Best dessert

oceanal

The coconut cake at Al Bacio on our 2015 Silhouette fall TA was to die for. On the Reflection fall TA 2016 it was disappointing. The layer cakes all tasted 'wet' on that cruise, like the layers had been drizzled with sugar water to keep them moist.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is the Creme Brulee served in the MDR or one of the Specialty restaurants?
I have had it in the MDR and in Blu. And it is on the "Always Available" part of the menu so you can have it every night if you want!

Funny but have not noticed if it is on the menu in the specialty restaurants or not. Probably because I usually had my eye on something I can't get on the other nights!

Next is this chocolate dessert in Luminae.
Oh holy WOW! Have not had the pleasure of dining in Luminae! What is that amazing looking dessert!

I absolutely LOVE the Crepe Ballon Rouge in Murano. It's a crepe covering vanilla ice cream, covered with sauteed strawberries in balsamic.

I'm drooling thinking about it!

Ditto! Hard to beat that one.

The everyday chocolate cake in Blu is great - it's got a ganache frosting and the filling is --- well, just book AQ and get it!

The tombstone dessert in Qsine

Panna Cotta in Tuscan Grill

The sugar free/fat free tropical flavored sorbets. The buffet usually has one. Passionfruit is wonderful.

Everyone always says creme brûlée but it's kind of done everywhere and it's not that special to me.

Chocolate mint gelato.

Bread pudding in the buffet and which is the "secret" dessert at Qsine - mmmmm.

Mmmmm my favorite topic....dessert. I am an expert lol. I would say:

1. The Grand Marnier Souffle in Murano, with the Chocolate souffle a close second

2. Creme Brulee anywhere on the ship, but the very BEST is in Tuscan Grille because of the layer of decadent chocolate ganache on the bottom, and raspberry sauce mixed through it.

3. Cherries Jubilee, I always ask for a double serving.

4. Almost anything else.

This will make me sound like a five year old, but....I love to stop by the ice cream area of the Oceanview, and get a little dish of jelly beans.

I think people either love them or hate them, but I only get them on cruises, so they are a happy association! 😊

The everyday chocolate cake in Blu is great - it's got a ganache frosting and the filling is --- well, just book AQ and get it!

The tombstone dessert in Qsine

Panna Cotta in Tuscan Grill

The sugar free/fat free tropical flavored sorbets. The buffet usually has one. Passionfruit is wonderful.

Everyone always says creme brûlée but it's kind of done everywhere and it's not that special to me.

Chocolate mint gelato.

Bread pudding in the buffet and which is the "secret" dessert at Qsine - mmmmm.

The everyday chocolate cake in Blu is the same as the everyday available chocolate cake in the MDR. It really is excellent.

The peach bread pudding in Aqua Spa Cafe. Unfortunately it is only offered once per cruise. Ask them which day. The mini fruit tarts are also very good.

That peach bread pudding is sounding mighty good. If I'm in a suite will they let me go to Aqua Cafe to get some?

YUM!!!!!

And is there is an ice cream place with candy? Is there a charge there?

Thanks!

That peach bread pudding is sounding mighty good. If I'm in a suite will they let me go to Aqua Cafe to get some?

YUM!!!!!

Thanks!

Ice cream (made on board) 5-6 choices each day in buffet -- free

Sent from my iPad using Forums

YUM!!!!!

Thanks!

Everyone is allowed to eat at the Aqua Cafe. They are open for limited hours. Be sure to check the dailies. The peach bread pudding is good but very simple. Much better than the bread pudding in Qsine (which I found very disappointing).

There is an ice cream counter in the buffet. Several flavors, a few change daily. There is also a self-serve soft serve machine. There are usually bowls of M&Ms there to put on top.

Love the daily crème brulee, something I only have on a cruise.

Also agree with Café Al Bacio coconut cake and their oatmeal cookies.

For anyone who doesn't know, Al Bacio is free for desserts (not drinks) open early morning till nighttime. Great cookies and some good other items, but some cakes are pretty dry.

Variety of ice cream at buffet, with several kinds, free, the best goes quickly.

A few times in warmer weather, we've gotten soft vanilla, and made our own root beer floats!

Is the Creme Brulee served in the MDR or one of the Specialty restaurants?

You may also find the creme brulee in the buffet dessert section. Not every day but often enough. It is real good.

I was given the recipe and made it at home. It came out delicious!