Balcony sizes

luvsvacations

i am looking for info on the balconies. We are a party of 3 and enjoy time on the balcony. Are there any cabins that have larger balconies other than the suites, the price tripled on those. We are looking at the Equinox or Silhoute.

Any suggestions or tips appreciated first time on Celebrity. Thanks

i am looking for info on the balconies. We are a party of 3 and enjoy time on the balcony. Are there any cabins that have larger balconies other than the suites, the price tripled on those. We are looking at the Equinox or Silhoute.

Any suggestions or tips appreciated first time on Celebrity. Thanks

As already suggested, look for the hump.

Some variation ship-to-ship so the numbers don't always match, but for example we were recently in 1044, a C2 cabin, on the Eclipse. Quite spacious balcony, room for two lounger style chairs, small table. Third chair might have been awkward though.

p2287694464-3.jpg

As already suggested, look for the hump.

Some variation ship-to-ship so the numbers don't always match, but for example we were recently in 1044, a C2 cabin, on the Eclipse. Quite spacious balcony, room for two lounger style chairs, small table. Third chair might have been awkward though.

p2287694464-3.jpg

Thanks for the photo. I'm in 9296(a C2) on the Silhouette which is a hump balcony. Really looking forward to all that extra space on the balcony.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

M Class aft balconies are HUGE

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

And, they have loungers AND regular deck chairs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

True, but the OP specifically asked about Equinox and Silhouette which are both S class ships (not M class).

The vanity chair can be brought onto the veranda for seating 3...just remember to bring it back inside at night or when you leave your cabin.

Also, Concierge Class veranda chairs have separate footstools that can double as backless seats.

How about the AFT cabins on the Equinox

Certain ones are larger

My agent booked a certain AFT cabin but I looked at a pic of the AFT and found that one cabin on each floor was wider. we always take an AFT cabin for that reason and the amazing view !!.

Ours is cabin 8344 and if you have a pic of the aft of the ship you can see a difference in the balcony size as there is a maintenance closet on the inside of the ship which allows for a larger balcony ( no extra in room)

Certain ones are larger

My agent booked a certain AFT cabin but I looked at a pic of the AFT and found that one cabin on each floor was wider. we always take an AFT cabin for that reason and the amazing view !!.

Ours is cabin 8344 and if you have a pic of the aft of the ship you can see a difference in the balcony size as there is a maintenance closet on the inside of the ship which allows for a larger balcony ( no extra in room)

I noticed that there was one row of aft cabins on the Equinox that had larger balconies. I booked cabin 8344 for my upcoming cruise in December. It will be my first time sailing on Celebrity and I am looking so forward to it.:p

Will be on Equinox in 8230 (1A) cabin in a few days! According to the S class spreadsheet, this cabin has a very large balcony. The same cabin position on other decks will also have an oversized balcony. The cabin on deck 9 is 9270, and on deck 7 is 7264. These cabins are on the starboard of the ship and face forward. If you prefer the port side, there are rear facing cabins on the angle of the hump that also accommodate three people - 7241, 8279 and 9237.

Edited by cruisin' lady

Just remember its not the cabins on the hump that have the large balconies, its the cabins on the slant of the hump. Category 1A

There are also Concierge 2 cabins on the slant. Where there are 4 the 1st and 3rd are the largest (reported to be about x3 standard) and the 2nd and 4th are twice the size or thereabouts of a standard balcony. The cabins are the same size on the Equinox and Silhouette.

Celebrity Equinox cabin 8197 has a much larger than average balcony. I am comparing it to the balcony we had on the Eclipse. We had cabin 8197 in 2014 on our 11 night cruise. I was looking at a picture we made of the balcony and I noticed we had 4 chairs and a table and we also put the coffee table out there as we wanted the extra room in the cabin. The balcony is looking back but we felt we had less wind. We booked the same cabin again for our cruise in August!

)

The aft cabin we just had on Equinox had the smallest balcony I've ever had on a Solstice Class ship. We were in 1204, a Concierge Class balcony. The balcony was so short I couldn't even recline the lounger and still have room for the foot stool. Also the roof overhang was only about a foot, so there was no protection from rain or spray from cleaning on upper decks or smokestack residue. The view was often gorgeous and I loved the wake.