Rhapsody of the Seas for sale?

I am willing to bet the older Grandeur is next to be sold, not Rhapsody.

RCL has been pretty stable with her sales in order of age ie. Sovereign, then Monarch, then Majesty (which the "sale" to Pulmantur was cancelled), then Splendour, then Legend. All in order of age. Maybe they'll move Vision over the Baltimore.

Grandeur was also advertised for sale about 3-4 years ago in a photo on this forum, but ended up being Splendour at the time about 6 months (?? I think about 6 months?) after the photo was posted.

Legend (1995) is older than Splendour (1996), and Splendour was sold first.

AMEN~ I wish they would just get rid of the not very majestic Majesty. It's such an inferior ship to all the other RCI ships with no specialty restaurants, no CL or DL, no solarium. Just stupid to get rid of the Rhapsody and keep the out dated Majesty.:mad:

Totally agree. Majesty was originally sold, then they cancelled the sale, and even worse...bought back the Empress!! ;p Now they are selling the newer Vision ships. Does not make sense at all. Still holding out the hope that Empress and Majesty will start to sail as "bus routes" from Miami (new terminal) to Cuba. Then replace Majesty with one of the mid size ships. Would be great to bring back Enchantment. Miss her

bunches.

Here goes the proverbial monkey wrench... your cruise is paid in full let's say by the royal caribbean charge card. So now you have points from this cruise. And let's say royal sells the ship. And you choose a refund. What happens to said points from payment from cruise???

Here goes the proverbial monkey wrench... your cruise is paid in full let's say by the royal caribbean charge card. So now you have points from this cruise. And let's say royal sells the ship. And you choose a refund. What happens to said points from payment from cruise???

You will lose the points when the credit goes back onto the credit card.

Totally agree. Majesty was originally sold, then they cancelled the sale, and even worse...bought back the Empress!! ;p Now they are selling the newer Vision ships. Does not make sense at all. Still holding out the hope that Empress and Majesty will start to sail as "bus routes" from Miami (new terminal) to Cuba. Then replace Majesty with one of the mid size ships. Would be great to bring back Enchantment. Miss her

bunches.

I miss the Enchantment too. We thought we died and went to heaven when she arrived! Then the major bait and switch with the Majesty saying there would be all kinds of upgrades..not.:mad:. I keep hoping and praying Enchantment will return!

We love the smaller ships that Royal has. Freedom was too crowded and we have not sailed on Quantum or Oasis class. Don't know what we will do when all the smaller ships are sold. Voyager is only a few years newer than Grandeur and Rhapsody, having been put into service in 1999 versus 1996 and 1997. Even the Radiance class are only 4 or so years newer. The behemoths cannot get into too many ports and I doubt that the poor Caribbean Islands have the money to dredge their harbors and build new piers for these huge ships. So, they just have limited itineraries. Was looking at a family cruise for Oasis ( our adult sons want to try it) and the ports are not that impressive. Only so many they can go to. Not sure they can go to the ABC Islands. Many will suggest going to the luxury cruise lines, but the prices are so much more that we can't afford them.

Just for the record, Celebrity has 2 Millenium class ships for sale as well, Millenium and Constellation. I was hoping they would keep those as it is my understanding that they could fit into the Baltimore harbor.

I miss the Enchantment too. We thought we died and went to heaven when she arrived! Then the major bait and switch with the Majesty saying there would be all kinds of upgrades..not.:mad:. I keep hoping and praying Enchantment will return!

Me too!! Please, RCI...bring our sweet Enchantment back home to PC where she belongs! Was NOT a good trade off giving us MJ in her place. :mad:

I know that they aren't small ships, but for those who enjoy the elegance of the Vision and Radiance Class, check out the Quantum Class. The area down the Via and Two70 is stunning.

Legend (1995) is older than Splendour (1996), and Splendour was sold first.

