Worried about food

mondas42

DaiB , with respect, we think you are one of those people that do not allow others to express their views, but you seem to be here on this board expressing your views all the time.

We think it is good that you can express your view(s), you could agree or not with the others, that's your prerogative, but you should not try and shut other people up when they write their own views. Remember, mutual respects, that's what is required by CruiseCritic to posters on this Board !!! Just a thought.

Well said everyone has the right to praise or critisise without being ostracized about their opinion.

I personally sail less on P&O these days but have done 93 nights and bar the buffet lacking hot meat choice i have never been disappointed just don't want to sail through the Bay of Biscay.

43 cruises and counting.

Very noticablebthat the moans come from the same group of people who have a history of finding fault with P&O. One wonders if they look for problems. Just one long moan really. Do they also moan about the miners on the ship. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

You can be quite exasperating sometimes Dai, people who raise concerns about P&O's food and service standards are not moaners, we are concerned passengers wanting a good holiday,we do not want to complain but when we feel standards are slipping we want to be able to raise these concerns without being jumped on for raising them, or chastised by the P&O cheer-leading mafia.

You can be quite exasperating sometimes Dai, people who raise concerns about P&O's food and service standards are not moaners, we are concerned passengers wanting a good holiday,we do not want to complain but when we feel standards are slipping we want to be able to raise these concerns without being jumped on for raising them, or chastised by the P&O cheer-leading mafia.

True but if you say too much your posts get pulled.

43 cruises and counting.

I've only just come back to the P&O boards as

I have a cruise booked on Azura next month, but I have to agree that it seems Dai cannot accept any criticism of his beloved P&O.

Is it the only line you have cruised with Dai?

I have a cruise booked on Azura next month, but I have to agree that it seems Dai cannot accept any criticism of his beloved P&O.

Thats what i was thinking.

43 cruises and counting.

It's a few years since we stopped using the buffet and now we like the bigger ships because of the variety of select venues where the quality is better. We'll probably use the MDR for the 4 formals on our next cruise on Britannia but on other nights it will be the Beach House, Limelight and Glass House

Funnily enough, that's pretty much what we have ended up doing. On formal nights with gala dinners we use the MDR. Other nights we tend to major on the Select Dining restaurants. Personally, I don't find the MDR meals to be that bad, just rather underwhelming. And the service can be patchy, as the very best waiting staff tend to be allocated to the select dining restaurants these days. When I am paying many thousands of pounds for a hard earned holiday, I don't want 'underwhelming', I want top notch and if I have to pay a bit more for it then I would rather do so. This approach has been easy to do on Britannia as all the Select Dining restaurant's are fantastic, but Epicurean and Beach House on Ventura recently were nowhere near as good (it was a short cruise though). We have a number of cruises booked on Aurora and due to the duration of the cruises and the comparative lack of Select Dining options on that ship we will be eating in the MDR a lot more. Fingers crossed.

The Epicurean on Britannia was an extreme disappointment as we were expecting fine dining with fine service. That it wasn't, their menu was so restrictive, why put Chateaubriand on the menu with no other meat choice and say for 2 only. My wife only eats fish so little or no choice for me. Suggest their take the Celebrity approach, whatever the customer wants they can have (obviously within reason). Their Murano restaurant will knock spots off any restaurant aboard Britannia and they are there too please. Wake up P&O, your customer deserve better.

Well what an excellent post that was this morning all the moaners duly obliged. Every one then had a go at me. Not allowing me my opinion. Everyone can have theirs but not me. Very good.

The only saying anything negative about the food are a small group who have a history of putting P&O down.

Funnily enough, that's pretty much what we have ended up doing. On formal nights with gala dinners we use the MDR. Other nights we tend to major on the Select Dining restaurants. Personally, I don't find the MDR meals to be that bad, just rather underwhelming. And the service can be patchy, as the very best waiting staff tend to be allocated to the select dining restaurants these days. When I am paying many thousands of pounds for a hard earned holiday, I don't want 'underwhelming', I want top notch and if I have to pay a bit more for it then I would rather do so. This approach has been easy to do on Britannia as all the Select Dining restaurant's are fantastic, but Epicurean and Beach House on Ventura recently were nowhere near as good (it was a short cruise though). We have a number of cruises booked on Aurora and due to the duration of the cruises and the comparative lack of Select Dining options on that ship we will be eating in the MDR a lot more. Fingers crossed.

