Cagneys on the Epic (2 of the worst steaks I've ever been served...I very, very rarely send something back but I had to bc the first steak was inedible. Second one was only slightly better and still couldn't eat it)

2. Hamburger from the buffet on Getaway (although we liked the buffet hamburgers on the Epic)

3. Buffet scrambled eggs

BTW: We love Modernos. Food is definitely subjective :)

O'Sheehans! Always the worst on every NCL ship!
What bothers me about this is ........we like having a "free" place to grab a bite. This is the only place on Breakaway. I really hope it's not as bad as some are saying. Our cruise is almost a year away so maybe things will change.