Rhapsody of the Seas for sale?

You are probably safe, though a ship is likely to leave the fleet in 2019 with the arrival of Passion.

OOOOooooo Passion? Had not heard that name yet! Sounds romantic!! :D:hearteyes:

Though I think the name "Pulse of the Seas" is a little odd. So we will also call them POS!!? :eek: ;)

Eh, not worried if they cancel my cruise with Rhapsody. I am congenial with hopping onto another ship for replacement cruise, but will dearly miss yet another favorite Vision class ship that would be leaving the fleet. :(

Edited by island lady

I'm not sure why so many bad posts on Majesty. After I booked I was half afraid to go based on comments but found her in very good shape. Yes, she is small but I kind of like small. I can never imagine going on an Oasis class ship. I like to see the sea!

I'm not sure why so many bad posts on Majesty. After I booked I was half afraid to go based on comments but found her in very good shape. Yes, she is small but I kind of like small. I can never imagine going on an Oasis class ship. I like to see the sea!

Having never experienced MJ (though had been on departed sister ship Monarch many times) we cruised with her this month for the first time just to do it at least once. Yes, small (we knew that and also like small) but her crew was great and we had a good time. Go on her again? Probably not. IMHO too many venues missing that we have become accustomed to, plus now we find the 3/4 night cruises are just too short.

Did not think we would like Oasis again (since we found her a bit too big for our tastes the first time) but since she is now our local ship...we cruised with her again early this year. Really had a good time, and have now booked another cruise with her for next year.

No way you can really judge a ship unless you experience it first hand. Radiance and Vision class still our favorites. :)

• 4 months later...
Why does a ship have to leave the fleet when a new one is launched? Is there a shortage of officers and crew?

Doesn't have to leave. For years RC had 22 ships in the fleet, now they have 24. I suspect their bean counters have to look at the big picture and whether there are itineraries for the smaller ships where they can still make enough money to make it worthwhile to keep them.

Doesn't have to leave. For years RC had 22 ships in the fleet, now they have 24. I suspect their bean counters have to look at the big picture and whether there are itineraries for the smaller ships where they can still make enough money to make it worthwhile to keep them.

Pity. Some of the home ports, like Baltimore, will only accommodate a smaller ship. Baltimore is so convenient. :)

There's only 4 Vision class ships left and with two more going on the block choices are dwindling.

Pity. Some of the home ports, like Baltimore, will only accommodate a smaller ship. Baltimore is so convenient. :)

There's only 4 Vision class ships left and with two more going on the block choices are dwindling.

I'm still not convinced there are more Vision ships for sale.

I'm still not convinced there are more Vision ships for sale.

Gosh I hope they don't sell any more either. In the best of worlds, I would love to see them sell MJ instead...and keep Rhapsody to

do the 3/4 here in PC. Already down 2 of the 6 sweet sisters...sad to see them go. :(

Gosh I hope they don't sell any more either. In the best of worlds, I would love to see them sell MJ instead...and keep Rhapsody to

do the 3/4 here in PC. Already down 2 of the 6 sweet sisters...sad to see them go. :(

I don't fancy MJ and your suggestion about Rhapsody would certainly interest us to come back to Cape Canaveral.

With only mega ships on the menu, I hope not, as we really dislike the BIG ships. But when the cost of maintenance/old deco/cabins(not meeting expectation of cruisers on the ship gets potentially tooo high most likely she will have to go.

I don't fancy MJ and your suggestion about Rhapsody would certainly interest us to come back to Cape Canaveral.

Yeah...Island Lady's perfect world PC home port ships:

Oasis the same.

Vision class back again for 3/4 night, replacing MJ.

Voyager class (or even more perfect...Radiance class!) for 10/11 night cruises.

Sigh...wish I had that magic wand. :o

Yeah...Island Lady's perfect world PC home port ships:

Oasis the same.

Vision class back again for 3/4 night, replacing MJ.

Voyager class (or even more perfect...Radiance class!) for 10/11 night cruises.

Sigh...wish I had that magic wand. :o

Flying from the UK, Orlando airport with daily flights is by far the easiest destination for us so extra cruises from CC would be a great option for us.

• 5 months later...
Just booked for November 2019 Rhapsody transatlantic. No sailings shown three weeks prior to that does anybody know where she could be?

We're hoping those preceeding sailings get filled in soon. I read that the sailings following the TA have been released.