What happened to the birthday cake?

Boy oh boy. Royal Caribbean is really on a roll with me tonight. First they screw up the booking engine so bad that it's impossible to even know if cabins are available or not and then...

THEY CHANGED THE BIRTHDAY CAKE :mad:

I went to order myself a birthday cake for my upcoming cruise and it's not the same as it used to be. For starters, they raised the price by about $10 - it used to be $14.95 I believe and now it's $25, and they totally changed its appearance.

Has anyone recently ordered this "new and improved" :rolleyes: cake. How is it? If it still tastes the same I might still get it.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/culinary/celebration-cake/

That cake is ugly! Is that a big ribbon on top of the "beans," or whatever those little round things are? I'm just not feeling this cake at all for $25.

The white chocolate cake is uglier than the chocolate. Wow. I'm just an old fashion girl who likes regular white or chocolate icing on my birthday cakes. These waxy looking and tasting designs are just not tasty, IMO.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/culinary/celebration-cake-with-white-chocolate-decorative-sheet/

Edited by INCHARGE

Wow! A six inch cake for $25? I have cruised for awhile, and we always annotate celebrations. I see them on my booking, but we have never had any celebration. We never skip the MDR either. I see other people have celebrations. Do you have to give them money now since they want you to pay for everything else?

They look like those decorative pearls that you can buy for cake decorating like at Hobby Lobby or even Walmart. I bought some for my DD's cake one year. They are kind of like big sprinkles. They weren't especially tasty- just like sugar.

I won't pay that much for a cake. And I am celebrating my birthday and anniversary. Now if they had a really good cupcake (like carrot cake or red velvet with good cream cheese icing), I might pay extra for it. As long as it is reasonable- like $5 give or take. DH would not eat it anyway, and DD and I could share a cupcake. I don't need a whole cake.

Well I decided to bite the bullet (or the decorative pearls) and ordered the cake. I'm hoping the main part of the cake is still the same and I will report back here by mid April whether or not it was any good.

Happy birthday to me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Wow! A six inch cake for $25? I have cruised for awhile, and we always annotate celebrations. I see them on my booking, but we have never had any celebration. We never skip the MDR either. I see other people have celebrations. Do you have to give them money now since they want you to pay for everything else?

Have never seen anyone with a birthday cake in MDR. The "Birthday person" gets a slice with candle and a song. In even a grocery store that has a "nicer" variety of cakes I notice that $20 or $25 for a small cake is not unusual.

Boy oh boy. Royal Caribbean is really on a roll with me tonight. First they screw up the booking engine so bad that it's impossible to even know if cabins are available or not and then...

THEY CHANGED THE BIRTHDAY CAKE :mad:

I went to order myself a birthday cake for my upcoming cruise and it's not the same as it used to be. For starters, they raised the price by about $10 - it used to be $14.95 I believe and now it's $25, and they totally changed its appearance.

Has anyone recently ordered this "new and improved" :rolleyes: cake. How is it? If it still tastes the same I might still get it.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/culinary/celebration-cake/

Hey Karen, Enjoy Liberty.

If you are on a boat with a cupcake shop I would get the big Cupcake cake. It was really cute and it was I believe $25 in 2015.

I'll be on Liberty. Honestly I haven't even studied the deck plan yet to even know what's where. I'm a bit behind in planning. Lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

That cake is so ugly.

VIC_3775-Use.jpg

It looks like Eddie Van Halen's guitar:

FenderFrankenstrat-Big.jpg

BUT IN YELLOW:

evh-blackandyellow.jpg

And I can't believe they are actually going to put pulled sugar flowers on it! Really? Humidity will melt those suckers faster than you can say, "Why is there aquarium gravel on my birthday cake?"

Am I seeing the picture correctly, that the cake is wrapped up in brown tissue paper open at the top?

I'll be interested in your experience OP, but I think I'll pass and hope for a slice to magically appear in MDR.