What would you pick?

rcssmom

I like having a balcony but I don't really need more space than a balcony provides, especially for only two people. I'm quite content with the food available without a suite. I don't really need a butler. Toss some clean linens in occasionally and I'd be pretty much set. I keep the cabin very tidy at all times, so I'm LOW maintenance for the cabin steward. I can't currently cruise for more than a week so I would KILL for the ability to go for two weeks, it would be two weeks on a balcony cabin for me.

With no hesitation we would take the longer cruise. Suites are very nice, but for many, hardly worth the price difference. Personally, we spend no more then 3 waking hours a day in our cabin (whether its a suite of basic cabin). While we do love the extra space (and amenities on some lines) of a suite we enjoy the extra days a lot more! In fact, if we take this discussion to the next step, and even bigger debate is whether to book a suite on a mass market cruise line (like Celebrity) or book a suite on one of the luxury lines (i.e. Crystal, Silverseas, Seabourn, etc). If you want to pay the big bucks for a suite....why not do it on a vessel where everything is a step above...including better service, food, space ratios, etc. There might be some exceptions such as the Haven Suites on NCL, or "Grill" suites on the Queen, where there are lots of extra amenities that essentially create a ship within a ship.

Hank

Hi Hank:).........my big 60th is next year too...and I am trying a luxury line this year.....totally unexpected but very

much looking forward to it:D.....circumstances are giving me this opportunity and I am taking it....I will be sailing

on SIlverseas in August out of Barcelona. Should give me some major food for thought about what to do for my 60th.

I always sail solo so space isn't the main factor (for me anyway).......from everything I have read, Silverseas is awfully

good:)........will see if I end up coming back to Celebrity next year or not.......

Oh, to the OP, whatever you choose, hope you have a great cruise and your husband has a very Happy Birthday:)

Edited by Lois R

two weeks! Having sailed in suites when I stated cruising years ago, I now book oceanview or veranda. It costs less and you can have a great time. The suite gets you more space and some perks (you can buy them). Recently read an article that says if you book a suite on a mass market ship, you are on the wrong ship. Mass markets are excellent value and entertainment. Enjoy!!

My husband will be 60 next February. I am looking at the Equinox for either a back to back or one week in a suite.

For about the same price we can do a suite for one week or a regular balcony cabin for two weeks.

What would you do?

Karen

A balcony cabin on a per day basis is almost always less expensive, but in your comparison the price difference might be unfair since suites sell faster. I see suite prices increase and sell out quickly. You should check new releases. The prices goes up as they sell them. But if they are not sold out the price might drop after the final payment date. The new suite benefits have had a significant impact on the suite pricing.

Many times the Best group of perks are included with a suite under the price being offered. (Premium drink package, internet, gratuities, and OBC). I would suggest you compare the total price of each option when you make your final decision.

The Luminae and Michael's club has been a popular addition for the Suite category benefits.

I would also consider at least a 10 day cruise and perhaps a 14 day cruise. From our experience a B2B with a 7 day cruise is a significantly different experience. It is nice to stay around when most people have to leave. But then another group boards and are not as relaxed. Also the menus and shows repeat. (The guest performers might change). We enjoy a 14 day cruise much more.

IMO since you are celebrating a milestone birthday I would recommend at least a 10 day cruise in a suite, but I realize that was not really your question.

The bottom line for us is that we would pay twice as much for a Suite over the lowest level Balcony.

Look,at the Edge when it is released tomorrow.

Good luck