Cuba

Which cruise line? If you are talking Carnival, doubt anyone has done it yet...First sailing June 30. NCL Sky, not sure if they have started yet, but check the NCL board. RCCL Empress of the Seas will start soon, too. EM

I live in Boston and have not heard of a cruise, open to the public (not a charter) from Bostgon to Cuba. If there is such a cruise, I suspect, it might be NCL.

I've not heard of any such planned cruise either. Most of the planned ones that I have heard of are Cuba destination only with no other ports of call, shorter duration such as 4 - 5 nights, and originate from Florida. A Boston based cruise would likely need to be 8 - 9 night and include other ports of call.

I live in Boston and have not heard of a cruise, open to the public (not a charter) from Bostgon to Cuba. If there is such a cruise, I suspect, it might be NCL.

Nowhere in the Ops post do they say they're looking at a cruise out of Boston.

Could anyone please tell me about the 4 day cruise to Cuba?

Thank you

Is that 4 days in Cuba or 4 days total. In both cases, they are lousy choices. We spent 14 days in Cuba on a land trip and it was not enough. I have not been impressed w any of the cruises to Cuba. A waste of time in my opinion.

DON

Is that 4 days in Cuba or 4 days total. In both cases, they are lousy choices. We spent 14 days in Cuba on a land trip and it was not enough. I have not been impressed w any of the cruises to Cuba. A waste of time in my opinion.

DON

I think you could make that statement about any itinerary. Very few cruise itineraries have more than a day in a port of call - the Bermuda itineraries with 2 - 3 days being an exception. I guess the intent is to provide a taste of what is there.

What do you think the "She is from boston references?"

Um, hello, maybe that she is from Boston?

I'm from Miami. If I ask about a Hawaiian cruise, does that mean it has to be out of Miami?

The Op asked about a 4 day Cuba cruise. They didn't say anything about it being out of Boston.

Could anyone please tell me about the 4 day cruise to Cuba?

Thank you

You're going to have to narrow that one down. Royal Caribbean, Carnival, NCL and Azamara all have 4 day Cuba cruises going out of either Tampa or Miami. Which one are you looking at and what is it that you want to know?

Um, hello, maybe that she is from Boston?

I'm from Miami. If I ask about a Hawaiian cruise, does that mean it has to be out of Miami?

The Op asked about a 4 day Cuba cruise. They didn't say anything about it being out of Boston.

Thanks. I was a little bewildered by that too. :confused:

Agree with the OP. A cruise is a very poor way to see Cuba. Spend a week or two on a land vacation.

It is a wonderful country with very friendly people. Now is the time to go before it become just another Caribbean destination.

You're going to have to narrow that one down. Royal Caribbean, Carnival, NCL and Azamara all have 4 day Cuba cruises going out of either Tampa or Miami. Which one are you looking at and what is it that you want to know?

Thanks. I was a little bewildered by that too. :confused:[/quote ] Did you notice OP"s name and didn't make any connection to Boston? I dont' know what the connection is but Boston has to have some relevance, I'm guessing Can't say I think it bewildering.

Edited by sail7seas

Agree with the OP. A cruise is a very poor way to see Cuba. Spend a week or two on a land vacation.

It is a wonderful country with very friendly people. Now is the time to go before it become just another Caribbean destination.

According to my brother who has been there on 3 land trips most recently about a year ago, it is already too late. Fortunately, we were there about 2 years ago before the travel restrictions were lifted. We were there for 15 days. Another thing is that most of the short trips spend more time in Havana than the rest of the country. The rest of the country is the more interesting and real Cuba.

I do agree that the place is a wonderful place to visit with very friendly people.

DON

• 4 weeks later...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2493583

I can't make it a clicky, I don't know why. BUT this couple went on the FIRST Norwegian cruise to Cuba on May 1, 2017. They detailed, step by step, with photos and information of how to get off the ship, how long it takes, where to exchange money, how they toured and where, etc. There is a TON of info. NCL right now has the longest time in Havana. 1 1/2 days. Arrive 7am Tues. and leave 5pm Weds.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2493583

I can't make it a clicky, I don't know why. BUT this couple went on the FIRST Norwegian cruise to Cuba on May 1, 2017. They detailed, step by step, with photos and information of how to get off the ship, how long it takes, where to exchange money, how they toured and where, etc. There is a TON of info. NCL right now has the longest time in Havana. 1 1/2 days. Arrive 7am Tues. and leave 5pm Weds.

While informative, the OP when they asked the question a month ago was interested in cruises departing out of Boston - not Florida - for Cuba. There are several cruise lines visiting Cuba now our of FL, but none that I am aware of that do so from Boston.

While informative, the OP when they asked the question a month ago was interested in cruises departing out of Boston - not Florida - for Cuba. There are several cruise lines visiting Cuba now our of FL, but none that I am aware of that do so from Boston.

I'm sorry but nowhere did the OP ask about leaving out of Boston. That misconception has been bandied about already. It just states that she is from Boston.

While informative, the OP when they asked the question a month ago was interested in cruises departing out of Boston - not Florida - for Cuba.

Where did they ask for cruises from Boston ?

I believe you are confusing their screen name with embarkation port

Where did they ask for cruises from Boston ?

I believe you are confusing their screen name with embarkation port

You are correct - guilty as charged. And unfortunately the OP never returned to their thread after the initial question to clarify or respond to anyone's post.

Hasn't visited CC since then, unless she didn't sign in. EM

They are a new poster and it seams as though some first timers respond to literally every post on their thread while others are more "hit and run" and never acknowledge anyone's response. Hopefully we were able to help - even if some of us were confused - but we may never know. :)

Maybe that is the bett way( or even only way) for someone, particularfly, a solo senior citizen to see anything of Cub a and be happy to do so.

I did a huge abmount of travleing for many years with my late DH. I am now a widow and have to adjusT the way, I travel, what is safe and comfortable for me to do. If I want to see anything of Cuba, an ruise from Boston appeals to me, please think beyond the usual, two by two trravel and realize forms of travel that work for some do not work for all and don't knock what others choose.

I much prefer to wish them happy, safe travel than to tell them what is wrong with thieir choice.

Maybe that is the bett way( or even only way) for someone, particularfly, a solo senior citizen to see anything of Cub a and be happy to do so.

I did a huge abmount of travleing for many years with my late DH. I am now a widow and have to adjusT the way, I travel, what is safe and comfortable for me to do. If I want to see anything of Cuba, an ruise from Boston appeals to me, please think beyond the usual, two by two trravel and realize forms of travel that work for some do not work for all and don't knock what others choose.

I much prefer to wish them happy, safe travel than to tell them what is wrong with thieir choice.

Well said.