Your Time Dining

artbird3

With your time dining do you sit at a table by yourself or do you sit at a table with other people. The first cruise me and my boyfriend went on we did early dining, but he did not like sitting with the same people every night. He wants to eat dinner with new people and socialize every night. I know he does not want a table for two, so I am not sure if we should do your time dining or not. Can you request to sit with other people with your time dining?

Your choice, you can fill a table with others, or ask for a table by yourselves. You can also request the same table + wait staff each nite. We recently did this on a 15 day cruise + got the same table each nite. We REALLY like YTD!

You can request to be seated with others or at a table for two. The dining room management team will also try very hard to accommodate your request for a specific table size/shape as well.

Just be aware: I like to dine at a round table for six in the 8:00-8:20 time frame. On Carnival Liberty, 2 of my 3 nights found me at such a size/shape table by myself. It seemed few dined that late or, if they did, they requested a table for 2. (The Assistant DRMs were as apologetic as they could be for this situation. It was not their fault because I know they tried to get others to join me. I assured them that I was OK with what happened--no blame on them.)

Dining earlier than I did would probably help insure that your friend and you will have dining companions.

With your time dining do you sit at a table by yourself or do you sit at a table with other people. The first cruise me and my boyfriend went on we did early dining, but he did not like sitting with the same people every night. He wants to eat dinner with new people and socialize every night. I know he does not want a table for two, so I am not sure if we should do your time dining or not. Can you request to sit with other people with your time dining?

When you go, just request a table with others. :) We usually do a couple nights of each.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most tables for two are so close together that you are basically sitting with other people.

This is quite true (I've included a photo below showing just how close the two-top table are to one another) but we've found that often the diners at the next table were not all that interested in socializing, which we entirely understand. As mentioned, the MDR staff will do their best to accommodate your desires and seat you at different tables on different nights with other diners.

100_2224.jpg

We kind of prefer getting a larger table for more conversation. It's more fun to meet new people. When you go to the MDR, they will ask your preference. The only problem with getting a larger table is that they sometimes don't take your orders until the whole table is filled.

We kind of prefer getting a larger table for more conversation. It's more fun to meet new people. When you go to the MDR, they will ask your preference. The only problem with getting a larger table is that they sometimes don't take your orders until the whole table is filled.

We were at an 8-top one night and our servers, having taken care of us all week, suggested that the could bring us a cheese plate while we waited. Soon another couple arrived and they ordered a fruit plate. We didn't have a long wait to fill the table, but it was a nice gesture from the wait staff.