The Epicurean on Britannia was an extreme disappointment as we were expecting fine dining with fine service. That it wasn't, their menu was so restrictive, why put Chateaubriand on the menu with no other meat choice and say for 2 only. My wife only eats fish so little or no choice for me. Suggest their take the Celebrity approach, whatever the customer wants they can have (obviously within reason). Their Murano restaurant will knock spots off any restaurant aboard Britannia and they are there too please. Wake up P&O, your customer deserve better.

Unfortunately Chateaubriand is quite often down as 'for 2 only', both on cruise lines and on land. The only ship we have had it on for 1 person is Queens Grill on QM2 and a Seabourn ship.

My husband loses out as I do not like beef and he loves it! :)

It may seem that way but when you get the same people saying the same things over and over again then it does get monotonous. I can accept that the MDR food is not up to standard for some but others are perfectly happy with it but how anyone can say the food in the Epicurean is poor astounds me. Of course we all want top notch at a knock down price but that isn't going to happen.

Well what an excellent post that was this morning all the moaners duly obliged. Every one then had a go at me. Not allowing me my opinion. Everyone can have theirs but not me. Very good.

Dai I despair, I was complaining about you not permitting anyone to Criticise P&O, now you twist it to suggest that anyone who dares to have an opposite view to your's is somehow denying your freedom of speech.

I can only assume that your brain is wired up differently to the average.

It may seem that way but when you get the same people saying the same things over and over again then it does get monotonous. I can accept that the MDR food is not up to standard for some but others are perfectly happy with it but how anyone can say the food in the Epicurean is poor astounds me. Of course we all want top notch at a knock down price but that isn't going to happen.

I have to agree with your comment about Epicurean.

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who has eaten in top notch michelin starred restaurants on land and, therefore, know an excellent restaurant when we see one, and Epicurean is certainly excellent, and at an extremely good price. It would be an awful lot more on land.

Dai I despair, I was complaining about you not permitting anyone to Criticise P&O, now you twist it to suggest that anyone who dares to have an opposite view to your's is somehow denying your freedom of speech.

I can only assume that your brain is wired up differently to the average.

Thank you John for the insult. So I am not allowed the opinion you are wrong come off it. The posts today have proved that those who dislike the company post negative things and do not like when that is pointed out. Much easier to attack me especially when there is a group of you.

Thank you John for the insult. So I am not allowed the opinion you are wrong come off it. The posts today have proved that those who dislike the company post negative things and do not like when that is pointed out. Much easier to attack me especially when there is a group of you.

How on earth can someone's opinion be wrong?

You can disagree with it and give your reasons, but I would suggest it is insulting for you to suggest someone else's opinion is wrong.

How on earth can someone's opinion be wrong?

You can disagree with it and give your reasons, but I would suggest it is insulting for you to suggest someone else's opinion is wrong.

Everyone has their own opinions thats what makes us human.

43 cruises and counting.

On my two recent cruises with P and O, I was disappointed with the choice in the buffet in the evenings. We prefer to eat in the buffet at night for various reasons, but the choice was very restricted on themed nights. If you do not like Indian food, or whatever it was, there wasn't much else. On other cruise lines I have been on, there was always a plain roast and other items available.

On my two recent cruises with P and O, I was disappointed with the choice in the buffet in the evenings. We prefer to eat in the buffet at night for various reasons, but the choice was very restricted on themed nights. If you do not like Indian food, or whatever it was, there wasn't much else. On other cruise lines I have been on, there was always a plain roast and other items available.

I think P&O tend not to go over the top with the buffet. Only used it a couple of times but never seen any roast. But then again I have never seen large numbers eating there.

The only saying anything negative about the food are a small group who have a history of putting P&O down.

daiB, would you mind clarifying why you quoted from my post underneath this comment? I am hoping it was an error? I think mine was a balanced post as are, I would like to think, all my posts. I certainly do not feel that I could be accused of having a history of putting P&O down. There's a lot I like about P&O and you will find many posts where I refer to them. Equally, there are many things that they could do better, which I also discuss. That's the point of a forum. As you know, I have been defending P&O vigorously on another thread where someone who could be placed in the group you describe has repeated the same incorrect claims over and over again.

daiB, would you mind clarifying why you quoted from my post underneath this comment? I am hoping it was an error? I think mine was a balanced post as are, I would like to think, all my posts. I certainly do not feel that I could be accused of having a history of putting P&O down. There's a lot I like about P&O and you will find many posts where I refer to them. Equally, there are many things that they could do better, which I also discuss. That's the point of a forum. As you know, I have been defending P&O vigorously on another thread where someone who could be placed in the group you describe has repeated the same incorrect claims over and over again.

That was an how did that get there moment. On my phone and with the New app set up it picked up your post as well. I do not include you in my comments at all.