Help needed for lost Ipad on Getaway

grovesteve

I left my Ipad on the Getaway on March 12. It was seen on March 13 in the hands of a customer service person. I need to contact Erroll the hotel director directly. I need his email address. NCL shoreside is or absolutely no use. If anyone has the Hotel Directors email for the Getaway I would appreciate it

thanks

I left my Ipad on the Getaway on March 12. It was seen on March 13 in the hands of a customer service person. I need to contact Erroll the hotel director directly. I need his email address. NCL shoreside is or absolutely no use. If anyone has the Hotel Directors email for the Getaway I would appreciate it

thanks

How do you know it was your ipad? not being hateful, just wondering?

It was still there on Tuesday morning (maybe) -- my wife lost her notebook (paper) on Monday and on Tuesday we went down to the desk to inquire and the guy came back and said "no notebook, just an iPad" and we had to explain that it was a paper notebook, not electronic, at which point he went back and found it.

Use Find My to lock it and post a message on the screen. http://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my-iphone.html

Always do this first if you lose an apple device

...And, it took u 10 days to realize it was gone?? Prob w that is the battery may have died or they turned it off in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP, depending on your iPad's OS version and iCloud settings for "Finding my iPad" (you did enabled and set it up, I hope) - lock into your account, see this FAQ -

http://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my-iphone.html

With NCL's Lost-n-Found, it will take 10 days and longer for them to contact you / followup with anything & everything they have and know ... if it has been turned in and logged by ship's Customer Service, corporate HQ need time for the item and report to reach them.

Otherwise, iCloud should display its last location & "movement" as long as it has broadcasting its data via WiFi (and, cellular data for devices equipped). Put that device into Lost Mode now and possibly Remote Erase mode - if it is recovered later on, you can restore it. Activation Lock is and will stop anyone else from attempting to wipe & reactivate it - the iPad in someone else's hands is just a paperweight.

• 3 months later...

I got my iPad back, it did take several weeks, along with the help of a member of the entertainment who I became face book friend with who went to security to get them to find it.

I got my iPad back, it did take several weeks, along with the help of a member of the entertainment who I became face book friend with who went to security to get them to find it. ...

THANK YOU for coming back and updating us. So happy for you.

Just proof that it pays to get friendly with the crew, you never know when you will need their help beyond the call of duty

I am happy that you were able to get your iPad returned.

Did you send a note to Erroll and tell him: (1) you iPad has been returned and (2) the name of the person who was help you? In my book, what he did for you makes him a Vacation Hero.