I forget, can we take any bottled water or soda on board?

• 2 weeks later...

I keep reading that lots of people have the water delivered to the cabin...We only need 2 or 3 bottles of water....should we pack it to be delivered or should we keep with us and show it to the security? I don't want our luggage in the naughty room :D

I keep reading that lots of people have the water delivered to the cabin...We only need 2 or 3 bottles of water....should we pack it to be delivered or should we keep with us and show it to the security? I don't want our luggage in the naughty room :D

Keep it with you if you don't want your bags delayed by security.

Those that drop off those grocery store plastic wrapped cases of water and "slap a tag on it"

to the porters are forgetting how difficult it is for the porters and crew members to handle. They

are bulky, and the same reason the pax don't like to drag them around before cabins open.

I have heard of many instances where the porters refuse them.

What is so hard about filling up a cloth tote bag, that has a handle on it, with the water

and put a luggage tag on it? Makes it much easier to handle for all concerned. Mine always

makes it to my cabin intact. Then I just fold up and put the empty cloth tote in my suitcases on the last day.

Those that drop off those grocery store plastic wrapped cases of water and "slap a tag on it"

to the porters are forgetting how difficult it is for the porters and crew members to handle. They

are bulky, and the same reason the pax don't like to drag them around before cabins open.

I have heard of many instances where the porters refuse them.

What is so hard about filling up a cloth tote bag, that has a handle on it, with the water

and put a luggage tag on it? Makes it much easier to handle for all concerned. Mine always

makes it to my cabin intact. Then I just fold up and put the empty cloth tote in my suitcases on the last day.

Can you upload a picture of the tote you are referring too? I can't picture one.

Thanks.

Use one of those reusable shopping bags, like grocery stores sell...or a canvas tote...or a small gym bag....anything with handles will do.

But, a refillable bottle weighs nothing empty, and it will not be confiscated or cause luggage to go to the "naughty" room.

Can you upload a picture of the tote you are referring too? I can't picture one.

Thanks.

No, not capable (I am still in the dinosaur age ;p) of uploading photos...sorry.

But I will give you a mental picture. It's just a cloth duffel bag with handles.

Think Gym clothes. ;)

Use one of those reusable shopping bags, like grocery stores sell...or a canvas tote...or a small gym bag....anything with handles will do.

But, a refillable bottle weighs nothing empty, and it will not be confiscated or cause luggage to go to the "naughty" room.

Yup, exactly. Though I prefer to have a bag that closes with a zipper...not fond of open

top bags...water bottles have tendency to roll out of any opening they can

find. ;)

I always use that one separate bag for the water bottles, and will most times fill

it up wind breakers/rain jackets, etc. for padding. Then if the bag should go down

to the naughty room (which mine never has for years now) I won't stress, since

my clothes are not in it...and pick it up when there is no line down there.

I don't mind the ship's water, and will most times refill my water bottles when I run

out...but I still prefer my Dasani.

We tried dropping a tagged case of water off with our luggage in Port Canaveral in November and were told by the porter that they no longer accepted them. So we then parked the car, broke up the case and each person carried on some bottles, no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We tried dropping a tagged case of water off with our luggage in Port Canaveral in November and were told by the porter that they no longer accepted them. So we then parked the car, broke up the case and each person carried on some bottles, no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My point exactly...thank you!! :)