Chance Of Changing Dinner Seating?

Luvtoeat

Found a great cruise but only 2nd seating currently available. We have chosen anytime dining for our last 10 cruises so have not needed to try and get dinner seating time changed. Even first seating not available at this time. Cruise is still 7 months away. Would greatly appreciate any feedback from people that have tried to get seating time changed and if you had any luck.

We have been allowed to change dining times on our last 3 cruises once on board. On all 3 we were told it could not be done pre cruise. Go see the Host/Hostess as soon as you board. Should not be an issue.

That's possible but not guaranteed. Best to get yourselves waitlisted for your preference then you most likely will get your preference before boarding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What we have found that lately we have been assigned select when we book early and are moved to our traditional seating closer to the date. Too we always stop by to check with the maître d on embarkation day to check that we have been assigned the table size we requested. Haven't been disappointed yet.

I've found by and large that cruise ships are the land of YES. If they can accommodate a reasonable request, they bend over backwards to do so. They want you to be happy. I second the thoughts/suggestion of previous poster that you go to the MDR upon embarkation to speak with the maître d. Additionally check periodically as your cruise gets closer to have your preferred seating time changed, or ask your TA to do so if you booked with one.

Thanks to all that responded. I knew that requesting to be waitlisted or trying to change it after boarding were the only options but was not sure how much these really work. The crazy thing is that about 2 weeks later the same sailing only has any time dining as the only available option at this time. I really prefer the first sailing as it leaves on my birthday and the other sailing is $200.00 more. I wonder if the dining selections opens up as some people decide to cancel before final payment.

All you have to do is have Celebrity or your TA "Waitlist" early dining if that is what you want & usually you will get it before the cruise starts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been "Wait listed" for our last 6 cruises, we've always gotten our preferred early seating. They have doing that for some time and I can't figure out why they do it.

J.

Thanks to all that responded. I knew that requesting to be waitlisted or trying to change it after boarding were the only options but was not sure how much these really work. The crazy thing is that about 2 weeks later the same sailing only has any time dining as the only available option at this time. I really prefer the first sailing as it leaves on my birthday and the other sailing is $200.00 more. I wonder if the dining selections opens up as some people decide to cancel before final payment.

a TA who is a very close friend has told me that one should either have their TA keep checking for availability or, if booked directly, call the cruise line every 3rd day or so to see if the option you are looking for opens up. This method has worked for me and my friends in the past. Apparently the cruise lines will open up one or two options at a time to try to balance the reservations.

Steve

We just booked a last minute cruise. Only dining time available was 8:30 and we could not waitlist online. I called the captains club to be added to the waitlist for select dining.... and Lo and behold...was told we could get select dining! Never hurts to call and ask nicely. She also moved our cabins for us so. So very helpful

Sent from my iPad using Forums

a TA who is a very close friend has told me that one should either have their TA keep checking for availability or, if booked directly, call the cruise line every 3rd day or so to see if the option you are looking for opens up. This method has worked for me and my friends in the past. Apparently the cruise lines will open up one or two options at a time to try to balance the reservations.

Steve

Interesting. This would explain my own experience of being told I had to be waitlisted for select dining then noting a couple of days later that this was the only dining option available...