mobile passport terminal 29 FLL

mo&fran

Just returned to terminal 29 on FOS. Used to new mobile passport for clearing customs, and worked really well.we were B2B and i saw the signs on the first cruise. on tunaround day i downloaded to program on the iphone. then i scanned my passport and my wife's passport to load that info, plus used the phone to take our pictures. At the end of the cruise, loaded in the port info from a drop down, answered a few questions, hit submit and headed for customs. no one in line, and it is free. they say you have 4 hours after submitting, then i guess you have to do it again.

There is also a global entry line in this terminal.

Just returned to terminal 29 on FOS. Used to new mobile passport for clearing customs, and worked really well.we were B2B and i saw the signs on the first cruise. on tunaround day i downloaded to program on the iphone. then i scanned my passport and my wife's passport to load that info, plus used the phone to take our pictures. At the end of the cruise, loaded in the port info from a drop down, answered a few questions, hit submit and headed for customs. no one in line, and it is free. they say you have 4 hours after submitting, then i guess you have to do it again.

There is also a global entry line in this terminal.

We used it in Fort Lauderdale off Harmony in terminal 18 - worked perfectly

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Worked great for us from Terminal 18 on Allure two weeks ago. We were 15 minutes from Deck 17 to cab to airport (used Luggage Valet).

Hi,

Will be sailing on the Allure in April and are interested in doing the mobile passport and also Luggage Valet Service and getting taxi to airport.

Did you have to get your luggage in the terminal and take it through customs with you or once you put it outside your stateroom you did not have to touch your luggage until you got to your home airport destination?

thanks,

Paula

Once you put it out you never see it again until you land and go to the luggage carousel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for this information.

I was hoping that was how it worked. :):)

Thanks Bob. As usual, you come through. Your posts are always so very positive and comments/answers are spot on. It was great meeting you a few weeks ago on Brilliance. I'm so happy that I was able to thank you in person.

This info and link is great to know especially since we're cruising out of Port Everglades in 2 weeks.

Thanks Bob. As usual, you come through. Your posts are always so very positive and comments/answers are spot on. It was great meeting you a few weeks ago on Brilliance. I'm so happy that I was able to thank you in person.

This info and link is great to know especially since we're cruising out of Port Everglades in 2 weeks.

Thank-you for the kind words.:)

I'll be returning to terminal 29 in three weeks. I have Global Entry, and I have an iPhone, so I can certainly use Mobile Passport.

Can they work together, or is it one or the other?

If it's either/or, which is the preferred way to go through customs/immigration?

I'll be returning to terminal 29 in three weeks. I have Global Entry, and I have an iPhone, so I can certainly use Mobile Passport.

Can they work together, or is it one or the other?

If it's either/or, which is the preferred way to go through customs/immigration?

One or the other. We were prepared to use either one in November and simply picked the shorter/quicker line, which turned out to be for Mobile Passport. I've read that they have merged the two together in a single line for some disembarkations.

Hi,

Will be sailing on the Allure in April and are interested in doing the mobile passport and also Luggage Valet Service and getting taxi to airport.

Did you have to get your luggage in the terminal and take it through customs with you or once you put it outside your stateroom you did not have to touch your luggage until you got to your home airport destination?

thanks,

Paula

If you are flying SouthWest your flight must be between 11:30 and 6:00 in order to use the luggage valet at $25.00 per person. WELL WORTH IT. You put your luggage outside your room the last night and you don't see or touch it until you arrive at your home destination. We use it all the time - it has worked perfectly every time. You don't have to worry about the weight either.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

As I understand it, there's no reason not to download the app now.

The only time-related restriction is that you must submit your information for entry back into the US no earlier than 4 hours before arriving at the customs/immigration officer.

We noticed when coming back this past December that the mobile passport line was actually moving noticeably slower than the normal customs line. I think it was because people were having trouble getting the scanner to scan, so that might not be the norm, but I have read other reports from people with similar experiences. My suggestion would be to have both options ready and pick the one that appears to be moving faster.

When would the best time to download the APP before leaving and when we come back

I would download the app before you leave. That is because you can input all required personal info with pictures ahead of time and all you'll need to do is input declared items at the end of your cruise.

• 1 month later...