Breakaway Haven Restaurant - Does Menu Change?

colliercruiser

I've seen a few menus posted for Breakaway's Haven Restaurant (but please post more if you have them). But does the menu remain the same each night of change during the cruise?

We were in the Haven on the Breakaway in early March 2017. The Haven restaurant had the same menu each day. One menu for breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner.

Don't forget: the Haven will also have menus for the other restaurants. Your Haven waiter will gladly show you the other menus and get whatever you order. I think the only thing they won't get from another restaurant is raw seafood.

We have a breakaway cruise next year, but we just got off the Escape. The Haven menu did not change, but because we had the specialty dining, we never ate our way through the menu. I did notice that the specialty dining items that were on the Haven menu seemed to be exactly the same as what was served in the Haven. We considered going to the MDR at one point, but the Haven restaurant was so convenient and pleasant, we never did. We did eat at O'Sh's a couple of lunches because of schedule. Note that the Haven restaurant (along with most every other place) does not open for lunch until noon..at least on Escape. That was disappointing to us, as we rise and eat breakfast early and are ready for lunch around 11-11:30. Same issue with breakfast....7:30 most days, 7:00 port days. Way later than we are used to....and we slept in (for us) and exercised prior to breakfast!

We were in the Haven on the Breakaway in early March 2017. The Haven restaurant had the same menu each day. One menu for breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner.

Don't forget: the Haven will also have menus for the other restaurants. Your Haven waiter will gladly show you the other menus and get whatever you order. I think the only thing they won't get from another restaurant is raw seafood.

So you can order any item from any other specialty restaurant while dining in Haven? Do you have to pay a fee for that? Meaning if you went to the specialty restaurant you would have to pay a fee, but if you order the same items through the Haven restaurant do you still pay the fee or is it waived?

So you can order any item from any other specialty restaurant while dining in Haven? Do you have to pay a fee for that? Meaning if you went to the specialty restaurant you would have to pay a fee, but if you order the same items through the Haven restaurant do you still pay the fee or is it waived?

you pay the a la carte price for the food. Better if you have your butler deliver it to your room rather than taking resources from the Havens restaurant, slowing it down for everyone.

Not waived. If the food is from a free venue, it's free. If the food is from a venue that charges, you pay the charges (or use specialty dining credits).

Very disappointing that the menu never changes, not even the soup

Safe sailing

Every day there is a different chilled soup of the day. None are to my liking as they are very sweet. I miss the shrimp and corn chowder and black bean soup they used to serve.

Tracy

you pay the a la carte price for the food. Better if you have your butler deliver it to your room rather than taking resources from the Havens restaurant, slowing it down for everyone.

We can also say that it's bad to order dessert because it slowing it down for everyone.

Why is it better to use the butler? Doesn't that also slowing it down for everyone?

Noone need to feel bad because they order things from other restaurants in the Haven restaurant. That service is paid for on the cruise fare.

Actually, its not. They do it as a courtesy but the system wasn't designed for it, and it is disruptive to the flow. The butlers have a system in place to get food from other venues. Along with specials, doing this is at the discretion of the staff and although they probably won't, they can say no. They don't say no to things they really should, like being defacto baby sitters.

Talking to the Haven EC last cruise, the fixed menu is for 2 reasons. One the Haven galley is fairly small especially storage wise, which means they would need to rotate out a lot of items each day for various menus. Could be done, but a logistical challenge.

Number 2, the Haven restaurants on most ships are not big enough to serve all the pax, every night at peak times. Reducing menu variety is one way to encourage people to explore other venues and relieve some capacity stress.

If the staff is willing, there is nothing wrong with ordering from other venues, but understand it is not without impact to their routine. This should be considered when supplementing the DSC.

And, although they didn't say this, SDP aside, it encourages people to possibly spend in specialty venues.

No changes the entire cruise. Very disappointing really. It would be nice if they would at least offer a special at lunch or dinner.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

One day at lunch I was craving an Avocado BLT. I asked and they happily brought it. I guess I made my own special.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

About two or three Havens ago, I was chatting with the Restaurant Manager how it would be nice to have a daily lunch special as I sailed two or three times a year.

