Diamond+ Polo Shirts?

nelblu

My favorite was my last LOS cruise in December where a Pinnacle felt it necessary to put his pin on his pool t-shirt. I can understand being proud of your status, and maybe even wearing a pin at the cocktail hour, but I found it a bit odd to wear it 24/7. Wanted to ask if he slept with it on.

To be frank, that's YOUR problem, not the wearer of such items. You have no idea why anyone wears anything- you just ASSume.

I don't get why people feel that they have to judge others so harshly. Or why you even bother caring what others wear or do. Spend so much money and effort to go on vacation, and worry about others? What a waste of time.

I have a "right" to voice how I feel personally....re-read my post "their choice"...just not mine.

If you don't agree or like what my opinion is just change lanes and move on...no need to tail-gate me :rolleyes:

I take it you aren't D+. For me, we just love to cruise and D+ happened along the way. And yes, I'll gladly accept 250 to 375 off my balcony, pictures, drinks, meals, and laundry without a charge. It's nice that we are afforded amenities for doing something we would do anyway.

You obviously missed the point. The poster did not downplay the benefits of being a diamond plus.

I doubt most people would see Diamond Plus on a shirt and automatically start thinking wow this person has "250 to 375 off balcony, pictures, drinks, meals, and laundry without a charge". Most are thinking what does Diamond Plus mean and/or why would someone wear a shirt with the logo and "Diamond Plus" without trying to be pretentious .

Of course, to each their own and what they wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My favorite was my last LOS cruise in December where a Pinnacle felt it necessary to put his pin on his pool t-shirt. I can understand being proud of your status, and maybe even wearing a pin at the cocktail hour, but I found it a bit odd to wear it 24/7. Wanted to ask if he slept with it on.

I can beat that. I saw a Pinnacle headed into the spa on Oasis with the Pinnacle pin on her bathrobe (Crown and Anchor bathrobe, of course).

I have a "right" to voice how I feel personally....re-read my post "their choice"...just not mine.

If you don't agree or like what my opinion is just change lanes and move on...no need to tail-gate me :rolleyes:

Never said you didn't. Just that MY opinion is that you are wasting your effort. Just like all the other judgememtals.

As a person who uses a lanyard, I really don't care what anyone thinks about it. Just like it's a waste of my time worrying about D+ shirts.

I'm getting a 'just gold' shirt made for my next cruise.

Hehehe....me too. No wait a minute, after this cruise I'll make it 'all the way' to Platinum so the shirt wouldn't be wearable anymore. j/k

I have used lanyard for the convenience from the very start of our cruises and I shall continue to use it until they eliminate the use of the sea pass card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

WOW bands 😱

...................when you reach D+ and above RCL will implant a chip in your arm so no need for lanyards.

Bella has one in her back. Doesn't seem to bother her.

b36db82d881933b8efe6c2b96c03bfaa.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I prefer the WOW bands for the convenience IF it works all the time and does not come off the wrist...how about using our right thumb, same as opening your iPhone?👍🤗

How about going one up on Dick Tracy--facial recognition. Instead of pointing the gun/scanner at your sea pass, point at your face. Tier level can be determined by the # tattoos . LOL

By the way, facial recognition is presently being used on the Anthem by the photographers.

• 11 months later...
Sorry...but I find advertising your C&A level ridiculous as well as wearing your gold SeaPass on a lanyard (always making sure it's seen). However for those that this makes them feel special....their choice...I prefer to keep a lower profile

Maybe some people do wear them on lanyards so they can be seen, but I think most people have them on lanyards for the convince.

Actually, I think a lot of people wear lanyards because it's an easy way to keep a card handy. Judging by the number of lost cards we've turned in (at least one per cruise) I'm guessing a lanyard is a pretty good idea. I don't always have a pocket or carry a bag. And do people really scope out the cards on lanyards?

Agreed. This is what we use. We have the clear ones, but started using them before we ever started cruising. I started using one for when I would go snorkling looking for clean up crew for my reef tank. I needed to carry my fishing license (required to have it with you), drivers license (also some form of id is required) and a car or boat key.

I use it on the ship with my seapass card, cash and a drivers license. I just keep the extra stuff in there for when we go into port. When in port it gets dropped inside my shirt. The lanyards are nice, but that won't carry my other stuff. I guess if it's turned in the right direction someone would be able to see the color of the card. We aren't even diamond yet, but will be after our next cruise. I will probably continue to use them forever since I don't always have pockets.

http://www.diversdirect.com/scuba-diving/skinny-dry-case

Maybe some people do wear them on lanyards so they can be seen, but I think most people have them on lanyards for the convince.

Agreed. This is what we use. We have the clear ones, but started using them before we ever started cruising. I started using one for when I would go snorkling looking for clean up crew for my reef tank. I needed to carry my fishing license (required to have it with you), drivers license (also some form of id is required) and a car or boat key.

I use it on the ship with my seapass card, cash and a drivers license. I just keep the extra stuff in there for when we go into port. When in port it gets dropped inside my shirt. The lanyards are nice, but that won't carry my other stuff. I guess if it's turned in the right direction someone would be able to see the color of the card. We aren't even diamond yet, but will be after our next cruise. I will probably continue to use them forever since I don't always have pockets.

http://www.diversdirect.com/scuba-diving/skinny-dry-case

You’re replying to posts that are over a year old.