No AIBP or Soda & More sith Ocean Medallion??

reedprincess

I agree that I would rather just stop by a bar to get a drink. I don't plan to carry my phone around the ship with me. I would have no problem if Princess limited AIBP and Soda & More purchases to dining rooms and bars and did not allow them to be ordered for delivery - like they currently do not allow them to be delivered by room service.

If Princess is listening, that sounds like a fairly simple solution to this problem.

I would just do away with the ridiculous "feature" of being able to order a drink and have it delivered wherever you are. From the beginning of the promotional statements made by Princess I thought this would be a logistical nightmare. I just can't see having staff scurry all over the ship delivering drinks. It sounds snazzy in theory but really doesn't seem like something that can work in the real world.

I would just do away with the ridiculous "feature" of being able to order a drink and have it delivered wherever you are. From the beginning of the promotional statements made by Princess I thought this would be a logistical nightmare. I just can't see having staff scurry all over the ship delivering drinks. It sounds snazzy in theory but really doesn't seem like something that can work in the real world.

I've felt the same way since it was announced.

Without additional staff it's impossible to deliver drinks & food to passengers. And by delivering drinks it could result in more abuse of the AIBP by passengers sharing their drinks.

And no Princess statement I've read said whether drink & food delivery is free. They repeatedly state that ***** is a free system to use but never say which of *****'s options are free & which have an additional fee.

I'm really hoping this has something to do with it...Maybe they're working on moving things over.

Does Ocean Compass replace the Cruise Personalizer?

If you're sailing on a Medallion Class ship, yes. And if you're enjoying a Princess cruise that doesn't yet have Medallion technology, you will continue to use the Cruise Personalizer at princess.com.

Will my Medallion reflect my Captain's Circle loyalty tier status?

Yes! And if you'd like, you will be able to personalize the colors if you desire.

This sounds pretty simplistic and is directed towards the soda and more package.

Why can't they just continue with the stickers and put one on the Medallion? So, the Medallion takes the place of the magnetic card we used to carry. When ordering a beverage, all one did was flash the card and showed the sticker.... use the same process with the Medallion.

I don't know how the AIBP worked, so I won't comment on that.

Am I missing something? (true, I guess one might not be able to order a pop from the app, but I'll give that feature up.)

I sincerely hope they figure out how to implement the same level of AIBP that is currently offered with the medallions. I'm personally fine with it not working for "deliveries" or an additional gratuity/charge added for the enhanced service (which I would likely not choose, but would rather just go to the bar or get a drink from a server instead just as I do today).

As we cruise various lines, the inability to purchase an AIBP will have us looking at other lines first.

They seriously need to sort out the availability of AIBP on Medallion cruises, I was thinking of booking Regal for new Year, 5 cabins we need and all would have AIBP- if its not available it will have to be NCL instead and we will have the package included, we were just interested in the 10 day but cant do the Royal as it goes too late.

Princess get your act together - the ship looks empty anyway at the moment & will stay that way as far as my booking is concerned if they dont get there act together.

This sounds pretty simplistic and is directed towards the soda and more package.

Why can't they just continue with the stickers and put one on the Medallion? So, the Medallion takes the place of the magnetic card we used to carry. When ordering a beverage, all one did was flash the card and showed the sticker.... use the same process with the Medallion.

I don't know how the AIBP worked, so I won't comment on that.

Am I missing something? (true, I guess one might not be able to order a pop from the app, but I'll give that feature up.)

The stickers for AIBP are a thing of the past - just off the Ruby and there is no sticker the AIBP is programmed onto your cruise card - believe it or not some people would go home scan the sticker and create a clone - since there were only 3 colors they would then wait - get on board and put on their "homemade" sticker with the color for that month

Hi My first post

Re the drinks packages I was disappointed as a diabetic when. They introduced the soda & more it was more,that was expensive & I couldn't drink the juices so ended up paying more for my gallon of Diet Coke daily ,now the medallions with no soda. Heaven help us with cost of that

Why can't we just have soda stations were we use these smart medallion s as proof of purchase to ge our own refills. Disney do something similar at some of its water parks . They could site them at the end space of some of the bars . & just have soft drinks deliver to the buffet Resterant & theatres as they do now just a thought ?

