Harmony Better or Worse Than Oasis/Allure???

My family and I have been on the Oasis twice and Allure once. We are considering the Harmony for our February 2018 vacation. I've read a lot of "mixed" reviews on the Harmony, so I'm wondering...is the experience better, worse or the same as Oasis/Allure? My kids are excited about the water slides and Abyss, but if the food & service quality won't be what we've experienced on prior cruises, then maybe it's not worth it? I would love to hear from those who have sailed on Harmony AND another Oasis-class ship. Thank you!

I agree with the reply from Bob above. We have sailed on all 3 Oasis class including Harmony July 2016 - Mediterranean. We did not see any real difference between Harmony and the other 2. Except the slides were terrific, fun for everyone and easy to do. Service and food were good. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that if you liked Oasis and Allure, you will like Harmony.

We've cruised on the Oasis and Harmony. For the most part we didn't experience any noticeable differences. Obviously the Harmony is newer - but hard to tell really. If you do cruise on the Harmony and your kids are looking forward to the water slides and Abyss, I would recommend trying them out as soon as you board the ship. Lines can get long once the cruise is underway.

But the bottom line for us, Oasis and Harmony - no significant difference. We're cruising the Allure next year and Symphony after that. We expect very similar experiences from all.

We loved both the Allure and Harmony! Harmony is now my new "favorite" due to all the Quantum class amenities and suite class upgrades. We were on the first US sailing, and there were isolated service issues, but nothing that was unusual or detracted from our wonderful cruise. It was awesome!! Have a great time, whatever you pick!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just got off Harmony last Saturday. We had been on Allure once and Oasis twice before this, and we both agreed that Harmony was our favorite so far. As others have posted above, there's not a huge difference in the ships, but we just felt the service was better all around, and the staff seemed friendlier as well. We saw a lot of familiar faces from our Oasis cruise last year that had transferred to Harmony, which was good. I tried all the slides. The nice thing about the Abyss is that it ends right at the tequila bar :)

I sailed on the oasis and allure a couple of time but we have 0 experience when it comes to harmony. This is a non scientific opinion from our friends and family.

Oasis= millennial

Allure=elderly

Harmony= family with kids

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have sailed Allure and Harmony. Everything on Allure was better except for the entertainment overall (although Ice Games in Studio B on Allure is amazing!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

I am so excited this will be my first oasis type cruise. We will be sailing on the allure. I wanted to book the Harmony but now i am glad i booked the allure. I hope the entertainment will be good on the allure too. I heard that ma ma mia will be the show. And that they have good comedians. Can't wait thank you for the information

I have sailed Allure and Harmony. Everything on Allure was better except for the entertainment overall (although Ice Games in Studio B on Allure is amazing!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

I am so excited this will be my first oasis type cruise. We will be sailing on the allure. I wanted to book the Harmony but now i am glad i booked the allure. I hope the entertainment will be good on the allure too. I heard that ma ma mia will be the show. And that they have good comedians. Can't wait thank you for the information

No worries, the show was Chicago when I sailed, and the 2012 Chicago showing was better than the 2014 one so it was probably a good idea they changed it to Mamma Mia! You will really enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My family and I have been on the Oasis twice and Allure once. We are considering the Harmony for our February 2018 vacation. I've read a lot of "mixed" reviews on the Harmony, so I'm wondering...is the experience better, worse or the same as Oasis/Allure? My kids are excited about the water slides and Abyss, but if the food & service quality won't be what we've experienced on prior cruises, then maybe it's not worth it? I would love to hear from those who have sailed on Harmony AND another Oasis-class ship. Thank you!

As you likely know...when you read reviews on ANY ship...you're going to get a mixed bag of information.

like you...we've been on Oasis and Allure, and will be on Harmony shortly. We anticipate enjoying it and having a similar experience.

We have now been on all 3 and our favorite is Harmony. Newly designed cabins give you more room to maneuver and plenty of closet space. Slides were a fun venue and the new app to stay connected with your other cruisers is a great feature. Shows, food and entertainment were all about the same.

Skip

I am interested in this question too. My husband and I aren't interested in the water slides, rock climbing wall, or things like that. We enjoy good shows, the excursions, and getting some sun by the pools. We are in our early 50s. I wonder which ship would be best for us.

HOTS isn't if you had counted on one of those last aft cabins with the Boardwalk view that is now obstructed by the Abyss.

We had an Ocean View on Oasis in 2015 and had an BW view aft balcony last month and loved it. The Abyss barely obstructed our view of the Ocean and there seemed to be much more activity on the Boardwalk of the Harmony than we noticed on Oasis.

Both cruises were great. So far this has been our favorite class of ship.:D