On-board Diamond Plus Beverage Package Discount Price??

Can those with a recent experience please post what you have paid on-board with the Diamond Plus beverage package discount, the ship you were on and the number of days of your cruise? Thank you!

Prices are constantly changing and varies by ship, itinerary, and time of year. Diamond plus gets 30% off the current price onboard.

• 5 months later...
Can D+ 30% discount be used a few days into a (long) cruise or must drink package be purchased on Day 1? Are you only charged for remaining days of cruise? Thanks for any info.

I think there has to be at least 4 days remaining to purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off the Allure on Sunday. My bar person may have been misinformed as she told me that there was NO discount for Diamond plus, only Pinnacle. I asked her to check with her supervisor and she came back and apologized. She said the discount would be 30% for Diamond plus. We did the math and did not purchase it after all.

If you don't like their response, check again. ;)

Is there any discount onboard for the drink pkg for Diamond?

The onboard discount for Diamond is supposed to be 20%, but several people have reported ships that don't honor a D discount. Sorry, but I've not maintained a list.

The onboard discount for Diamond is supposed to be 20%, but several people have reported ships that don't honor a D discount. Sorry, but I've not maintained a list.

Thank you for your quick response:)and congrats to you as well :)

• 1 month later...

We were on Radiance a week ago and I had to ask at 3 different places (Guest services who told us to go to the champagne bar, then up by Lattitudes) to find anyone who was able to provide the 30% off for D+. Each time asking them to get hold of the beverage manager. But in the end it did work out.

There should be a sheet in your stateroom the first day that lists all the C&A discounts, etc., one of the items should be the drink package discount if you are Diamond or above. I definitely saw it listed when I was on Oasis in August. I would bring that sheet when buying a package on board as evidence that there is a discount.

We do most of our drinking during the free drink time, happy hour between 5pm to 8pm each night.

Maybe we aren't drinking enough to think a drink package would be worth the extra cost? :tropical-drink:

Jimbo:)

Hi stranger.......Long time,no hear..:D

Anyway,in my case,the EM does not have a CL or even a dedicated area for the free drinks(like MJ does)......I still get the 3 drinks during that time,but it is NOT the same as having drinks in a lounge..

Hi stranger.......Long time,no hear..:D

Anyway,in my case,the EM does not have a CL or even a dedicated area for the free drinks(like MJ does)......I still get the 3 drinks during that time,but it is NOT the same as having drinks in a lounge..

Hi there! Yes my wife and I are still around.

We haven't cruised a lot lately but we did do a B2B on Celebrity this past May, Pacific Coastal followed by a Alaska Cruise. On there they just gave us coupons and we could use them anywhere on the ship. Some of the larger RCCL ships were doing the same thing last we were on them.

I didn't know the smaller ships that RCCL has doesn't do that too.

Those drink packages seem so high though even with the discounts, you would still have to drink so much a day to make them cost effective.

We bought the drink package in the terminal before boarding the Oasis on September 3. The crew member, who checked with his supervisor insisted we should get a 20% discount instead of 30% discount for diamond plus. He did not have a machine to swipe. I told my husband not to challenge it as the 30% discount would be programmed onto our card. Sure enough we got the 30% discount. In my opinion don't be worried about what they tell you. Your discount is automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We haven't cruised a lot lately but we did do a B2B on Celebrity this past May, Pacific Coastal followed by a Alaska Cruise. On there they just gave us coupons and we could use them anywhere on the ship. Some of the larger RCCL ships were doing the same thing last we were on them.

Those drink packages seem so high though even with the discounts, you would still have to drink so much a day to make them cost effective.

All Royal ships have the three daily vouchers embedded in your SeaPass card.

All Royal ships except Majesty and Empress have a Diamond Lounge/Club.

Majesty uses the Viking Crown Lounge to stage a nightly "happy hour" in lieu of an actual Lounge.

Empress does not.

Normally I do not buy a beverage package,but just might on the EM. Do they still offer 40% off???(Pinnacle)

Thank you!

You would be well advised to get the drink package on Empress. They have a very limited interpretation of c&a drinks.

We enjoy Celebrity too.........unlike some people who are high up in the ranks.,we cruise more than RCCL....Status does not mean a thing to us.......:) So therefore,we jump ship to ship.

I figure if I had maybe 4 drinks a day,I would come out ahead with the drink package........not so much on ships with CL

You would be well advised to get the drink package on Empress. They have a very limited interpretation of c&a drinks.

I'm thinking that,too.......thanks..

There should be a sheet in your stateroom the first day that lists all the C&A discounts, etc., one of the items should be the drink package discount if you are Diamond or above. I definitely saw it listed when I was on Oasis in August. I would bring that sheet when buying a package on board as evidence that there is a discount.

The in room sheet did NOT list the beverage package discounts.

If you include all the bottled water, fresh juice every morning and real coffee and it makes sense for us. YMMV...