No Show Questions Please.

Ashland

Understand keeping silent on cabin that went from 3 to 1, but not on cabin that went from 3 to 2. That shouldn't have triggered a reprice. Was under impression you could drop 3rd person pretty late and still get refund.

True, but some of the discussion here is going from two to solo.

cb at sea is completely correct. Do NOT tell them ahead of time as long as you are ok with the money concerned.

I had a situation in May where due to airline problems, my roommate who is my daughter was not able to make our cruise on the Enchantment.

Upon checkin I told the desk that she would not be coming.

They had their money, they couldn't have cared less. I kept my room with no penalties.

Later, she did receive her drink package and port fees refund.

I apologize for my confusion but I am still unclear when to advise RCL that my husband will not be joining me..at the check-in desk at the pier or guest services on the ship? After all I have read on CC I thought I did this at the pier check in but now others are saying do it at Guest Services. If the best option is to advise guest services, what do I say to the pier check in agent when he is listed on the set sail pass but not with me at the pier?

I apologize for my confusion but I am still unclear when to advise RCL that my husband will not be joining me..at the check-in desk at the pier or guest services on the ship? After all I have read on CC I thought I did this at the pier check in but now others are saying do it at Guest Services. If the best option is to advise guest services, what do I say to the pier check in agent when he is listed on the set sail pass but not with me at the pier?

Don't advise them at all. Make a new SetSail pass with only your name.

I wouldn't offer any information and if they ask "Where is the other person on this reservation" I would answer "Oh, they haven't boarded? We aren't traveling to the port together."

I wouldn't offer any information and if they ask "Where is the other person on this reservation" I would answer "Oh, they haven't boarded? We aren't traveling to the port together."

I have made some booking where it says minimum 2 pax on some other cruise line. When I check in at the port the staff said there is just the one of you. I said yes and he check me in. I believe you have to check in together for the same reservation. So I believe if you said others are travelling and boarding later the staff will tell you to check in later together.

To Bob's point about online check in just for yourself there is a danger it may trigger a re-pricing. I have done online check in for 2 persons and show up just by myself at the port.

... To Bob's point about online check in just for yourself there is a danger it may trigger a re-pricing. I have done online check in for 2 persons and show up just by myself at the port.

Nothing you do in the online check-in should trigger a re-pricing. People check-in separately all the time.

I have made some booking where it says minimum 2 pax on some other cruise line. When I check in at the port the staff said there is just the one of you. I said yes and he check me in. I believe you have to check in together for the same reservation. So I believe if you said others are travelling and boarding later the staff will tell you to check in later together.

To Bob's point about online check in just for yourself there is a danger it may trigger a re-pricing. I have done online check in for 2 persons and show up just by myself at the port.

Well you may believe that but I don't. Nothing in any cruise contract says all passengers in the same stateroom have to check in together.

I completed the online checkin and then freaked out when it said all guests listed on the set sail pass need to be present for checkin, but checked and only my name is on it so if the ask me I will explain how "his flight is delayed"

I completed the online checkin and then freaked out when it said all guests listed on the set sail pass need to be present for checkin, but checked and only my name is on it so if the ask me I will explain how "his flight is delayed"

Yes they want to takes the photos of all pax at port check in. On other lines where photo is not required they want the passport or ID of all pax at the port check in. The staff will ask if you are the only one going on the ship. If you said yes they will just go ahead and check you in.

Yes they want to takes the photos of all pax at port check in. On other lines where photo is not required they want the passport or ID of all pax at the port check in. The staff will ask if you are the only one going on the ship. If you said yes they will just go ahead and check you in.

We are not discussing OTHER LINES.

This is the Royal Caribbean forum, and the advice given is about Royal Caribbean cruises, and this advice is correct for Royal Caribbean cruises.

Just an update since I'm the OP.....Out of our total of four cabins booked on Harmony....one of our triples went to double and one of our triples went to a single...price wasn't a concern (we actually had great pricing since I booked when the schedule opened for HOTS well over a year in advance)...keeping all of our four cabins next to each other and two of them connecting was what was important.

It worked out easy... We even went to guest services once onboard to switch occupancy names...new SeaPass cards issued.... No one at check in or onboard asked or cared who didn't show up...Port taxes and fees were returned to my credit card approx one week after returning from our cruise.

Just an update since I'm the OP.....Out of our total of four cabins booked on Harmony....one of our triples went to double and one of our triples went to a single...price wasn't a concern (we actually had great pricing since I booked when the schedule opened for HOTS well over a year in advance)...keeping all of our four cabins next to each other and two of them connecting was what was important.

It worked out easy... We even went to guest services once onboard to switch occupancy names...new SeaPass cards issued.... No one at check in or onboard asked or cared who didn't show up...Port taxes and fees were returned to my credit card approx one week after returning from our cruise.

Sounds wonderful. :)

So did you not have to pay any extra supplements and you were ok to board with the no shows etc.

Correct, there are no extra supplements and it's perfectly OK to board with no shows.

Ok perfect thank you as I board in 8 weeks and the person I am going with is messing me about the holiday is paid for as it was a gift but I have a feeling they are going to back out but I would still like to go if possible as friends of mine are on that cruise

So did you not have to pay any extra supplements and you were ok to board with the no shows etc.

Isn't that what she was saying? That there were no issues?

If you've seen this on Royal...change the payment for onboard charges. If you accept the onboard payneny responsibility it puts people onto the same checkin. So if I say I'm responsible for DH then we are in the same setsail pass. If I don't then we aren't.

Isn't that what she was saying? That there were no issues?

If you've seen this on Royal...change the payment for onboard charges. If you accept the onboard payneny responsibility it puts people onto the same checkin. So if I say I'm responsible for DH then we are in the same setsail pass. If I don't then we aren't.

So if I check everyone in separately and my name is the only one on my sea pass I should be able to board and not worry about the no snow

Sorry Bob another question does it matter that it was a guaranteed cabin when I booked will that affect my ability to board if my room mate doesn't show do you

Know

Guarantee would have no effect.