Does Carnival have ships like Oasis class RCL

SweetsugarNL

In facilities / food options way.

Bigger isn't always better. While the ship is a marvel and there maybe a couple of more food options, we found the food better on Carnival. We also felt nickel and dimed on the Oasis. I can give examples if you want.

Sent from my iPhone

Bigger isn't always better. While the ship is a marvel and there maybe a couple of more food options, we found the food better on Carnival. We also felt nickel and dimed on the Oasis. I can give examples if you want.

Sent from my iPhone

Yes please.

Nope Carnival does not have anything that compares to RCL's Oasis class from a size standpoint. My first cruise was actually on the Oasis, and I have taken 4 Carnival cruises since then. I can honestly say none of the Carnival ships compared to Oasis, the about of deck space was truly amazing and made it easy to get a chair no matter what time it was. Oasis' adult only Solarium is super nice too, I went to and stuck with Carnival due to their price point and overall experience though.

Obviously never been on the Vista.

I have. Vista is a nice ship. I love the more modern design that started with Breeze.

But let's face it. It's just the latest release of another super Conquest design, but with more bells and whistles on board.

I agree with Havingfun2010. When it comes to innovative ship designs, Carnival can't touch RCI.

I have. Vista is a nice ship. I love the more modern design that started with Breeze.

But let's face it. It's just the latest release of another super Conquest design, but with more bells and whistles on board.

I agree with Havingfun2010. When it comes to innovative ship designs, Carnival can't touch RCI.

It's not a matter of CAN'T. Carnival makes their decisions about the designs of their ships consciously just like all the other cruise lines. Royal Caribbean hasn't done anything that can't be done by another business. Other businesses choose not to. And that's a good thing. There's enough ships and variety out there sailing that everyone can pick what they like.

My point was there are activities on board the Vista that no other Carnival ship has. I'm no cheerleader, not by a long shot. However, there are some posters on the Carnival site who have absolutely NOTHING positive to say about the line. Their mission seems to be to steer prospective cruisers away from Carnival and toward any other line.

I think you read something out of context here. The question was if CCL had anything like Oasis. The answers remains no. That's just fact. It has nothing to do with preferences, cheerleading or any other crap like that.

I would gladly sail Oasis or Vista any day but the fact remains, they're nothing alike in design.

Yes please.

So, here a couple of things we experienced on our Oasis cruise. First, as some have mentioned, cruises on Oasis class ship are more of the destination than a cruise to destinations. Not necessarily a bad thing, but fairly unique in the market place. Second and this will be debated once I post it here, our cruise required a lot of planning, much like a Disney trip. Which night to this show or that event. Making reservations (another unique feature) and then having to living to those plans as opposed to spur of the moment.

In regards to the nickel and diming (despite the oh please comment), I went to get a couple of bags of popcorn for the outside movie for some kids traveling with us. These bags were about the size of a baggie and I was shocked when they asked for my card and found out they cost $3.50 each. Johnny Rockets was $7.95 a person (they call it a seating charge but you have to pay whatever they call it), room service after hours has a fee (might be all the time now, not sure). Pina Colada was $14.50. In wind jammer for breakfast they advertise fresh orange juice at $3.95. If you want to read my review (which I this was pretty objective and I posted it both on this thread and RCI thread, let me know and I will send you the link).

So, here a couple of things we experienced on our Oasis cruise. First, as some have mentioned, cruises on Oasis class ship are more of the destination than a cruise to destinations. Not necessarily a bad thing, but fairly unique in the market place. Second and this will be debated once I post it here, our cruise required a lot of planning, much like a Disney trip. Which night to this show or that event. Making reservations (another unique feature) and then having to living to those plans as opposed to spur of the moment.

In regards to the nickel and diming (despite the oh please comment), I went to get a couple of bags of popcorn for the outside movie for some kids traveling with us. These bags were about the size of a baggie and I was shocked when they asked for my card and found out they cost $3.50 each. Johnny Rockets was $7.95 a person (they call it a seating charge but you have to pay whatever they call it), room service after hours has a fee (might be all the time now, not sure). Pina Colada was $14.50. In wind jammer for breakfast they advertise fresh orange juice at $3.95. If you want to read my review (which I this was pretty objective and I posted it both on this thread and RCI thread, let me know and I will send you the link).

All cruise lines nickel and dime. I found Carnival "seemed" to do it less, but that's because the Carnival ship we were on (Glory) had FAR fewer options as Oasis. Sure, Johnny Rockets has an upcharge - but it's not comparable to Guys.... Wipeout Cafe would be more comparable and it's free. Johnny Rockets is a sit down establishment with service, Guys is a walk up counter. Point being, we didn't feel nickel and dimed on Oasis at all, since there were so many complimentary options everywhere. We did enjoy a couple of upcharge meals which were nominal. But there are MORE options on Oasis, so yeah, some have upcharges. But I do agree that there was a sense of "no upcharges at all" on our Glory cruise.

I don't mind the planning with Oasis and prefer the reservations option. The line all the way down the promenade for the comedy show on Carnival was less than ideal.... With reservations, you just walk right up, right in, and plenty of good seating. If you don't want a reservation, for every single show on Oasis, we found there was still adequate seating if you showed up as stand-by just before the show starts for everything other than the small comedy club. I'm not sure how you can consider this a negative... it's great being able to avoid lines and waiting if you want to!

I have cruised Oasis and will be on Carnival Liberty this October. I think there are obvious differences between Oasis class ships and Carnival ships in general. I absolutely loved sailing on the Oasis but that is not keeping me from sailing a smaller Carnival ship this year. In regards to being nickel and dimed on Oasis, I did not feel that at all. At least no more than any other ship I've been on. RCCL charges for room service after hours (midnight I think?) and Carnival charges for many items now on their room service menu so to me that's a wash. As for the popcorn, I didn't purchase any so I cannot say but you pay for it at the movies so I don't see that as a big deal either. For drinks, they all seem ridiculously high to me but the only one I paid that much for was the piña colada in the hollowed out pineapple.

I think the other posters are correct, Carnival does not have a ship in the same class/size as Oasis but that isn't necessarily a bad thing, just a fact. The sheer size of Oasis made it impossible for us to get everything done in one week that the ship had to offer but I do have to say that I liked the reservation system. Making reservations ahead of time meant that we never had to wait and hope there was a seat. They just scanned our sea pass and we went right in. Now with those things said, I am really looking forward to sailing on the smaller Liberty this fall as every ship has something special to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums