Thoughts on a 5 day cruise

NOSaints1

Would you book an OV on a 5 day cruise to Key West/Cozumel to see if we like Celebrity for a couple in there 30s . I believe the ship was the infinity and the price was 769pp with the drink package

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Would you book an OV on a 5 day cruise to Key West/Cozumel to see if we like Celebrity for a couple in there 30s . I believe the ship was the infinity and the price was 769pp with the drink package

We have a similar cruise cruise booked for Dec 2018 on the Infinity (Cozumel/Grand Cayman) and are trying our first Celebrity cruise this Dec on the Equinox. If you haven't already, check all the pricing options between OV and Balcony and Go Big, Go Better and Go Best. It ended up being more economical for us to upgrade from Go Big to the Go Better option and get a balcony cabin on our Infinity booking.

And yes, with the drink package included booking Celebrity to us was a no brainer. Would cost the same or more to sail Carnival, Royal or NCL once you add everything up. :D

For that reason and that reason alone, I would think about it. A 5 day cruise IMO is just a tease.

"Twere" it me, I would book a 7 day cruise. Not only gives you two more days, it gives you 48 hours more to decide if Celebrity is for you. ;p

5 days NO we did it once never again . with all the prep .packing flying transfers etc etc not worth it in our opinion. 7 dayz minimum just our thoughts.

Either way enjoy Celebrity ...once we took our first .no one else for us.

Only thing is I can do an 8 day on Carnival for around the same price as Celebrity

My suggestion would be to choose based on the experience you're after and consider the many variables: size of ship, pax to space ratio, cabin size/type, number of days, itinerary, etc. etc.

4-7 day itineraries work best for our work schedules and we happen to love Carnival's shorter cruises for a getaway and they are on the older Fantasy class ships which we prefer. We typically have $500 or more balance at the end of a 5 day Carnival cruise so trying Celebrity with the free drinks and $300 OBC will end up costing us around the same in the end.

They also appeal to us, because they offer really great pax/space ratio, generally have smaller ships (which we love), toned down decor, along with the expection of better food, more relaxing atmosphere, etc. that is worth paying more for in our opinion where more days and itinerary may be more important to others.

If you generally have an account balance of more than $500 at the end of a 5 day cruise then I would at least give Celebrity a try and see how you like it.

So what would you say is a good ship with a budget around 2500 for two OV to the Caribbean in April is 2500 duable on Celebrity

Not for 2017 but for 2018, yes. Look at he 8 day Equinox out of Ft lauderdale and the 7 day Silhouette out of Miami. And of course you will get a better deal if you don't do your pricing/booking directly with Celebrity. Additional OBC, etc.

We have done 5 day cruises and are about to do one in a few weeks. We will add a few days in south Beach to make it a total of 10 days. This is a charter cruise so 5 days is all we will get on the ship.

Since you mentioned being in your 30's..I can only assume that you work and that vacation time is a premium for you! That said..I am sure that you would make the most of a 5 day cruise and save other vacation days for another trip(s). It is all about optimizing those days off from work!

Yes...7 days is far better than 5 but...you do what you can with the time that you have. We find Celebrity to be a desirable option if you want to avoid the noise and interruptions of daily life. Typically on Celebrity...there is only one announcement every day and that is the Captains report at noon. If you want to participate in activities...you need to look at the daily paper and keep track yourself. Otherwise...just hang back relax and order your next drink!

Key West is one of our favorite ports and Cozumel...we tend to stay on our "private yacht"! Drink package included is a great perk. Alcohol, soda, water...it all adds up. The classic package is $55/day pp so the price you mentioned sounds pretty good!

Perfect! Absolutely perfect ...this way you can try it out and see if you like it. I am always scratching my head when people book on a longer cruise and not even sure if they like the line, much less cruising at all.

I think this will be a perfect test to see if Celebrity (or even cruising) is right for you. I love the Infinity, by the way ...and having the drink package sure does add to the excitement ... not having to worry about a large beverage bill at the end of the cruise. You will also get specialty coffees, water and fresh juices with your package.

A 5 day Celebrity cruise to Key West and Coz is exactly what we did for our 1st cruise - wanted to "test" it out since I wasn't sure I'd like it. Ours was on Constellation. LOVED it. Was a great decision and very glad we did it vs going with a 7 day the first time. Yes we wanted more and it felt a little short - but we didn't know that until we tried. I think it's far worse to do a 7 day and find out you're not a fan on day 1.

But we drove to port - I agree that flying in isn't worth it unless you're combining a land and sea stay.

I only get two weeks off a year, as far as pricing Carnival, RC are priced in US dollars Celebrity comes up in CDN dollars

If you were on Celebrity's website, it has been having issues. Try pricing them out on another site. The 'to go' site with 'vacation' in front is a good comparison tool.

We did a short on Constellation..drove to the port (FLL). It was excellent. All fears about it being a booze cruise did not materialize, It was a perfect short getaway although we prefer 9 or 10 days.

Short trip will give you the flavor of cruising on X...we enjoy KW.

Any length of cruise is better than no cruise...In terms of it being a 'trial' as to if you like Celebrity just be aware of the following points...

On our 5 day cruises (we have done a couple) the general age seemed to be younger (workers getting a quick break?). There were also several families who had tagged on a cruise to a Disney holiday. Our longer cruises have had a higher proportion of more mature clientele and less children. Not necessarily a good or bad thing, just a difference we have noticed.

The ship you are cruising on is an M class ship. We do enjoy M class but it is older and does not have the decor, number of restaurants or modern feel of the S class...We know people who love both classes and people who definitely prefer one to the other...personally we only book M class if there is a great itinerary.

So enjoy your 5 day cruise but don't assume any following Celebrity cruise will necessarily be the same!