Add a room mate later

Yes..Taxes and port fees were refunded automatically to my credit card within a week of ending the cruise...this was easy no one said a word to us at check in or on the ship about our no shows. Financially I only lost a few hundred bucks...well worth it to me to keep these cabins and the extra room it gave us and to keep us all together.

I agree, and I think this sort of thing will happen more often as they designate more staterooms with minimum occupancy of 3 or more.

As a solo, and yes I'm paying 200%, I changed from a 5 night Bermuda to a 9 night New England/Canada mainly because I could get the specific stateroom I wanted. Assuming that I make no changes to the reservation, do I understand that RCI could just move me to another stateroom? Even after final payment?

Yes..Taxes and port fees were refunded automatically to my credit card within a week of ending the cruise...this was easy no one said a word to us at check in or on the ship about our no shows. Financially I only lost a few hundred bucks...well worth it to me to keep these cabins and the extra room it gave us and to keep us all together.

It was refunded back to the credit card that paid for the cruise? I ask because we have two rooms booked and I know one of the people in the other room will be a no show, but I made the payment on both cabins so I am just wondering if it will be my credit card even though it is not my room.

You could do that, but you take the chance that they will move you.

We booked a 2 and 3 person balcony on Harmony because of uncertainty of one family member of four. All were able to go so we were able to drop the third person(TBD) off and not lose our stateroom when the ship was sold out. Prior to that it was a no go without rebooking. Not an option for us, because the cost would have more than we paid for our original 3 person balcony. Would have sailed with a no show at pier then.

It was refunded back to the credit card that paid for the cruise? I ask because we have two rooms booked and I know one of the people in the other room will be a no show, but I made the payment on both cabins so I am just wondering if it will be my credit card even though it is not my room.

Yes...It's the credit card used to pay off the final balance...I was in neither of the cabins involved but I paid for the cabins on my cc. so it was mine that got the refund.

Sorry this isn't correct...I have booked my single adult DS many times into a cabin for 2 (never sure if he would want to bring a friend or not...the price always ended up being less since I book so far in advance. and booked the other passenger as a "TBD" the most recent cruise I did this on was for our HOTS when we cruised last month....but won't have to worry about doing that anymore he's now engaged. Perhaps policy has recently changed but I doubt it...call and speak to another rep.

It isn't correct? I was also told that I could not book "tbd" and that I had to provide a name at the time I booked a future cruise when I sailed on Royal this past January. I questioned the rep but he insisted that a name had to be given.

Then again he also claimed he could not find the cabin category with the price I found directly from Royal's site for that future booking. I was not going to book the higher priced cabins he offered. Eventually he somehow found exactly what I had found but he could not offer a reason as to why it took him multiple attempts to find it.:rolleyes:

Question: what happens to the rate when a cabin booked for two ends up being one? I know the single has to pay double rate, minus taxes, but would they have to reprice trip at current rates? We have a friend who is going to cruise with us and might bring a friend, might not. If he books two and comes alone, does he get to keep pricing? Or could he end up paying a lot more than current single pricing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It isn't correct? I was also told that I could not book "tbd" and that I had to provide a name at the time I booked a future cruise when I sailed on Royal this past January. I questioned the rep but he insisted that a name had to be given.

Then again he also claimed he could not find the cabin category with the price I found directly from Royal's site for that future booking. I was not going to book the higher priced cabins he offered. Eventually he somehow found exactly what I had found but he could not offer a reason as to why it took him multiple attempts to find it.:rolleyes:

I just recently booked 3 place holder cruises onboard HOTS and as I sat there (and couldn't help overhearing) I was surprised at the misinformation be given by the reps. onboard. :eek:

Unless things have recently changed you can put TBD at least for the 2ndvand subsequent passengrrs. I did this for a cruise last August. Put the actual name in about a month before the cruise.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Forgive my ignorance. What is a "placeholder cruise"?

A specific cruise booked onboard in order get the benefits of booking onboard, but one in which the ship and/or sail date is intended to be changed.

Forgive my ignorance. What is a "placeholder cruise"?

I booked cruises onboard for the OBC that I had no intention of taking..because the schedules for what I wanted hadn't been released yet. Sad that this is the only way since the OBC for NCC's/FCC's (next cruise certificates aka future cruise certificates) has been so diminished by RCI...I used to buy the maximum number of NCC's per person while onboard..but not any longer.

I hate taking up space but no choice.