"JR" on captains club. Celebrity please help

Loyal2Royal1995

I have an ongoing issue and it getting to the point, I might cancel my 10 night cruise 5/2018 on Equinox. It removes the cruise and every time they try to fix, as soon as you log out and back in.. it appears again... Not impressed with the IT department

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not many people who post about their issues with the website are impressed. Yes, I have had a problem from time to time, but not enough to make me think about canceling, only calling Captains Club to order up what I require, if I require it right away,. Otherwise I do not worry about the website, only how my vacation will turn out ultimately, which, for me at least, is totally anecdotal to the website...

bon voyage

I have an ongoing issue and it getting to the point, I might cancel my 10 night cruise 5/2018 on Equinox. It removes the cruise and every time they try to fix, as soon as you log out and back in.. it appears again... Not impressed with the IT department

I had the JR bug. I had to call up Captains Club up to get that fixed. They were able to fix it. Known issue.

Assuming you are actually a Jr., this has been problem for a long time. I get around this by using my DW's name when logging in and assign the on line reservation to her log in.

One area of the system puts the suffix in the last name field and another area puts the suffix in a separate field. This causes a disconnect when attempting to log in.

I have had the same "JR" issue on and off for 4 years. Last month after Lee Moreau's posted her e-mail address here on Cruise Critic I reached out to her. She immediately responded with the following - true to her word I was contacted the next day and my "JR" was gone. I still have a problem that my old telephone number keeps returning.

Thank you for your email. I'm very sorry that you have been subject to an ongoing problem we are experiencing with our website and the suffixes it is adding to certain profiles. It is a known and ongoing issue that will be rectified when our new site goes live in a few months.

Until then, let me see if we can find some sort of 'more permanent' solution for you, that will hopefully be permanent after this last time. I will have someone reach out to you within the next few days to confirm.

Thank you for your patience and equally importantly, thank you for being a valued Elite Plus member!

Lee

My problem was not a JR issue, it was some how they magically swapped my first and last name inside my account so when I logged in I got error messages and my current status and points did not show. Called CC about things not showing and weird error messages and they checked and found and fixed the issue, for now anyway. Oh, only need 403 more points for Elite Plus....I don't see that happening, unless we hit the lottery.

I didn't realize Jrs had problems too. I'm an H Elizabeth and that causes me problems. My first name on my birth certificate but not on my passport is Helen. My passport says H Elizabeth. Someone finally got it so I could see my log-in but it was years. They would fix it and then it wouldn't work. It has/had something to do with the H as opposed to H. (the period being the key issue). I think Mary Jane and Mary Ellen have the same problems.

Thanks for all the suggestions... I have opened a new captains club in my wife's name, only hope I can manage reservations that way....

Come back and report if you have an issue. This is the way I have been managing our reservations for several years. My wife and I both have a sign in. Whenever I make a new reservation I log into my wife account and the first time Celebrity asks me if she is going to own the reservation. Only one person can own the reservation. I am able to do everything with he log in.

I am always afraid of trying it with mine because I had been correctly assuming that it has not been fixed. My understanding the problem is caused by the two different ways the Captain CLub system and the reservation system handle the Jr. Suffix.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise. It really has not been any problem for us with the "work around"

I didn't realize Jrs had problems too. I'm an H Elizabeth and that causes me problems. My first name on my birth certificate but not on my passport is Helen. My passport says H Elizabeth. Someone finally got it so I could see my log-in but it was years. They would fix it and then it wouldn't work. It has/had something to do with the H as opposed to H. (the period being the key issue). I think Mary Jane and Mary Ellen have the same problems.

The problem was that I am not a JR and their system made me a JR. I would correct it and the JR kept coming back. After the phone call the JR has not come back.

The problem was that I am not a JR and their system made me a JR. I would correct it and the JR kept coming back. After the phone call the JR has not come back.

Your problem is certainly different than ours and even more unusual. I cannot even imagine what kind of flaw would cause that kind of problem. I remember others reporting the same issue.

What is the issue?

We have sailed RCCL since 1989, Diamond, and Celebrity since 1994, Elite.

I am a 'II' i.e.; second. Yea neither system gets this, but there have not been any issues that caused me to cancel a sailing. At the end of the day, all cruises have Ben properly credited in C & A and CC. And all level perks have been given.

Opps, should have read all the way thru. You will need to call C & A and have them remove the JR since the CC system reads the info from them.

I'm also a JR in Celebrity's system. It has never caused me a problem or the desire to cancel a cruise. It has been fixed several times but always returns so I just deal with it. What I don't like, and finally started fixing on board or with the shore side concierge, is that they always have me as Mary, not Mary Lou.

Frustrating? Absolutely!

Reason to Cancel? No Friggin' Way!

Who knows, Celebrity might someday decide to deny boarding if the cruiser's ID doesn't contain the "Jr" that Celebrity's incompetent IT department added to the name. Why take such a risk?

I too have a Suffix on my name. I have a cruise booked that leaves May 7, 2017. To date they have been unable to give me access to my reservation on-line. I have called so many times about the issue I have lost count and I get the same answer each time I call. "It is a known issue and correcting it is a priority of their IT Dept." I am so frustrated by the situation that I decided for our next cruise we are going to try NCL for the first time.

I too have a Suffix on my name. I have a cruise booked that leaves May 7, 2017. To date they have been unable to give me access to my reservation on-line. I have called so many times about the issue I have lost count and I get the same answer each time I call. "It is a known issue and correcting it is a priority of their IT Dept." I am so frustrated by the situation that I decided for our next cruise we are going to try NCL for the first time.

If you are not cruising solo you can have full access to the booking by signing in with the other person's sign in. Only one person can own the booking anyway.

Trust me it is not a priority with the IT department as it has been there for a long time.

Who knows, Celebrity might someday decide to deny boarding if the cruiser's ID doesn't contain the "Jr" that Celebrity's incompetent IT department added to the name. Why take such a risk?

That's certainly possible... I would attempt to get it corrected, but not cancel. Document things well and save that to your phone, tablet, etc,. If you have cruised with Celebrity before, you know that shore-side service is less than what you can expect on-board... and we've never had a negative check-in experience. If what you fear did occur, I cannot imagine them not going all out to get it resolved at the check-in counter.

Reading all this does make me happy I am not a Jr.!!!