Any reason an available cabin wouldn't show up on the website?

juliea344

I'm just curious...

I gave in to the temptation of NextCruise on Allure last week and booked a Grand Suite on Indy for next year. The website said "only 4 cabins available" and I took note of the 4 cabins (deck 10 mid-ship) before heading to the NextCruise office. However the cabin she recommended, which I did book, was not one of the 4 listed on the website. Any reason this might be? I'm just a tad worried they made a mistake. Thanks!

Sometimes the cabins on the RCI website have room minimums (if the cabin has a sofabed or pullman) and they hold these for 3 or more guests. There are ways to get around it, search the website with 3 people (instead of 2) and see what cabins are available. If the cabin you want is then available go ahead and book with a 3rd person and remove them at a later date.

Edited by saroede97
typos

Sometimes the cabins on the RCI website have room minimums (if the cabin has a sofabed or pullman) and they hold these for 3 or more guests. There are ways to get around it, search the website with 3 people (instead of 2) and see what cabins are available. If the cabin you want is then available go ahead and book with a 3rd person and remove them at a later date.

If you are doing this because you really want the cabin then you should be prepared to pay for the third person and just have them be a no show at the pier and get the port fees and taxes refunded.

Cancelling ahead of time you run the risk that Royal makes you move to a 2 person stateroom at current prices. Several posts on here that this has happened.

I hate the new RCCl website set up the old one was easier to navigate. You can't even change your stateroom code. I wanted a D1 and it only showed me D2

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

D1's hold more than 2 guests and Royal is now restricting the booking of these cabins to those with 3 or 4 on many sailings.

This is why I call over using the website. I learned this the last time i cruised that they don't show you all of the rooms, roughly about 20 max. I usually call and keep the agent on the phone long enough to give me a room I like. That takes dedication and a lot of time ( plus it might make the agent a bit antsy too).

This is why I call over using the website. I learned this the last time i cruised that they don't show you all of the rooms, roughly about 20 max. I usually call and keep the agent on the phone long enough to give me a room I like. That takes dedication and a lot of time ( plus it might make the agent a bit antsy too).

And think how long it is going to take starting next week with the reclasifications come out with the new sailings:eek:

I'm just curious...

I gave in to the temptation of NextCruise on Allure last week and booked a Grand Suite on Indy for next year. The website said "only 4 cabins available" and I took note of the 4 cabins (deck 10 mid-ship) before heading to the NextCruise office. However the cabin she recommended, which I did book, was not one of the 4 listed on the website. Any reason this might be? I'm just a tad worried they made a mistake. Thanks!

Some cruise lines only show some available cabins on their website. One way to tell is to do multiple dummy bookings on different devices (just in case "cookies" have been set during your search).

I was going to book directly on RCI website, but there were only 3-4 cabins available on a few different decks. I ended up booking through Spirit Cruises as they had at least 10 cabins available per deck. And they were cabins with better views! I don't quite understand that myself...

I never book online' date=' I call and book directly with an agent at RCL. There have always been more cabins available that way. I think they only release a certain number at a time online.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's fine if they only show a few online at a time but they should say something like "call for more availability". It literally said "only 4 cabins left" which is dishonest.

It's fine if they only show a few online at a time but they should say something like "call for more availability". It literally said "only 4 cabins left" which is dishonest.

Not exactly. RCI has every right to determine availability of cabins.

Also, there are some large travel companies that guarantee blocks of cabins that become "unavailable" to the general public for reservations. You have to go through one of their TA's to get one of those cabins. They generally get released to the "available list" sometime prior to the cruise date if not sold by that company (which doesn't happen that often).

We recently booked a room that wasn't "available" online through 4 different websites (including Royal), but it was part of a block of 10 rooms the TA's company had "reserved" for their customers. It happens all the time.