ms Nieuw Amsterdam and ms Rotterdam Port Everglades Sail-Away March 5, 2017

Boytjie

Thanks; I thought I had picked up a virus but if more folks have experienced it, it's obviously related to CC

This wonderful new CC ate my response to your comment about the wind blowing then gave me the ROBOT BS... Not on a new computer...

My response was that winds were 22 gusting 28 from the East so expecting to see some tugs...

Thanks CC :mad:

Checkin' in.

Aw, rats!! Would like to watch that but I'll be somewhere in the Pacific on Zaandam then. Bummer! :):):)

I'll trade you. You can use our balcony. We'll even throw in cold beverages and a tasty snack.

Thanks; I thought I had picked up a virus but if more folks have experienced it, it's obviously related to CC

Definitely sounds like a server-side issue. I'm talkin' to y'all through my main desktop that I always use to access CC and have had no issues while posting here. I'll try to check it out on my Surface, which I'm currently using to monitor the webcams. I've never used that one to communicate with CC.

Third try!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It seems to have gotten really bad in the last few minutes. And I am on the same computer as always although it does not seem to affect my iPad.

Susan, I am thinking about getting a Surface for cruising. Do you like it?

It seems to have gotten really bad in the last few minutes. And I am on the same computer as always although it does not seem to affect my iPad.

My android won't let me reply or advance pages - for several months - still has old forum when clicking on.

Kathi,

Cruising is the reason that I got the Surface. Used to take my laptop, which was bulky and heavy to tote to the internet places in the ports. Surface is tiny and light and a pleasure to use in the ports. For me it was a good investment.

Now I'm going to try to post something using the Surface, which currantly has no CC cookies and see if I'm getting the problem that some of you are having.

Copper John,

Are you using a different computer than usual? Generally, if a site has cookies on your machine it won't ask for that. A site generally only does that when it's a 'puter that it doesn't "recognize" (from past cookies). Amazon will sometimes do that to me if I'm using one of my other computers.

Afternoon Susan, nope same puter. This "I'm not a robot having to prove deal" started manifesting itself about 3-4 days ago on both my PCand laptop. It's off and on basically.

Btw, going back to our conversation of a couple of weeks ago re port comms, don't know if you heard or not but when the Celebrity Silhouette OOW was done confirming their departure time with the PEV harbormaster, he ended his transmission with "standing by 16/14". Channel 16 beingthe International distress,safety freq which is always monitored and Ch 14 being the PEV port operations freq

Kathi,

Cruising is the reason that I got the Surface. Used to take my laptop, which was bulky and heavy to tote to the internet places in the ports. Surface is tiny and light and a pleasure to use in the ports. For me it was a good investment.

Did you consider getting one of the much less expensive similar tablet/computers? I don't mind spending the money for a Surface but want to be sure I am getting a better product.

Afternoon Susan, nope same puter. This "I'm not a robot havingto prove deal" started manifesting itself about 3-4 days ago on both my PCand laptop. It's off and on basically.

Btw, going back to our conversation of a couple of weeks ago re:port comms, don't know if you heard or not but when the Celebrity SilhouetteOOW was done confirming their departure time with the PEV harbormaster, heended his transmission with "standing by 16/14". Channel 16 beingthe International distress,safety freq which is always monitored and Ch 14 being the PEV portoperations freq

Far out!! I just posted a test message from my Surface, which has NEVER been seen by CC and I had no problem. POA knows a lot more about computer software and server issues than I do (I'm just a hardware guru). POA, are you still here? What do you think?

OK I read you (concerning the frequencies). Still can't believe half the stuff I sometimes hear there at PEV. I'd have been "violated" if I'd ever said some of those things to ATC from my plane.

Far out!! I just posted a test message from my Surface, which has NEVER been seen by CC and I had no problem. POA knows a lot more about computer software and server issues than I do (I'm just a hardware guru). POA, are you still here? What do you think?

OK I read you (concerning the frequencies). Still can't believe half the stuff I sometimes hear there at PEV. I'd have been "violated" if I'd ever said some of those things to ATC from my plane.

Yesterday was the first time I heard someone (harbormaster?) come on the freq and tell some guys to knock off the BS and reinforced that Ch 14 is a port operations channel

Yesterday was the first time I heard someone (harbormaster?) come on the freq and tell some guys to knock off the BS and reinforced that Ch 14 is a port operations channel

When I was listening to Tampa on Friday - 3 or 4 times they had to remind chatters that ch 16 was restricted to emergencies only.

Did you consider getting one of the much less expensive similar tablet/computers?

No, but I should have. I got the Surface just on a recommendation from one of my flying buddies. Since I only use it for cruising I probably could have saved the price of a weeks' worth of PG dinners for a less pricey alternative.

Hey, I just thought of something else about the CC server problems. What browsers are y'all using? I'm using Firefox both on my main 'puter and the Surface. No glitches (so far) with either machine. Maybe the server doesn't like your browsers?