Do you still get excited as your cruise nears?

masterty

DW and I are getting ready to take our 3rd Princess cruise in a couple of weeks. This will be our 8th cruise in total spanning 20 years. DW seems no where near as excited as I am. I may be overreacting but I am beginning to notice her eyes scanning the ceiling when I mention anything about our cruise. I do not understand how she remains so calm. I tell her dreaming is just a form of planning. It is, isn't it?

Is cruising for you still as exciting the 20th time as it was the first time?

Yes, especially as:

a) this is a relatively late booking( for us)

b) it's the first time that we have sailed on Princess.

c) We are also sailing from Southampton, which means that we won't be restricted by weight, so packing will be so much easier- no weighing cases etc.

DW and I are getting ready to take our 3rd Princess cruise in a couple of weeks. This will be our 8th cruise in total spanning 20 years. DW seems no where near as excited as I am. I may be overreacting but I am beginning to notice her eyes scanning the ceiling when I mention anything about our cruise. I do not understand how she remains so calm. I tell her dreaming is just a form of planning. It is, isn't it?

Is cruising for you still as exciting the 20th time as it was the first time?

With 289 days to go for my next cruise, I'd have to answer yes for me..:D... My DW seems to be about the same as yours. I have even starting watching the sail aways outta Port Everglades again :p

You betcha!!! Knowing that I am counting down to my next Princess adventure makes my day, every day.

Love getting involved in the planning and arranging, and participating in the roll call with my fellow adventurers.

I printed my luggage tags the first day they were available, and I counted down the days till then. I have a packing list finished on my iPhone. I look at my Personalizer a couple of times a week, like it's going to change. I watch sailaways and read reviews, even for other ships and cruise lines. On the other hand, DH probably couldn't tell you the name of the ship or our sailing date, which isn't till March 28.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes! Our 21st Princess cruise is 33 days away, and we're just as excited as we were for our first cruise. This was a late booking at a time when we didn't think we'd be able to get away so it's even sweeter plus my cousin and her dh are joining us once again.

We always print our boarding pass as soon as it's available, and seeing those passes on the refrigerator makes us very happy! Hawaii here we come.

I was 8 years old the first time I cruised and it was magical, to say the least. Booking, preparing and packing for the cruise still gives me the greatest thrill, but stepping on board the ship always gives me those giddy childhood feelings of "WOW, this is neato!" LOL I just love it. ONly 9 days until my next cruise and I am about to burst with excitement!

Our next cruise was suggested by my DW. For some reason she isn't nearly as excited now that it is booked as I am. I was hesitant for our next one due to its length, getting time off from work, logistical concerns, but once I bit, I was once again hooked. I guess it has a lot to do with what is going on in life right now, not necessarily what will be happening in our future.

I just completed my 19th cruise. I was so, so excited. I lov d planning and researching. I loved vet trying a new ship and a couple of new ports. I'm excited even when I go on a ship I've been on with ports I have been to. I think I would be excited if it were my 100th cruise.