Harmony or oasis

jpolm

Did oasis 4 years ago. Priced a cruise and more for harmony .Is harmony with the extra $$$?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depends how many extra dollars.

The is very little difference apart from slides, wonderland & bionic bar(plus probably a few other things).

Is it worth the cash?...depends what you want...I would go on either

Did oasis 4 years ago. Priced a cruise and more for harmony .Is harmony with the extra $$$?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My DH and I have been on all three of the "sisters". To answer your question, while we were on the Harmony in November we booked our next cruise, yes back to our favorite the Oasis. There were some pros to the HOS ( the cabin layout is better in my opinion, even without the pool in the Solarium, I like the extra level and layout, but I personally detest the Abyss and think it made a negative impact on the neighborhood philosophy. So back to the Oasis we go. For all that extra money there are so many things you could enjoy.

Got off Harmony last month and have been on Oasis twice and other then the cabin layout I prefer Oasis. The price difference could pay for some really nice excursions or jewelry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My spouse and I just returned from the Harmony yesterday and had this conversation many times during the week. I agree.. the cabin layout on the Harmony is much improved and the Abyss is awful.. what a waste and how it ruins part of the Boardwalk. It is a beautiful ship.

I would cruise on any of the three (Oasis, Allure and Harmony) and have not strayed for the past six years but if the cost is that much more I may pass on the Harmony. Hubby said he would choose the Harmony again simply due to the cabin layout ( he loved the two closets). I like cruising from PE versus PC so it is the Allure or Harmony for us.

I am also deciding between Harmony and Oasis. We have two boys 12 and 14 and I don't see any water slides on any pictures or videos. Does Oasis have any waterslides? Which one would be better with kids? About $500.00 difference.

Thank you

I am also deciding between Harmony and Oasis. We have two boys 12 and 14 and I don't see any water slides on any pictures or videos. Does Oasis have any waterslides? Which one would be better with kids? About $500.00 difference.

Thank you

No waterslides on Oasis.

Thank you

I've done oasis so in my opinion they are both excellent choices for kids. Whether one is better than the other read above. Not much difference except slides. By far one of my kids (teens especially) favorite trip. There's a ton to do! And they were 13 and 10 and 5 at the time. Now thry will be 17,14, and 9. Stoked!

Thank you I guess the two big differences are the slides (not really $500) value lol and the other thing is Harmony has the Royal IQ app. We will need that for sure otherwise will have to purchase internet for the communication with kids when they go on their own around the ship. How about the shows would there be some special show on Harmony not to miss? Also does Oasis play outdoor movies. The boys loved doing that in the evenings. Thank you all for help.

Thank you I guess the two big differences are the slides (not really $500) value lol and the other thing is Harmony has the Royal IQ app. We will need that for sure otherwise will have to purchase internet for the communication with kids when they go on their own around the ship. How about the shows would there be some special show on Harmony not to miss? Also does Oasis play outdoor movies. The boys loved doing that in the evenings. Thank you all for help.

The Broadway show on Harmony is Grease, on Oasis it's CATS. Both ships play movies on the Aquatheater screens.

Yes they are pretty much same with lots of shows, entertainment,etc shows maybe different from ship to ship As in what above poster said. Butvthey offer most the same in entertainmrnt. I believe they both have the flowrider, zip line etc

My wife and I just had this same discussion. For a November cruise, the Harmony is $500 more than Oasis. I did not want to pay more for basically the same ship.

Her pros for Harmony:

Newer ship

Some new restaurants to try

Prefers Grease over Cats for musical

I'm not sure that is worth $500, but to her it is.

If you are Diamond or higher I believe Oasis has Diamond Lounge in the nicer former Suite Lounge with views above the Boardwalk. I believe on Harmony it is on a lower deck with no outside views. Someone please correct this if wrong

My DH and I have been on all three of the "sisters". To answer your question, while we were on the Harmony in November we booked our next cruise, yes back to our favorite the Oasis. There were some pros to the HOS ( the cabin layout is better in my opinion, even without the pool in the Solarium, I like the extra level and layout, but I personally detest the Abyss and think it made a negative impact on the neighborhood philosophy. So back to the Oasis we go. For all that extra money there are so many things you could enjoy.

What is the Abyss?

The Abyss is the 10 (?) story dry slide on the Harmony. I think I remember the diamond lounge being inside.

Both are awesome ships.. just depends on which port you want to sail out of and the extra $$$. Oh, the Harmony does have a bunch of hand washing stations before entry into the buffet and solarium. I saw them in other areas too. Again, not a deal breaker.