Ugh! Great catch... my bad. Had to recheck my file of ships. Thx :)

Interesting to note that Voyager is only a year older than Vision... I wonder when Edge Class comes along (and Quantum IV & V, and Oasis V & VI) if they'll try to sell of Voyager (1999) & Explorer(2000) rather than Radiance (2001)... interesting times the next few years with all the massive new builds coming on line. These boards will explode if/when a Voyager or Radiance Class gets sold :eek::mad:

Ugh! Great catch... my bad. Had to recheck my file of ships. Thx :)

Interesting to note that Voyager is only a year older than Vision... I wonder when Edge Class comes along (and Quantum IV & V, and Oasis V & VI) if they'll try to sell of Voyager (1999) & Explorer(2000) rather than Radiance (2001)... interesting times the next few years with all the massive new builds coming on line. These boards will explode if/when a Voyager or Radiance Class gets sold :eek::mad:

None of the Voyager Class are going anywhere any time soon, and the Radiance Class still have a good bit of juice left in them, IMO.

As far as I am concerned, once Cuba can accommodate a larger ship, goodbye Empress again.

PLENTY of other ships to be sold in the next 5-8 years.

None of the Voyager Class are going anywhere any time soon, and the Radiance Class still have a good bit of juice left in them, IMO.

PLENTY of other ships to be sold in the next 5-8 years.

That is far enough ahead that Icon class ships will be coming off the assembly line, never mind the addition of Q and O class ships in the mean time. Some older Radiance and Voyager class ships likely go then.

That is far enough ahead that Icon class ships will be coming off the assembly line, never mind the addition of Q and O class ships in the mean time. Some older Radiance and Voyager class ships likely go then.

I'll be sad when Explorer goes, that ship holds a place in my heart.

We will see what happens, after all, this is still many years in the future and we do have 4 Visions, Majesty and Empress to go first.

Want to take an Alaska cruise one day, so hopefully EX sticks around there.

What ships will get the axe will depend on the overall ROI of the business of running a ship. Lower fuel costs now is significant but could get unbalanced if they rise too high/too fast as it relates to the engine efficency. More people packed on a larger ship with newer engines and technology may make the delta on the ROI too big to ignore older ships vs. newer. "Progress" meets resistance initally but porgress wins over time.

For us in Southern Florida it was ;)

Yeah...you guys made out!! You get the new Harmony and Symphony plus still keeping Allure, then we get the "old" Oasis up here. We dearly miss Freedom also. Port Canaveral: Hand me down central. :cool:

Me too!! Please, RCI...bring our sweet Enchantment back home to PC where she belongs! Was NOT a good trade off giving us MJ in her place. :mad:

I know :mad: !

I haven't done a Bahamas cruise since she left. With so many other options of newer ships and resorts, I wouldn't even consider Majesty for a weekend cruise. That class of ship felt old and outdated nearly 20 years ago when we took our first cruise!

I'd love to have a Vision or Voyager class ship doing those runs, I'd be on one a few times a year, but not Majesty. Yuck.

Yeah...you guys made out!! You get the new Harmony and Symphony plus still keeping Allure, then we get the "old" Oasis up here. We dearly miss Freedom also. Port Canaveral: Hand me down central. :cool:

You do realize Oasis is only a year older than Allure

I know that they aren't small ships, but for those who enjoy the elegance of the Vision and Radiance Class, check out the Quantum Class. The area down the Via and Two70 is stunning.

I can´t share you Sentiments. Quantum class does not even come Close to Vision and Radiance class ships.

Unfortunately IMO the Quantum Class is the worst ships design I´ve seen from RCI. :(

I can´t share you Sentiments. Quantum class does not even come Close to Vision and Radiance class ships.

Unfortunately IMO the Quantum Class is the worst ships design I´ve seen from RCI. :(

Actually, the Quantum Class isn't for me.

The areas I mentioned are fantastic, but like you said the design is a bit strange.

I hate the Royal Esplanade and the way it is designed and to me, it doesn't feel very Royal Caribbean.

I also had a few other issues and will not sail the Anthem again.

However, if they update the 4th and 5th Quantum Class ships and add some things like slides etc, I may return to one as there were many things I did enjoy (North Star, Indoor Pools, Bumper Cars etc).