Is Johnny Rockets worth it?

Great cook to order breakfast for free opposed to the sub par breakfast buffet in the Windjammer. Great lunch also for about one visit per cruise. I eat while my wife drinks her shake.

Go to the free breakfast.

Only Oasis class ships have a Johnny Rockets that serves breakfast.

OP is going on the Navigator, as per his signature.

It wouldn't be fair for me to judge Johnny Rockets. But i think that they have a hamburger stand in the buffet areas . Carnival has Guys Burgers which is included in your cruise fare. And their burgers were fantastic. I would not want to pay for a hamburger but some people feel differently. I noticed its always busy on the ships i have been on.

Tried it on the Explorer and definitely did not think it was worth an upcharge (and I'm a big fan of specialty dining). Food was meh, service was unimpressive and the dancing was so awkward it was hard to watch. Apple pie had weird aftertaste. It was something to do on a sea day and I might take my son again, but wouldn't bother for myself.

Depending on the ship you are on, Johnny Rockets can be a single set charge or a la carte. So you could just get a hamburger for $2.50. I really like JR and we always eat there more than once each cruise. I don't think it's as good as SNS or In-and-out but it's pretty tasty.

If you're on a longer cruise, it's a nice back home feeling. I find that after a week or so (whether on a ship or in a hotel), I crave normalcy in my gastronomic endeavors. That grilled cheese with bacon is calling my name. Throw in a chocolate shake and I might just skip dinner.

Please excuse me if I bump in but I need need to know. Can you get additional helpings as in 2 burgers for 1 charge or is the 2nd. burger a separate charge? Basically is it a "all you can eat"?

Please excuse me if I bump in but I need need to know. Can you get additional helpings as in 2 burgers for 1 charge or is the 2nd. burger a separate charge? Basically is it a "all you can eat"?

If you are on a ship with a flat rate ($7) Johnny Rockets, it's all yiou can eat. If your Johnny Rockets has per item pricing, then you would pay more for the second hamburger.

At least from our experience on Freedom, it was not great. Sure it may have been the best burger on the ship, but that didn't make it a great burger. We had a free coupon for that meal and that was the only reason it wasn't truly disappointing.

We have another free meal at JR on our upcoming Oasis cruise and if we don't end up using it I won't be sad. I cannot see myself paying for it, I'd much rather head to Five Guys when I get home.

Geez! Everybody always seems to be looking for some great gourmet experience on the ship. It's hamburgers for goodness sake. JR's burgers are better than the thin preformed burgers in the Windjammer. We usually go on the last sea day just to have something different from lunch after the Windjammer all week. We don't go for or go expecting some great mouth watering gourmet hamburger. We eat at a whole variety of different places on land........ 5 star restaurants, the chain restaurants, local hole in the wall restaurants, small individual burger stands, food court stands in the mall, buffet restaurants, military dining halls while in the military and so on. On land and on sea we always find something that we like. Have we ordered something in the MDR and didn't like it......Yes and that was after the waiter tried to talk us out of it. We just ordered something else.

If you go to JR's just go knowing that it is a burger joint...nothing fancy but it is a good fill up and something different if you are tired of the buffet lunch's from all week! :cool:

We have a stand alone JR in our South Street neighborhood. Does the wait staff also dance at the JRs at sea?

We've seen then dance on the ship in the past, but have not gone lately.

Only Oasis class ships have a Johnny Rockets that serves breakfast.

OP is going on the Navigator, as per his signature.

Freedom class had free breakfast at Johnny Rocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

DW and I tried it for the 1st time on the Adventure, we had a little extra OBC. It was OK, not something I would have paid for if not for the OBC. I will say, DW and I had a Royal Burger in the MDR on a sea day on the Liberty and it was one of the best burgers I've had in years. If I wasn't so full, I would've eaten another.

No. It's johnny rockets. I can't figure out WHY it's on a cruise ship in the first place let alone how it stays there while charging an up charge. It's really nothing special.

Yep. I can't understand why they have Chops, Izumi, Jamie's Italian, Giovanni's Table, Sabor, Portifino, Ritas Cantina on a cruise ship either. Who needs options anyway.....