Sabor - Something wrong????

So I seem to notice that when ever anyone mentions "specialty" dining they often mention Chops or Giovanni's etc...but I never hear anyone mention Sabor among those listed...Is there something wrong with Sabor? Does anyone eat there? Is it not considered one of the specialty restaurant's? We booked Sabor for no other reason then that we didn't seem to find much "spice" or specifically Mexican food on the MDR menu....but now I am second guessing myself.....anyone actually eat there and if so did you like Sabor? LOL...

Thanks in advance....

We tried Sabor on Navigator - we found it fantastic. But it was not as well attended, which for us meant more personalized service!

I am not sure why it is not getting much traction - but our experience was on par with or even better than Chops.

We had a complimentary lunch at Sabor last week on Oasis and we enjoyed it so much that we went back a second time for dinner. The guacamole was excellent and we really enjoyed the red snapper ceviche. It is not the "typical" tex-mex food that you find in most Mexican restaurants in the US but more like what you would get at a restaurant in Mexico.

And I forgot to mention the sangria. Loved it!

Sherri

Ate in Sabor On Allure. Had Diarrhea that night. Had a meal there with one of our traveling companions.

Out of eight people traveling together had all our meals together. And the only two who got the runs were the two of us that are a Sabor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We tried Sabor on Navigator - we found it fantastic. But it was not as well attended, which for us meant more personalized service!

I am not sure why it is not getting much traction - but our experience was on par with or even better than Chops.

The guacamole is really good. I don't generally like guac, but Sabor's was excellent. Some of the dishes with cheese are a bit too greasy for me, and did give me indigestion. However, it would not stop me from going back. I just know what not to order.

On Freedom, it was not a la carte. They did a dessert tray that was amazing.

Everything we had in Sabor was very tasty, and I would definitely go back.

Ate at Sabor last week on the Navigator as a change from the "usual" Chops.

It was a disappointment! The restaurant was nearly empty (formal night) and yet the service was terrible. The food was okay in terms of taste (a lot of rich flavors if that's your kind of thing!). Some unique flavors as well (I.e. The shrimp main course).

Unfortunately our dinner didn't sit all that well for the next several hours. None of us were actually sick but we had killer heartburn and felt a little off for the rest of the night.

I'm glad we tried it, but I wouldn't return.

Anyone remember the days you could pay to attend the fiesta in Sabor? You could also buy a wristband for five drinks at the fiesta. Lots of fun! Wonder why they quit having these?

I recall the fiesta party being at Rita's on the Allure - not Sabor. Different menu! :) I think they're going for a different "vibe" with Sabor!

Anyone remember the days you could pay to attend the fiesta in Sabor? You could also buy a wristband for five drinks at the fiesta. Lots of fun! Wonder why they quit having these?

I don't recall there ever being a fiesta at Sabor. They used to have one at the old Rita's Cantina.