So why should I get a promenade room over regular inside room?

The only real advantage that I know of is that you get a window, but it's obviously not a window to the actual outside and you do lose some privacy. It's possibly also more centrally located than your inside cabin may be, but that would depend on which inside cabin you're looking at.

Would take a promenade over inside any day. More light, love the bench in front the window, more to see if you like o people watch.

I didn't have any problem with noise even during parade.

Agree. And usually the price is about the same. We personally like deck 7

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

An inside cabin is like a cave and you never see the light of day ;) A promenade cabin has a window with a nice seat to watch all the happenings in the Royal Promenade. Of course if you leave your curtains open you will loose some privacy, just flip them closed!

No noise problems, our sons slept well..

Sent from my SM-T900 using Forums mobile app

For us, we prefer interiors without windows. The absolute darkness is awesome. The only good thing about the promenade is the fact that you can enjoy the promenade shows without dealing with the crowds. But I would not pay extra for a promenade vs. an normal interior.

We tried a promenade stateroom on Voyager. The noise was not bad at all, a little larger with the window seat, and you can people watch. That being said, I do not know if I would book one again, I would prefer an oceanview balcony. The one thing they do is adjust the lighting on the promenade for the time of day, so it is brighter during the day, and darker at night. Try it to see if you like it.

Regards

I've never been in a promenade cabin but I have one booked for my siblings on our future Adventure cruise. It was cheaper than an inside at the time and I figured they would enjoy it for their first cruise :) I'm looking forward to seeing it.

We tried a promenade stateroom on Voyager. The noise was not bad at all, a little larger with the window seat, and you can people watch. That being said, I do not know if I would book one again, I would prefer an oceanview balcony. The one thing they do is adjust the lighting on the promenade for the time of day, so it is brighter during the day, and darker at night. Try it to see if you like it.

Regards

I have a promenade room booked for the first time on my next cruise. I am glad to hear they adjust the lighting based on the time of day. On my last cruise, I could not stand the inside cabin without a window because it was impossible to tell day from night and would throw me off every morning.

Promenade was not an option for me with 3, but if it had been I probably would have booked it just to check it out. I am also interested in the boardwalk or central park balconies on Oasis class, just to see what it is like.

I don't mind an inside room with the darkness. I sleep much better. If it were a port intensive cruise I would not want one though- I would sleep all the time. I am one of those people who wakes up about 5 or so to go to the bathroom. If natural light hits my eyes, it is over for me. Even a tiny bit. Artificial light (like the bathroom light) does not do it for me. We have two windows in our bedroom right by our bed. I get no sleep on the weekends. On a cruise on a sea day, I could sleep until 9 or even (gasp) 10. What is even better is... SO DOES MY DAUGHTER (who is now 6). :eek: And unlike most kids (insert sarcastic wink here ;)), she is a bear when she does not get enough sleep.

My husband and I had our honeymoon on Marnier and had a Promenade room.

The room we had was right over the bar which had loud live music til 2:00am or later every night. It made it hard to sleep. Plus after a few days it started to make us cranky because it was like living next to really crappy loud neighborhoods. Or I guess in this case above.

Other than that, we were glad to have the little extra room that the window seat provided. It was nice to have a great view of the parades. Also, if I ever wanted something from the cafe promenade I could look out the window to see if it was crowded (also not a far walk either). We both enjoyed people watching specially my husband while he would wait for me to get ready.