She said it really wouldn't be a problem to make a "creation" with any ingredients on hand. I told her I didn't want to slow down/create extra work for the galley crew but she encouraged me to try.

Of course, being one of the world's great rule followers, I never did!

About two or three Havens ago, I was chatting with the Restaurant Manager how it would be nice to have a daily lunch special as I sailed two or three times a year.

She said it really wouldn't be a problem to make a "creation" with any ingredients on hand. I told her I didn't want to slow down/create extra work for the galley crew but she encouraged me to try.

Of course, being one of the world's great rule followers, I never did!

Being a trained chef, I knew they had everything on hand for my avo BLT.

Likewise, recently on Epic, we had avocado toast every day for breakfast. Great bread on buffet and avocado in galley.

It is easy to take existing menu items and tweak them. Epic Club has a cobb salad at lunch. They also have a Mahi Mahi sandwich and scallops. How about a seafood cobb? Or a grilled chicken with caesar salad sandwich?

Actually, its not. They do it as a courtesy but the system wasn't designed for it, and it is disruptive to the flow. The butlers have a system in place to get food from other venues. Along with specials, doing this is at the discretion of the staff and although they probably won't, they can say no. They don't say no to things they really should, like being defacto baby sitters.

I doubt that they give anything away for free so if its allowed to order things from other restaurants to the Haven restaurant it is paid for on the cruise fare.

It was a long time since I saw it so it might have been changed but I have seen the information that it's possible to order things from other restaurants to the Haven restaurant and if that information still is published by NCL I really don't think that they can say no.

I haven't seen it published anywhere.

The Haven staff will go out of their way to a ridiculous degree to accommodate requests, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't recognize that extra effort is involved and that its the normal Haven staff that handles it, there's no extra behind the scenes food runners for example, someone from the Haven has to go many decks to the main galley or someone has to come up.. There's also a huge difference between making requests at table or in advance in terms of impact.

I doubt that they give anything away for free so if its allowed to order things from other restaurants to the Haven restaurant it is paid for on the cruise fare.

It was a long time since I saw it so it might have been changed but I have seen the information that it's possible to order things from other restaurants to the Haven restaurant and if that information still is published by NCL I really don't think that they can say no.

I haven't seen it published anywhere.

The Haven staff will go out of their way to a ridiculous degree to accommodate requests, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't recognize that extra effort is involved and that its the normal Haven staff that handles it, there's no extra behind the scenes food runners for example, someone from the Haven has to go many decks to the main galley or someone has to come up.. There's also a huge difference between making requests at table or in advance in terms of impact.

It was a long time since I remember seeing it but that doesn't mean that it has not been published recently, I haven't looked for it.

It's possible that I have seen the information on their European site or in their European brochure. I will look into it when I get the time.

When you book the Haven, you are paying for a certain level or degree of service. That includes staff attempting to meet your requests. It is not at all unreasonable (and both times we have been in the Haven has actually been encouraged) to order something in the Haven restaurant from elsewhere on the ship. If you know in advance that you would like to do so, let the maitre'd know and he can plan the logistics of accommodating you. If you decide on a whim, they will also accommodate you with minimal impact if any on other guests and with only a slight impact on staff. Yes, staff may have to go to a different galley/restaurant to accommodate you. But, you are paying for this extra degree of service.

We can also say that it's bad to order dessert because it slowing it down for everyone.

How does your argument make any sense??????? The desserts are pre-made, on hand in the Havens galley. Just about as fast as you can walk through the swinging galley door and back, the dessert will be on the table. A waiter doesn't have spend out of the restaurant to say, run from the 18th deck down to the 6th deck, then half way across the ship to the Le Bistro galley to wait and pick up an order, and run back.

Are the Haven restaurant menus the same fleetwide? If so, can someone post a current menu? If they differ can someone direct me to one from Getaway? I've used the search function and have been having trouble finding any menu that isn't a couple years old.

Are the Haven restaurant menus the same fleetwide? If so, can someone post a current menu? If they differ can someone direct me to one from Getaway? I've used the search function and have been having trouble finding any menu that isn't a couple years old.

Go to beyondships.com. It is the set with seafood benedict for breakfast NOT crabcakes benedict.