ms Nieuw Amsterdam and ms Rotterdam Port Everglades Sail-Away March 5, 2017

Boytjie

Looks like she is being pulled away from the dock.

She has to be pulled by both tugs at bow and stern. I just checked aviation weather for FLL and winds are 090 20G26 ....DIRECTLY out of the east at 20 kts gusting to 26. The wind is directly abeam of Regal and trying to push her back to the pier.

Looks like she is being pulled away from the dock.

She's still moving away from the dock using her thrusters, bow and stern and/or pods - look at the churning waters. Trident (tug) is preventing the wind from blowing her back into the dock. The tug at her stern is Trident while Broward has her bow

Many years ago, I was aboard Sitmar's Fairwind which was docked where Regal Princess is. Our sailing was delayed because of strong winds from the East blowing against the side of the ship. Not sure whether the Captain finally ordered tugs or not.

She's still moving away from the dock using her thrusters, bow and stern and/or pods - look at the churning waters. Trident (tug) is preventing the wind from blowing her back into the dock. The tug at her stern is Trident while Broward has her bow

Water seemed to be churning quite a bit between the tug and the ship which looked as if the tug was also applying power for the movement away from the dock.

Water seemed to be churning quite a bit between the tug and the ship which looked as if the tug was also applying power for the movement away from the dock.

She's probably assisting but her main job is to keep the cruise ship away from the dock

POA knows a lot more about computer software and server issues than I do (I'm just a hardware guru). POA, are you still here? What do you think?.

I haven't seen the human verification (CAPTCHA) block yet, but it's usually the result of the server seeing an unknown computer. The servers typically use your IP address, browser type, and a cookie to determine if your machine has changed.

I have my browser set to dump cookies on close unless I set up a specific exception, which I did for CC.

If your ISP has deployed IPv6, it might cause your IP address to change more than it would have with IPv4. I pay for static IP addresses here at the Institute of Cheer, but residential Internet does not always guarantee a fixed IP.

My educated guess is that they need to tweak the software settings. They've been messing around with the settings all week, and things have been changing.