Nilsatis 1878. LIVERPOOL U.K.

Disney is Disney. Princess is Princess.

I'm sure they will get the packages and Medallions sorted out. There is far too much money at stake for them to retain the current policy of disallowing the packages with the Medallions. Someone didn't think things through fully and now they are likely scrambling to fix the problem. Obviously I have no inside information but I can't seriously believe the current policy isn't temporary while things are tweaked.

If you really need soda and the current situation doesn't work well for you why not just bring your own onboard? You can take a lot of soda as carry on and there is no fee to do so.

If I'm not mistaken

Princess in Disney, as the guys rolling out the medallions , were behind a similar scene with the wrist bands for disney ,so to bring other ideas on board like refilling your own soda as I suggested isn't outlandish & a simple solution , yes it would be easlier to bring

100 can of soda in my luggage for my next

2 week cruise . The taxi drivers & porters will love me for that & the cabin steward

;p Elite but not elitist

I'm sure they will get the packages and Medallions sorted out. There is far too much money at stake for them to retain the current policy of disallowing the packages with the Medallions. Someone didn't think things through fully and now they are likely scrambling to fix the problem. Obviously I have no inside information but I can't seriously believe the current policy isn't temporary while things are tweaked.

I really hope that's the case. And I hope the reinstatement happens soon. We are booked on the Regal for a TA in September 2018. All along we've been planning on rebooking under the AIBP promotion that will likely come from Princess late this summer. We will be very disappointed, not to mention unhappy, if the Regal is excluded from the promotion.

Guest arowe6

I just read about this and (subsequently) found this thread.

Super super super bummed that the AIBP isn't currently offered on the Regal Cruise we have booked in December. I really hope this is changed/fixed/updated prior to sailing so we can purchase this.

-Andrew

I hope this changes too. We usually get the soda and more package. But if that goes away, then we'll have to find someplace near our pre-cruise hotel where we can buy some canned soda to take on board.

If I'm not mistaken

Princess in Disney, as the guys rolling out the medallions , were behind a similar scene with the wrist bands for disney ,so to bring other ideas on board like refilling your own soda as I suggested isn't outlandish & a simple solution , yes it would be easlier to bring

100 can of soda in my luggage for my next

2 week cruise . The taxi drivers & porters will love me for that & the cabin steward

;p Elite but not elitist

Oh, my bad. It never occurred to me that someone would need 100 sodas for 14 days.

I just booked on Sea Princess for 2019, by which time it should have Medallion Class, I believe, no AIBP on offer, but Soda and More is????

Well...that's some good news. So you mean, you were able to purchase the soda and more package on the medaliion class sailing?

Oh, my bad. It never occurred to me that someone would need 100 sodas for 14 days.

Thats about a six-pack a day. When I get the AIBP I know I have more than 6 drinks a day (usually a LOT more) so don't think its difficult to have that many sodas if you are a soda person. Just sayin'.:D

I just booked on Sea Princess for 2019, by which time it should have Medallion Class, I believe, no AIBP on offer, but Soda and More is????

were is this to, just booked majestic from sydney sept 2018 cruise personaliser doesn't show AIBP shows soda package, does this mean it aint gonna be offered????

We will stay away from all Medallion cruises if the AIBP is not offered. If the entire fleet goes Medallion and the AIBP is eliminated....well, I guess we will branch out and sample other lines. Might be time for that anyway.

We will stay away from all Medallion cruises if the AIBP is not offered. If the entire fleet goes Medallion and the AIBP is eliminated....well, I guess we will branch out and sample other lines. Might be time for that anyway.

Hopefully coming in the future. Statement from Princess

"Our Ocean Medallion™ Class ships will offer the Here and Now™, There and Then™ feature which allows you to order what you want, when you want it - in most locations throughout the ship. In order to accommodate this great new way to order beverages, our soda and all-inclusive beverage packages will initially not be offered onboard our Ocean Medallion™ Class ships. We are evaluating our ability to include them in the future."