legit sale today! saved 125!

the board, as well as myself, regularly complains about sales not being legit. today when i saw this 3rd nite free or whatever it is,i thought it was a scam. also for over 1 hour the site wouldnt even let me do a fake booking to see the new price. turns out when the site came back it, it WAS cheaper than my FEB booking

i have the 8 nite bahamas anthem cruise booked for december and the d7 went from 2123 with 100 OBC down to 1894

so i saved 125 even after losing the OBC

my promo 250 deposit was not affected at all and she voluntarily emailed me a confirmation which i had in hand before she hung up

EASY money for probably 2 minutes on the phone and the only upsell that was attempted was for trying to get me to buy trip insurance.

today 2 points for RCL for a legit sale! i do track prices daily on a spreadsheet and will post it in december before i leave for my trip. i'm that crazy;p

oh she also asked if i used OBC to buy anything and i said no i used a CC.

Edited by luckyinpa

Great that you got a lower price. However, I suspect your price reduction has more to do with your sailing and/or category, not the fake sale. Had the fake base price for your cruise stayed the same, your price would have gone up because the previous 30% off is better than the 25% off from the 2 "free" days on an 8 day cruise.

Great that you got a lower price. However, I suspect your price reduction has more to do with your sailing and/or category, not the fake sale. Had the fake base price for your cruise stayed the same, your price would have gone up because the previous 30% off is better than the 25% off from the 2 "free" days on an 8 day cruise.

I agree Bob. All I see is Anthem cruises, CHEAP every time I go to RCI's page.

Bill

No more "legit" than any other sale. You were simply fortunate that your particular sailing happened to be less under this sale as of today than it was when you booked. As you can see from other posts, some people's cruises are HIGHER under the current sale........

what/when/where to have saved that much.

I saved a total of $1,159 on 2 of my upcoming cruises!

I made a reservation on Allure last week for January 2019. I called Saturday and had them check it against the sale price and saved $679.50 on that one. So I had them check my upcoming June cruise on Liberty since I wasn't to final payment date yet and saved $384 on it. I have a b2b on Sernade next January. The first is a 3 night cruise and I saved $96 on it. When they checked the second cruise which is for 10 days, the sale price was a little higher. I guess I just called at the right time! :D

I also have 2 more reservations, one in November this year and one in May next year but in both of those we have the only cabin in the category so they couldn't do anything with those.

I checked my 14 booked cruises the first few minutes after the new "fake" sale started...

I saved $47 on one cruise....

The rest went up between $17 and $741.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I wound up a little better myself on this promotion and already got the price change. Base price same, but with promotion (not combinable with C&A) saved $139 overall on 9 night cruise. TA kept my OBC the same ($200), so I didn't lose anything. $139 isn't going to make me rich, but I'll take it.