Eurodam/Zuiderdam (PE) and Nieuw Amsterdam/Oosterdam (KW) Sail-Aways - Feb 25, 2017

Boytjie

Correct; I've never seen dedicated fire boats in PEV. Most, if not all, of the harbor tugs there are equipped with large stream water cannons.

There are some dedicated fire boats that belong to local fire departments and/or port authorities like LAFD, FDNY, Toronto, San Fran, etc. but those that don't have them use tugs with water cannons for ship bourne firefighting

There is a fire boat, but the tugs would do the heavy pumping.

http://www.fortlauderdale.gov/departments/fire-rescue/about-fire-rescue/marine-team

I'm going to open a concession that gives rides to the port and supplies Canadian flags. I shall call it "Uber-eh."

You'll be uht and abuht before you know it ;)

Hey those skyscrapers in the distance along the coast line in the south, is that Miami or Hollywood?

Hey those skyscrapers in the distance along the coast line in the south, is that Miami or Hollywood?

Miami Beach sticks out to the left pretty far down. I can see it, but I am up higher than the webcam. Hollywood is closest, but they don't have many tall buildings. My guess is that you see Sunny Isles Beach. I'll try to find a decent picture. It's a bit hazy today.

Those should be Hollywood. I took the Water Taxi on a sight-seeing tour on my 4-day layover in FLL between my cruises on NA and the King. I think the proximity of Hollywood would block any view of the Miami skyline and Hollywood has a lot of highrises along the ICW.

Looks like lines are being dropped in Key West.

OK, maybe not... I thought I saw something dangling at the bow.

I agree; maybe not is correct. I thought I saw a line coming in and there has been an Officer out on the Diving Board off and on for several minutes.

After being in France this past summer, I wonder about their thought processes. They call strikes and then they negotiate. Most strikes don't apply to weekends - because that's when they are off work. :rolleyes:

Italy does that too ;). Their one day strikes are notorious ;)

Correct; I've never seen dedicated fire boats in PEV. Most, if not all, of the harbor tugs there are equipped with large stream water cannons.

There are some dedicated fire boats that belong to local fire departments and/or port authorities like LAFD, FDNY, Toronto, San Fran, etc. but those that don't have them use tugs with water cannons for ship bourne firefighting

My bad :o In big ports that have a U.S. Coast Guard station, i.e. FLL/PEV, Miami, New York, L.A., San Fran, San Diego, etc., the Coasties fight fires from their boats also. That's in addition to the dedicated fire boats and port authority tugs

Those should be Hollywood. I took the Water Taxi on a sight-seeing tour on my 4-day layover in FLL between my cruises on NA and the King. I think the proximity of Hollywood would block any view of the Miami skyline and Hollywood has a lot of highrises along the ICW.

Thank you Ma'am

Miami Beach sticks out to the left pretty far down. I can see it, but I am up higher than the webcam. Hollywood is closest, but they don't have many tall buildings. My guess is that you see Sunny Isles Beach. I'll try to find a decent picture. It's a bit hazy today.

Thanks Brian!