USA Boarder Control

As someone who was in and out of the US 3 or 4 times a year before I became a 'legal US resident' I can say sometimes it was smooth getting through immigration and other times it was a PITA with some officious jerk. I've spent my time in the back office getting grilled.

Once becoming 'legal' the difference is amazing. It's 'Welcome Home! Did you have a good trip?'

Someone mentioned San Francisco, it's the same as LAX. Some times they were nice and other times jerks. I think it depends on the day.

I was even happier when I received my Global Entry and can skip the lines altogether.

As someone who was in and out of the US 3 or 4 times a year before I became a 'legal US resident' I can say sometimes it was smooth getting through immigration and other times it was a PITA with some officious jerk. I've spent my time in the back office getting grilled.

Once becoming 'legal' the difference is amazing. It's 'Welcome Home! Did you have a good trip?'

Someone mentioned San Francisco, it's the same as LAX. Some times they were nice and other times jerks. I think it depends on the day.

I was even happier when I received my Global Entry and can skip the lines altogether.

Now that would be good.

I think I may have posted some time ago the trouble one of my friends and his wife had at the Mexico/USA border.

When they fronted up for entry the bright spark wanted to lock them up because their passports didn't show a previous entry and departure from the US.

Bright boy's reasoning was that to get into all the South American countries that their passport showed they must have been through the US. It wasn't until they insisted on seeing someone higher up the ladder, and that person confirmed that you can actually fly from South Africa to South America, that bright boy would let them enter the US instead of locking them up.

Wait until Donald T builds his wall, be even harder to cross the border:halo:

Bright boy's reasoning was that to get into all the South American countries that their passport showed they must have been through the US. It wasn't until they insisted on seeing someone higher up the ladder, and that person confirmed that you can actually fly from South Africa to South America, that bright boy would let them enter the US instead of locking them up.

LOL--laugh now, some day, probably soon, bright boy will be in charge, maybe even in the cabinet :D

I think it may get a little worse now that a new travel directive has been issued. The bullies that "protect" our borders are now feeling quite empowered.

sad state of affairs

ML

I think Donald T should give this 'Global Access' to Aussies, after all we are their best ally together with the UK.:p Even Donald said that to Malcolm T.

We are the only country that has fought along side the US in all the various wars and peace keeping missions. I wonder if that will continue.

We are the only country that has fought along side the US in all the various wars and peace keeping missions. I wonder if that will continue.

Of course, Straya needs the US to protect us from the north, North Korea etc.:hearteyes: We have no long range missiles.:o

I hope not. I hope we are big enough to make our own decisions about what wars, if any, to get involved in.

we have made some bad decisions in the past, like Vietnam, which caused a Government to loose office.

I hope not. I hope we are big enough to make our own decisions about what wars, if any, to get involved in.

we have made some bad decisions in the past, like Vietnam, which caused a Government to loose office.

And don't forget Korea...big losses and a no score draw.

Anyway sailing into Hawaii in August, hoping all goes well. Have our ESTA visa waiver form and passport not due out until 2020.

And don't forget Korea...big losses and a no score draw.

Anyway sailing into Hawaii in August, hoping all goes well. Have our ESTA visa waiver form and passport not due out until 2020.

You should be set, I have found Hawaiian security to be a bit more jovial and relaxed than at LAX .

The Americans do things seriously -- properly??? --unlike we slack easy going Aussies. I was in the Australian Navy - when an American ship is in port in Australia, the Marines on the deck ( guards) are armed, locked and loaded. When our ships are in a foreign port -- we don't even have Guards as such - much less armed ones!!! I was also in the RAAF many years ago - I had to do overnight Guard duty, with foot patrols around the aircraft hangars and controlling the front gate. We carried SLR rifles -- unloaded. The airfield was in effect completely open to anybody with real intent. I'll bet they still are!!!!!

The Americans live in a different world to us!!!

The Americans do things seriously -- properly??? --unlike we slack easy going Aussies. I was in the Australian Navy - when an American ship is in port in Australia, the Marines on the deck ( guards) are armed, locked and loaded. When our ships are in a foreign port -- we don't even have Guards as such - much less armed ones!!! I was also in the RAAF many years ago - I had to do overnight Guard duty, with foot patrols around the aircraft hangars and controlling the front gate. We carried SLR rifles -- unloaded. The airfield was in effect completely open to anybody with real intent. I'll bet they still are!!!!!

The Americans live in a different world to us!!!

They do have much, much, more to be scared of.

They may have all the Missiles (Nukes). But we have all The Uranium. That they need for The Nukes. So friends..Lol:D

t

Of course, Straya needs the US to protect us from the north, North Korea etc.:hearteyes: We have no long range missiles.:o

We have a port stop at Oahu due in at 6 am and have arranged a private tour to collect us at 8.30 am. I am starting to worry that we might not be cleared in that time.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get through now that Mr Trump has tightened his rules.?

We have a port stop at Oahu due in at 6 am and have arranged a private tour to collect us at 8.30 am. I am starting to worry that we might not be cleared in that time.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get through now that Mr Trump has tightened his rules.?

It depends on if they come onto the ship earlier or that morning. I would advise your tour guide that you may be delayed and to wait until your party get off.

Take notice next time you pass through US immigration. A large number of them are themselves immigrants. I guess they are just passing on the Sh*t they themselves received :D

Unfortunately, my Global Entry expired because I didn't take myself back to Houston Intercontinental for an interview last month to get it extended. It only lasts 6 years and you have to go through the process again :mad:

Oh dear! I can't think of a better reason for a special return trip to Houston prior to your global entry expiry. My daughters tell me is better entering via Texas anyway.