Is it weird to just order appetizers as dinner?

witchegirl

I had weight loss surgery last year, so I can only eat small amounts of food. I think ordering two appetizers would suit me (I'm also vegetarian, and I usually prefer the appetizer options to the entrees).

I know I could eat in the buffet (and did on a cruise with my mother last October) but I'm travelling solo on a 20 day cruise next month, and I would prefer to eat some of my meals in the MDR with other people.

Is it weird to just order appetizers?

I had weight loss surgery last year, so I can only eat small amounts of food. I think ordering two appetizers would suit me (I'm also vegetarian, and I usually prefer the appetizer options to the entrees).

I know I could eat in the buffet (and did on a cruise with my mother last October) but I'm travelling solo on a 20 day cruise next month, and I would prefer to eat some of my meals in the MDR with other people.

I do it all the time when I go out to dinner...my mother does too.

Happy sailings!

That's my plan too - I just had weight-loss surgery in June and this is my first cruise post-surgery.

I recall once on a HAL cruise there was this delicious appetizer of shrimp in some sort of peanut sauce. It was sooo good. I kept ordering those ... like too many ... but that ended up being my meal. And I foresee doing something like this on my cruise next month.

I'm an appetizer / salad lover who prefers those two course to entrée and dessert. Just saying when I go out to dinner, I often order an appetizer and just specify that I'd like that served as my main course. // I have the free at sea three specialty dining promotion and I may do it there too, as sensible eating is a higher priority for me than getting the most food for my money. This strategy lets me eat with DH without feeling like I am stuffing myself too much. // Haven't cruised on NCL since the 90s, but head out on the Escape this Saturday. I will be doing the same thing there that I do on land, if that sounds most appealing to me.

When eating at an a la carte specialty restaurant, this can be much a less expensive meal while still getting a good sampling of the venue (if not using a SDP). >>>>Just a nice side benefit, not a main reason to order apps only.

• 4 months later...

It's your cruise, and your vacation.

I hope you'll do whatever makes you happy--not just in the dining room, but everywhere you go.

If you just want appetizers, please just get appetizers and don't worry about what anyone may or may not think.

No one will think anything of it by the way (I order the Wagyu Sliders as a 'main' in Cagney's) and no one's ever said a thing...but that's not what's important.

I hope you really enjoy your cruise.