Anthem questions

FrannyK

My DH likes to enjoy a cigar while on vacation, wondering where on board he can partake of this?

Also wondering if the walls in the cabins are magnetic? I've heard on the larger ships they are not.

Is the Solarium Bistro open for lunch on embarkation day?

Solarium Bistro, as well as Two70 and Windjammer.

Here is link to Anthem Day 1 cruise planner

Link to the entire Anthem review

Do not know much about smoking. Likely to be only the pool deck Port side. But not sure.

http://Http://mogenshallas.com cruise reviews

from my iPad using Forums

Edited by hallasm
Spelling

My DH likes to enjoy a cigar while on vacation, wondering where on board he can partake of this?

There is a "smoking pod" which is referred to unofficially as"the bus stop" on Deck 5 starboard

Also wondering if the walls in the cabins are magnetic? I've heard on the larger ships they are not.

What you *heard* is incorrect. :)

Is the Solarium Bistro open for lunch on embarkation day?

Yes.

Thanks to all. Still, LOL, have more Anthem questions:

Are there still blow dryers in the cabin? Where are they located and are they decent? Also, are there USB ports in the cabin?

The Kennedy Space Center excursion: If we wait to book the day before is there a possibility it would be sold out? Have been having some health problems and want to make sure I will be OK to go.

Thanks to all. Still, LOL, have more Anthem questions:

Are there still blow dryers in the cabin? Where are they located and are they decent? Also, are there USB ports in the cabin?

The Kennedy Space Center excursion: If we wait to book the day before is there a possibility it would be sold out? Have been having some health problems and want to make sure I will be OK to go.

There are two USB ports next to the plug at the desk. There's also an additional plug next to the bed, but that's in a Balcony room. I suspect interiors and such are the same setup. Not sure where the plugs are in suites, but i suspect its close to the same if not more.

There are two USB ports next to the plug at the desk. There's also an additional plug next to the bed, but that's in a Balcony room. I suspect interiors and such are the same setup. Not sure where the plugs are in suites, but i suspect its close to the same if not more.

Perfect. We have a balcony room.

In our D1 on Anthem, the hair dryer was in a drawer, at the seating area, outside of the bathroom. I've read that some bathroom outlets are not set up for hair dryers due to the current they require. Best to use the outlet near the seating area.

My wife didn't complain about the hair dryer, so it should be fine. I don't believe you are allowed to bring your own.

To be safe, perhaps you could book KSC now, and cancel it within the time frame allowed, if necessary. I don't recall how long before the excursion you have to cancel in order to get a refund (1 or 2 days?). We are going back to the KSC for the second time in April. Royal does offer an excursion there.

In our D1 on Anthem' date=' the hair dryer was in a drawer, at the seating area, outside of the bathroom. I've read that some bathroom outlets are not set up for hair dryers due to the current they require. Best to use the outlet near the seating area.

My wife didn't complain about the hair dryer, so it should be fine. I don't believe you are allowed to bring your own.

To be safe, perhaps you could book KSC now, and cancel it within the time frame allowed, if necessary. I don't recall how long before the excursion you have to cancel in order to get a refund (1 or 2 days?). We are going back to the KSC for the second time in April. Royal does offer an excursion there.[/quote']

The outlet in the bathroom is absolutely only for electric shavers, and is labeled as such. Do NOT try to plug anything else into that.

You are, in fact, allowed to bring your own hair dryer.

The hair dryer is in a drawer in the "bureau" unit. The vanity seating does not have a drawer. It is a table that can pull out to be closer to the sofa, if desired.

Great thread....I have some questions too. :-)

Are the trapeze classes for adults or just kids?

What is an RFID bracelet?

What dining room is for my time ding with reservations?

What is Divinely Decadence?

Where do you get the specialty coffees that are part of the deluxe beverage package?

Is there a lazy river? If so, is it just for kids?

Do they have laundry rooms where you can do your own laundry?

Thanks in advance!!

One more question.....I noticed that Princess cruise lines has the option to have dinner served to you on your balcony. Does Royal (specifically Anthem) do that too?

Also, does anyone have answers to these questions from above?

Are the trapeze classes for adults or just kids?

What is an RFID bracelet?

What dining room is for my time ding with reservations?

What is Divinely Decadence?

Where do you get the specialty coffees that are part of the deluxe beverage package?

Is there a lazy river? If so, is it just for kids?

One more question.....I noticed that Princess cruise lines has the option to have dinner served to you on your balcony. Does Royal (specifically Anthem) do that too?...

Only if you are in a Grand Suite or better, and it's no extra cost. No option for non-suite guests to pay extra and get this.

One more question.....I noticed that Princess cruise lines has the option to have dinner served to you on your balcony. Does Royal (specifically Anthem) do that too? Yes, if in a suite

Are the trapeze classes for adults or just kids? Both

What is an RFID bracelet? WOW band, acts as your Seapass card in the form of a watch.

What dining room is for my time ding with reservations? The two on Deck 4

What is Divinely Decadence? Former name of Solarium Bistro.

Is there a lazy river? No

See answers above.