Any reports from the refreshed Caribbean Princess?

#cruiseaddict

Thanks for the updates. I look the look and new venues on this ship. Are there expected any changes to the Skywalkers? That space really didn't need any big changes.

We are looking forward to being on her for a BTB reposition TA in September - London back to FLL and then the Caribbean Circle Tour.

I'm curious about the smoking areas. Can you tell me whether the location has changed? I'm wondering specifically about the outside space on the deck above the Terrace Pool, outside of Planks and Steamers. This used to be a smoking area and I just wondered if it still is.

Also, can you walk through Planks and Steamers during the daytime, to go to the Marketplace buffet? Just curious as there used to be an entrance there (through Cafe Caribe)?

I'm also curious about the beds - are they comfy?

Looking forward to seeing the ship in person in November; just trying to choose a cabin now!

Thanks!

But the breakfast in the new eateries is complimentary, right? Do you know what kind of items are served there? :)

They are complimentary according to what Princess posted on their website. One is supposed to make breakfast bowls. There's also supposed to be a pancake bar, but I'm not sure if that's in the at-night restaurant area or part of the regular buffet.

But the breakfast in the new eateries is complimentary, right? Do you know what kind of items are served there? :)

Yes...complimentary.

Here are descriptions from the webpage showing the Caribbean's renovation.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/cb-caribbean-princess/drydock-2017/

Steamers: "Our new family-style seafood restaurant offers dinner served by wait staff for a nominal fee. Choose from Black & Blue Mussels or Classic Clams “Steamers” or the Broiled Platter which includes scallops, shrimp and crab-stuffed flounder. All come with generous sides and dipping sauces as well as starters and dessert. At lunchtime, help yourself to a buffet that includes Gourmet and Ramen Bowls with regionally inspired broths—all at no charge. And join us for breakfast, also at no charge, for specialty egg dishes like omelets, fried eggs and eggs Benedict".

Planks BBQ: "Drop by for a classic American-style dinner, served by wait staff for a nominal fee. Our casual BBQ restaurant gives you a choice of "Planks" loaded with four meats, chili, coleslaw and seasoned fries along with starters and decadent dessert. Planks BBQ also serves a buffet-style lunch at no charge, with signature soup and freshly tossed salad, as well as regionally inspired fork-and-knife sandwiches. Buffet-style breakfasts, also at no charge, include savory breakfast bowls customized for you".

I've read everything that Princess has posted. Just trying to get info from those who've actually been there, ie. the Breakfast Bowls.

Are Planks and Steamers both smart casual for dinner? Since they are right next to the buffet I was thinking maybe they might not be?

I've read everything that Princess has posted. Just trying to get info from those who've actually been there, ie. the Breakfast Bowls.

Are Planks and Steamers both smart casual for dinner? Since they are right next to the buffet I was thinking maybe they might not be?

I have no real information but I would guess the answer is "Yes" they will be smart casual venues in the evening. After all, they are extra-fee venues.

Just got off the TA and the new changes are an improvement. Planks and Steamers are roomier than what there was before. I posted a review this evening. Rennovation continuation is not an issue. Much better ship than before.

Just got off the TA and the new changes are an improvement. Planks and Steamers are roomier than what there was before. I posted a review this evening. Rennovation continuation is not an issue. Much better ship than before.

Hopefully the changes will be successful & made to other ships.

Did you eat at those locations for breakfast & lunch? If so, how did you enjoy it?

Looking forward to Prego Pizzeria changing into Slice Pizzeria in the Fall.