Anyone have a child I can borrow - need a third person in the cabin (website issue)

OMG! Royal's new booking system is AWFUL. Actually, "awful" is being nice. I just tried to do a mock booking for a cruise I'm currently booked on, and the site showed that balcony cabins were sold out for two people. However, when I changed the reservation to three people there were over 95 balcony cabins available. The cruise appears to be wide open, but not for a party of two. Other booking engines showed the same thing, but of course they get their data from the RCI system.

Apparently RCI is no longer couples friendly. Maybe they're encouraging threesomes :eek:

I want to be able to pick out a specific cabin before calling my TA to book. I'm fussy about cabin location and I fail to see how it's doing anybody any good by me having to sit on the phone with my TA for an hour or two checking individual cabins and having her have to call RCI to find out whether or not a party of two can book it or not. I find it hard to believe that there isn't a single balcony cabin available that can be booked for a party of two, but there are dozens available for parties of three :mad:

I am SO frustrated with this. Do they think I"m just going to call them directly so they can pick out the worst cabin available and stick me in it?

Looking at various deck plans it seems that more cabins accommodate three or four people than two, but with the exception of school holidays more people would be traveling as a couple. The math doesn't work and RCI will end up sailing with numerous empty cabins if they do not get this issue fixed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

really u can't tell she kidding

Are you for real? You can't borrow a child. What is wrong with you?

Children are not a item to be used as a means to save some money on a dumb cruise. Sick,sick,sick...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Gosh I wonder what would've been said to my response that I was packing up both of my kids and sending them to the original poster.

Gosh I wonder what would've been said to my response that I was packing up both of my kids and sending them to the original poster.

Bwahaha. Can they do yard work? [emoji14]

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Children are not a item to be used as a means to save some money on a dumb cruise. Sick,sick,sick...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And there was me thinking the heading was serious :rolleyes:

Actually, borrowing seems like the best option. Have you seen the monthly payments and contract terms for leasing a child? Unreal! And forget about buying one outright. Costs have been skyrocketing over the last several years... And interest rates are beginning to rise so the loan may be prohibitive.

What would happen if you booked three people and one was a no show upon boarding?

The problem with that is that then you're paying for three people. I'm just grumpy that it's not even possible to book a cabin for two. There are a few mentions of this on the 2018-2019 deployment thread as well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2400549&page=49 (see post 1937)

I thought I read somewhere that canceling the third/fourth person was fully refundable even after Final Payment Date?

Yes, up until the 100% penalty point, which I believe is 14 days before the cruise.

I am SO frustrated with this. Do they think I"m just going to call them directly so they can pick out the worst cabin available and stick me in it?

Just call them and give them the room number you want and they will switch it if its available

Will a 47 year old child work? When do we leave mom?

Vicki

So happy to see (as always) that we Vickis are there to help out wherever needed!

Hit the same problem last week. Called to book my favorite aft cabin on the Enchantment - one that I had sailed in twice last year - and was told that I could not book it solo. I had to have at least three people. I made the mistake of calling the regular reservation number and even though the consultant checked with the revenue department after I told him that I was a widow who had sailed in it twice, it was still a no go. I hung up and called the D+ desk and the rep checked and saw that they were coded (or whatever) for two people and yes, I could have the cabin.

Unless I had escalated, I would have been looking for two children to borrow!