Changes to Jr Suite perk? (Priority boarding)

Hello all! I just got off NoS. While booking my next sailing at Nextcruise, I asked what are the perks for Jr Suite on Allure? Are they the same, Priority boarding, etc? The staff told me Jr Suites do not have priority boarding. I said are you sure, because I boarded on this ship as priority, and they both (manager included) insisted no there is no priority boarding fleetwide for Jr Suite guests. Am I missing something here? Did something change??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is odd. On our set sail pass, it just shows "suite" on it. So we've always gotten priority during check in.

That being said, if this is about boarding before 11am, I've never been there for that.

Hello all! I just got off NoS. While booking my next sailing at Nextcruise, I asked what are the perks for Jr Suite on Allure? Are they the same, Priority boarding, etc? The staff told me Jr Suites do not have priority boarding. I said are you sure, because I boarded on this ship as priority, and they both (manager included) insisted no there is no priority boarding fleetwide for Jr Suite guests. Am I missing something here? Did something change??

This unfortunately isn't correct....sad that the reps onboard don't have correct info. On my most recent cruise on Harmony last month I was amazed as I sat in the next cruise booking area waiting to book a few cruises at the wrong info being given to people...but it wasn't my place to speak up :eek:

We've always received priority boarding for JS at Port Everglades for Oasis and Allure.

This unfortunately isn't correct....sad that the reps onboard don't have correct info. On my most recent cruise on Harmony last month I was amazed as I sat in the next cruise booking area waiting to book a few cruises at the wrong info being given to people...but it wasn't my place to speak up :eek:

I was amazed at all the misguided information given to passengers by the "next cruise" employees. It was all about get them in and out in under 20 mins....

One example

I corrected the salesperson at the table next to ours about where a cabin was located on the ship he was trying to sell to a cruise novice couple. He was looking at an old ship deck plan instead of new refurbished deck plan. He insisted it was right.....so I just shut my mouth and finished a booking for my mother in law.

Seen a lot of misinformation given out many times.....not on purpose, but I feel they are rushed to get to the next people waiting.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

My JS Set Sail pass I printed out last week shows Suite!

Got to be careful w/ those next cruise personnel. One stuck us on a balcony room that so small, it was unusable. That's why DH won't consider an itinerary onboard. They won't let us study the deck plans enough prior to booking.

My JS Set Sail pass I printed out last week shows Suite!

Got to be careful w/ those next cruise personnel. One stuck us on a balcony room that so small, it was unusable. That's why DH won't consider an itinerary onboard. They won't let us study the deck plans enough prior to booking.

Why don't you do your homework first? Go to one of the computer terminals and study the RC site. It's free and a good way to be knowledgeable about the cruise or cruises you wish to consider. You already know what you want when heading to Next Cruise and it makes their life easier. I do this all the time and I'm usually out of there in 10 minutes if the computers are actually functioning properly! Just a thought...

Teri

When I know I plan to book onboard, I go to web site/ships/deck plans and print the "printable deck plan" for the cruise I hope to book. I know in advance which cabin/cabins I am interested in and have my deck plan in hand. Makes it simpler for all.

When I know I plan to book onboard, I go to web site/ships/deck plans and print the "printable deck plan" for the cruise I hope to book. I know in advance which cabin/cabins I am interested in and have my deck plan in hand. Makes it simpler for all.
Good idea! Probably only need deck plans for each class of ship.

We prefer open bookings, and they'd taken those off the table . . .

In the Diamond Lounge on Liberty, we learned they have two computer systems. One select members of the crew uses for official business, and the other that passengers and crew pay extra for.

On Liberty, none of the computer in the next cruise office were for passengers to research new cruises. Next cruise people would look up the cruise on their laptops and make a printout if needed which too forever. At no point did they let us look at the screens on the laptops. The salesman was trying to make an Aqua Class (Celebrity) sound like a suite. And it wasn't until I asked him for square feet that I realized he wasn't selling us the suite.

• 6 months later...

I realize this is an old thread. I was told by a rcl rep that jr suites on harmony do not get priority boarding. I was wondering if that is correct. We have always been allowed priority boarding when in a jr suite. Any recent experiences on the harmony would be appreciated. Thank you.

I realize this is an old thread. I was told by a rcl rep that jr suites on harmony do not get priority boarding. I was wondering if that is correct. We have always been allowed priority boarding when in a jr suite. Any recent experiences on the harmony would be appreciated. Thank you.

We used priority boarding in a JS on our Harmony cruise in August.

As previous poster mentioned....your set sail pass just states "suite". Staff at check in would have to know the layout of every cabin number to figure out if you were in a JS versus GS and above.

However, once your card is issued, it will be obvious from the color of the card when you

go to "ding" to board at security.

Our set sail pass does not say suite it says sea class. That is why I was wondering if something had changed with priority boarding.

Hmmm...that is indeed interesting. Mine still stated "suite" for my set sail pass in a JS. Agree....perhaps changes happening. :confused: